So I spend the bulk of my time in flashpoints. Love running with a group and doing the "dungeon" content. But, gosh, is it sure broken. Red Reaper? 90% of my runs have been bugged at darth ikoral. 90%! Its a sad state of affairs. And its the only flashpoint you can run till you hit 48-49 and can do the 50s. Loot tables appear to be often broken, too. How many times have you done a flashpoint only to see the same boots drop 4 bosses in a row for a class that isn't even running the FP? Quash the bugs, then give us Quesh huttball, not the other way around.

So I spend the bulk of my time in flashpoints. Love running with a group and doing the "dungeon" content. But, gosh, is it sure broken. Red Reaper? 90% of my runs have been bugged at darth ikoral. 90%! Its a sad state of affairs. And its the only flashpoint you can run till you hit 48-49 and can do the 50s. Loot tables appear to be often broken, too. How many times have you done a flashpoint only to see the same boots drop 4 bosses in a row for a class that isn't even running the FP? Quash the bugs, then give us Quesh huttball, not the other way around.

Explain this bug, will you? :) Never seen Ikoral, or any part of TRR bug in any mentionable way, even in very recent runs.

Explain this bug, will you? :) Never seen Ikoral, or any part of TRR bug in any mentionable way, even in very recent runs.

I wonder about the Ikoral bug, too. The only bug I noticed there is people not knowing/executing the mechanics (well, the one mechanic where you have to run behind the adds and interrupt them). Could you please fix that people don't play mechanics? But the mobs right at the beginning of Red Reaper stay invisible for me, though this may be on my end.

Now, HK in the foundry tends to bug out quite a bit from time to time. Not standing in the middle in his "core phase", spawning several waves of adds at once (I assume that this has something to do with the amount of damage HK has taken - similar to the last boss in Mandalorian Raiders jumping once amount x of damage is done to him), smashing people with the core that seem to be in a safe distance...

Every time I've played Red Reaper on my Jug tank the mobs in the initial room are invisible. Makes it a bit tricky to pull and tank when you can't actually see the mobs.

I've also seen Darth Icky bug out. You follow the mechanic and stand behind his apprentice while he casts lightning and... nothing happens. The apprentice doesn't die and the fight can not be completed. The only workaround I've found is to run away till Icky evades then start again and hope it doesn't bug this time.

As for HK... his fight in Foundry is so bugged it's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the guaranteed disconnects that happen in Black Talon every freaking run. :mad:

Edited by Irongut

I've also seen Darth Icky bug out. You follow the mechanic and stand behind his apprentice while he casts lightning and... nothing happens. The apprentice doesn't die and the fight can not be completed. The only workaround I've found is to run away till Icky evades then start again and hope it doesn't bug this time.

Interrupt the apprentice when it's casting something and then it works.

Every time I've played Red Reaper on my Jug tank the mobs in the initial room are invisible. Makes it a bit tricky to pull and tank when you can't actually see the mobs.

As for HK... his fight in Foundry is so bugged it's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the guaranteed disconnects that happen in Black Talon every freaking run. :mad:

This first bug is true but irrelevant, because there is a proper path for both rooms of adds that allows for nothing to be pulled, and seeing as those adds are actually pretty strong, you should always be doing it.

*hint* run to the big giant box then follow the edge of the room around to the hallway*

Second thing isn't even a bug. Running behind the add isn't the mechanic. Its running behind them then interrupting them while in the middle of a cast....

As for HK, he has some serious bugs if your damage is either too fast or too slow. Normal groups don't have this problem. Note: see bugs on EV operation also caused by dps being way stronger than intended. Particularly on Garrg-thingy.

As Tar said, all of those "bugs" are not bugs or have easy workarounds. The only legitimate thing there is the BT disconnect, but even there from what I've heard you can get around it by being in fullscreen mode and minimizing during that cutscene.

As Tar said, all of those "bugs" are not bugs or have easy workarounds. The only legitimate thing there is the BT disconnect, but even there from what I've heard you can get around it by being in fullscreen mode and minimizing during that cutscene.

If a scripted fight breaks and has the potential to wipe a group because the group's dps is stronger / faster than the script expects, then there is a problem, and the HK fight certainly falls into this category, as does the last boss in Mando.

One can argue that the scripts are performing as designed, and thus these problems aren't bugs, but they are certainly failures of encounter design to account for better than average players and power creep.

And just because a work around exists does not mean the encounter itself shouldn't be updated to prevent problems in the first place. Leaving issues like the crashing bug during the end scene of BT unresolved for well over a year should not be excused just because there is a 'work around'.

Edited by DawnAskham

Wait... do people seriously give up on the Ikoral fight because they stand there behind an add, it doesn't die, and they never think to try interrupting it? :confused:

Because, yeah, I've never encountered the mythical "Ikoral bug" people claim... and I run a lot of FPs. Like... a lot. I usually level by just spamming Group Finder because I'm mad like that.

But I also interrupt things...

The invisible Sith, on the other hand, happens every single time and is a legit bug. But I just rationalize it as an EXCITING CHALLENGING MECHANIC and tell myself the Sith have CLOAKING DEVICES!

So I just hover my mouse around until it turns into a crosshair, click, and target them. Usually they become visible once damaged. I tell myself the crosshair is my grabby gropey hands feeling the air around me for filthy Sith bodies.

(I am insane)

Edited by SW_display_name

• 3 weeks later...
Interrupt the apprentice when it's casting something and then it works.

A long time ago we thought the boss fight was bugged (back when I was still realtively new to swtor) and we thought all you had to do was stand behind one of the apprentices whilst Ikoral blasted them with force lightning. Then I only realised shortly after that you also have to manually interupt the casting to progress.

Only bug on there is the invisible mobs. No Ikoral bug, just obv doesn't know the mechanics of the boss fight. Bit like folk on Directive 7 with the cloning robot.

I agree, I know my way around this FP (I have 22 chars that has either passed that FP or is excactly on that FP at the moment. Yes I need more characterslots :tran_wink: )

I was however suprised last time I ran it and found out that I could see those mobs that usually are invisible. I played on my gaming laptop that time.

The boss fight is not bugged it is all about knowing how to do it. I usually lead the group during the last fight and we never fails, it is all about knowing how to handle the mechanics

Edited by Icestar