Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerfed Compainion heals

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ivanhedgehog
09.10.2019 , 01:41 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Speak for yourself.
For example, like this: "I can't play the game or simply don't want to so i need to be carried by overpowered companion".
It is easy to set your own difficulty,only laziness stops you. And before you say "why should I have to do that"..bean adult and take a little self responsibility...You have the ability to set things to the difficulty you wish. Maybe the devs could add toggle allowing you to turn off your presence buffs? that would ad difficulty without affecting anyone else.

cmcougar
09.10.2019 , 03:34 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by well View Post
I agree with that. Also the comps being overpowered is nonsense. I play solo in this game. Sometimes they will stand there like Gomer Pyle not doing nothing. You have to set them on the targets. I rarely use healers except for the one case in Iokath. I can be fighting a hostile and the comp will stand there. In PTS this time I have used a healer more than I ever did in the last year. I had Magnus as a healer in PTS and all he did was heal himself. Frell.
Same problem here. Malgus set to heal, and no help at all. One of the other posts here said that the problem was impacting melee players more than ranged, and I can confirm that after some testing. They better not let this go live, because it's going to frustrate people in the extreme.

commanderwar
09.11.2019 , 02:32 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Agreed, I miss things actually being able to kill me.
agreed imo that's why I no longer use healer comp anymore, sometimes noticable on loew level planets, but on high level planets such as ossus and dantoonine, there is a more risk of dying. I was on the PTS a few days ago, I tried a level 1 healer nar shadda, ossus and other places, I only fell below 50 percent with the level 1 healer, and had to use defensive, so nothing to bad.

I would also like back gearing comps again
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

Totemdancer
09.11.2019 , 11:48 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
agreed imo that's why I no longer use healer comp anymore, sometimes noticable on loew level planets, but on high level planets such as ossus and dantoonine, there is a more risk of dying. I was on the PTS a few days ago, I tried a level 1 healer nar shadda, ossus and other places, I only fell below 50 percent with the level 1 healer, and had to use defensive, so nothing to bad.

I would also like back gearing comps again
It really depends on the class and how fast you want to move through content without having to stop and heal. For instance, if you are playing a Mara, you donít have any self heals and eventually you will have to stop and heal or stealth out to survive once your health drops. I know I for one would hate having to deal with all the sky trooper spam spawns if I didnít have a healer on my Mara.

You also have to consider the content as well as the class. The more burst or longer fights require healers on certain classes after their DCDs run out. That is unless you are using the med stations in a boss fight. Even then you can have some boss mechanics interfere more with some classes over others. Iíll use Maraís again as an example, if you have a boss that drops a lot of ground clutter on top or around itself as a mechanic, this will prevent a class like a Mara from staying on the target long enough to do damage before the boss agroís. In these circumstances it is essential to have a comp healer that can keep up and many canít in live unless they are lvl 50. Even then, some are useless and the preference for fights like that is Z0-0M or Shae.

I think a better approach would be to make some comps specifically designed for certain roles again. They could all still be used in any role (generically), but they would have specific and visibly documented strengths. Those that are designed for a specific role could have one or two extra or different comp abilities to make them stand out for that purpose.
You could have some tank, dps and healer specific abilities depending on the comp. ie, take Khem as an example : he could be tank specific and have a specific ability that gives him much higher endurance, a better guard and taunt utility to make him shine as a dedicated tank. He could still be used as a healer or DPS, but in those roles he would lose his extra endurance ability and get generic healing/dps abilities.
The same could be said for Shae. Give her a couple of extra dedicated DPS abilities (above the generic ones), but she could still tank or heal using the generic abilities in those roles.

I feel the current generic approach to companions takes away the enjoyment of having the choice of how difficult you want the content. But at least we currently have some comps that are stronger in certain roles, even if that wasnít the devs intention. Ie, Shae = dps and Z0-0M = healing,
These changes to nerf healing across all comps and make them all the same is a terrible idea IMO. It takes away another choice that makes the game fun.

I would also like to see the option to bring back gear for comps. I donít think that should ever have been removed as it allowed us some extra customisation and enjoyment. They could still equip the comps with generically reasonably ok gear for 85% of content, which would suit most players who dont want to customise. But if you wanted to spec a comp a certain way to compliment your play style you could also have that option. This way itís the best of both worlds. People who donít want to have to gear comps wonít have to and those that do want to, can.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Totemdancer
09.12.2019 , 12:01 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by cmcougar View Post
Same problem here. Malgus set to heal, and no help at all. One of the other posts here said that the problem was impacting melee players more than ranged, and I can confirm that after some testing. They better not let this go live, because it's going to frustrate people in the extreme.
The Malgus issues arenít just limited to him. It comes partly from the comp he is, aka melee. (I also think heís more designed to be a tank).
Iíve noticed that most melee comps are completely useless healers because they stand in the mess hitting the targets and healing themselves so they donít die.
And Malgus actually takes the problem a bit further as he also seems to want to be a tank and pull all the agro. This isnít such a problem if you are 1v1 a boss or mob, but then you have a group and you have 5 on you and Malgus just wants to fight instead of healing you.
As you say, this isnít such a problem for ranged because you can kite and Malgus can get a chance to heal you. But if you are melee and both close in together, then melee healers like Malgus spend as much or more time healing themselves as they do you.
Itís why if I have a choice, I never use a melee comp as a healer, I always use ranged. But most of the time the game doesnít give us a choice and you get stuck with the wrong type of healer because they are part of the story.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Unperson
09.12.2019 , 08:22 AM | #76
I thought Malgus was pretty useless as both tank and healer even on live. He can't even heal himself properly, and as a tank he doesn't mitigate very much so he usually ends up dead from all the aggro he pulls. So just put him in DPS stance and let him do his thing -- wreck face. Yes, even if you are DPS yourself. I had a much easier time going through the temple as a DPS pair than as any other combination.

He seems to be a special case though, as his abilities don't change all that much between stances, if memory serves.