Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerfed Compainion heals

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterRummy
09.03.2019 , 10:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
They actually aren't nerfed they have been buffed with a new heal ability on the bar that is turned off by default so you just have to make sure it is turned on and also companions have a chance to proc a aoe heal that has no cooldown like the one Z0-OM uses
The above statement unfortunately holds no water as this lock is not unlock-able.....

Kraysk
09.03.2019 , 10:50 PM | #12
People rely on their companions too much and the companions are so overpowered they can pretty much solo MM FP for you.
I wish devs nerfed companions FOR REAL.

Kaizersan
09.03.2019 , 10:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRummy View Post
The above statement unfortunately holds no water as this lock is not unlock-able.....
My companion healing me through master mode Hammer station says otherwise buddy

MasterRummy
09.04.2019 , 06:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
My companion healing me through master mode Hammer station says otherwise buddy
Here, let me rephrase so you can this time understand me. Show me your screenshots of how you disabled this change so we can test it.

unibim
09.04.2019 , 08:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
People rely on their companions too much and the companions are so overpowered they can pretty much solo MM FP for you.
I wish devs nerfed companions FOR REAL.
This so much.
Companions are supposed to support, not carry.
Malgus Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

DWho
09.04.2019 , 08:29 AM | #16
It helps some and should be fine for running basic missions. It still isn't enough to hold up to the sustained damage you run into with heroics and flashpoints. The CC is more valuable because it cuts down on the incoming damage (but you have to be careful not to break it). Two golds will still push what a mid level healer can do and since fights take significantly longer now due to the other downgrades, you need to keep up the healing longer.

well
09.04.2019 , 11:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I feel like they're really telling solo players they're not welcome at all. If the difficulty is upped and companions are nerfed to the point where the current solo content becomes unplayable, they're sending a very strong message. It's one thing to make the endgame Ops too hard for solo players and it's another to make the existing game content unplayable for them.

It's yet another slap in the face. I guess "play your way" means "play your way as long as you're grouped."
I agree with that. Also the comps being overpowered is nonsense. I play solo in this game. Sometimes they will stand there like Gomer Pyle not doing nothing. You have to set them on the targets. I rarely use healers except for the one case in Iokath. I can be fighting a hostile and the comp will stand there. In PTS this time I have used a healer more than I ever did in the last year. I had Magnus as a healer in PTS and all he did was heal himself. Frell.

EricMusco
09.04.2019 , 12:25 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Some quick details on what you are seeing. We did make changes to Companion healing but this should not necessarily result in a nerf to them. In the current live game Companion healing is very strong but it also appears to be so strong to the point that you may play certain content and barely see your health bar move.

We made some changes to Companion healing abilities and timing so that although their healing is roughly the same, it has the appearance that you are actually taking damage. Ultimately, what we would want feedback on is does it just appear that you are getting less healing / in more danger, or are you actually dying in places you wouldn't have previously.

Share your thoughts and thanks for raising this!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Krazhez
09.04.2019 , 01:27 PM | #19
My input is, I think it's mostly fine. I do have to run with healer comps more often. I don't think the change is much of an issue, because I feel like I do more damage.(and it makes me use the utilities of my class) With that being said, maybe lower the cd on the channeled heal?

I do have a complaint though, that teleport given to them all, I like it, but I think it's too aggressive, they jump at the worst times. Brawler fight in eternal championship is particularly annoying, since I use the method to have the companion aggro one of the kintans. But now they jump to you and you have both kintans stacked now.

DzastinBiberi
09.04.2019 , 01:54 PM | #20
Bolster nerfed my toon in M FP's in 258 gear.