Class Balance

Tweedledey

Hi everyone,

I quit playing the game back in January due to several reasons namely class balance issues. I really enjoy pvp and was active in daoc (greatest game every) and more recently gw2. With the implementation of free to play I decided to give the game another try.

The pvp in this game favors melee a lot. I play a sorcerer primarily and even though I utilize many of my kiting abilities I'm still chased around the map by either stealth type characters or melee 90% of the time. Most of my strong force abilities I have to remain stationary and cast. If I stay in melee range and try and cast I'm destroyed within a couple of seconds and many of those classes have a wide range of stuns, slows, and mezzes to keep you in range. If you do manage to get away they can simply either leap to you or have abilities to increase their speed, so kiting doesn't help you. I may be doing it wrong however and am fully open to constructive criticism.

My question for all of you expert range characters out there is how do you effectively pvp in this game with a ranged class? I could possibly re-roll, but I really don't think that helps the situation.

I also do not understand BW's reasoning for a lot of the patches for the game. I ran a mid level flash point last night and for the life of me I struggled managing my force and the consumption mechanic is horrible. This to me has to be the only game I've ever played in where the devs are intentionally trying to irritate their customer base. Anyway, sorry for the rant.

If you guys can offer some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I'm waiting to see how BW handles the sorcerer bubble stun. If they end up nerfing it, which I believe they will and not offer anything to compensate for it I may end up leaving again.

Spec into a lightning/madness hybrid if you want to be DPS in PVP. Madness has less reliance on casting and the survivability abilities like root on KB and bubble pop will help you significantly with kiting melee classes. Force speed has had the CD reduced for everyone now, so that should help along with the self heal. You'll offer far more utility to your team, so don't pay attention to the damage charts. Just help your team win and keep the melee train on the other team busy.