Character Transfer Sale 5/26 – 6/5

EricMusco

I must admit confusion on what additional changes/testing is needed to change transfer prices from 1000cc to 90cc... :confused::rak_02::confused:

Maybe it was showing on their side as 90 while we were seeing the 1k price?

Welcome to the wonderful world of programing where what shouldn't go wrong will frequently do so. ;)

edit: I'm spending the day wondering why one of our server's firewalls keeping going down every five minutes. 95 servers all pretty much the same with hardware and OS and it only happens on this single server. And nothing in the error logs except the "exit" command...

Edited by dr_mike

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was showing on their side as 90 while we were seeing the 1k price?

Welcome to the wonderful world of programing where what shouldn't go wrong will frequently do so. ;)

edit: I'm spending the day wondering why one of our server's firewalls keeping going down every five minutes. 95 servers all pretty much the same with hardware and OS and it only happens on this single server. And nothing in the error logs except the "exit" command...

Leprechauns, it's definitely leprechauns in the server.

Incorrect assessment on your part. Anyone that turns discussion into some agenda based rant (be pro-game or anti-game) are addressed the same by me. For example... we had a, now gone, poster (who always posted in gold text, so I won't name them) which I took to task a number of times when he went orbital over negative game threads and comments. ;)

Over the top is over top... period... regardless of agenda or viewpoint.

That said, please don't try to pretend that those who are more positive about the game are the serious thread ranters and thread propagators. ;) Yes, the occasional thread or post of frustration about all the negativity does go over the top.. but it's not common, and therefore not high on anyone's radar here in the forum.

I'm not implying they are the ranters, I am implying the "head in the sand" crowd are equally unconducive to any sort of rational discussion over the health of the game as the "sky is falling" crowd.

To be fair there are very few people left on the forums capable of holding such a rational discussion of which I would count you amongst for what it's worth. ;)

All the "where are my cheap transfers I want them now!" in this thread just goes to show what a rather great marketing technique all this has been on Bioware's behalf.

Have transfers cheap for a long time which helps empty a variety of servers.

Then put the price up from that point by a factor of over 10.

Wait for the initial outrage and annoyance as people realise they are going to be stuck on what they perceive as dead servers ( or at least enjoyable to play on servers for what they want to do ) unless they fork out a ton of cash. This then will boost demand for a discounted price.

They can then come to the party with acting in the interest of the community and helping people get off these servers and sit back and profit from it.

Between these sort of things and the CM changes, additions etc. I must say that whoever makes decisions around these sort of "extra revenue" sources is really doing quite a good job from a Bioware point of view. ;)

…cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa.

I would like to know why this rule is in existence.

My guess is they don't get what the European rules imply.

The European rule for software transfer is meant to block stealing software.

That is NOT the case if a player wants characters from his account and on the same legacy being moved from one server to another. Regardless if its from Europe to America or vice versa. That is totally legal.

It is forbidden to move characters between 2 separate accounts.

Edited by Mulroin

…cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa.

I would like to know why this rule is in existence.

My guess is they don't get what the European rules imply.

The European rule for software transfer is meant to block stealing software.

That is NOT the case if a player wants characters from his account and on the same legacy being moved from one server to another. Regardless if its from Europe to America or vice versa. That is totally legal.

It is forbidden to move characters between 2 separate accounts.

The restrictions between EU and US have been recently removed, they are not however a part of the current transfer sale, the price remains at 1500 cartel coins (I think)

That would explain why I was charged 1000 x 2 for the two characters I transferred on May 26th. I only came back to the game recently - did they announce somewhere that this sale that was starting yesterday wasn't available to start the day?

the stronghold is transfer with the character? what ocurrs with legacy?

Answer: Your legacy transfers with your character. If you have a legacy on the server you are transferring to, they will combine unlocks. Your strongholds will all be unlocked, your decorations will transfer, but you will have to redecorate.

Statement: You may have to repurchase any strongholds you bought. But I can't recall if that is true or not.

Statement: So uh... it's been over a day since I started my transfer, and nothing has happened yet. I received the emails. My Coin ledger shows that each transfer was paid for, though the number of coins hasn't changed.

Resolution: I found out from Customer Service that I had no open character slots. That was preventing me from transferring. I never got any notifications about that though. So if anyone has the same issue, that might be the problem.

Thank you for doing this sale again. Went on vacation when you guys announced the end of the sale and the price went up to 1000. Came home to a dead server from the panic. We very much appreciate the chance to get off the dead server without paying $300 ;)

A merge would have been better, and we miss our fully unlocked guild ship. But we are definitely glad we're not stuck on a dead server anymore.

I'd suggest you guys close down the low pop servers so new players don't get a bad impression of the game.

Thanks again

Edited by tolaez

Thank you for doing this sale so those who didn't realise just how deserted their servers would become with the last minute rush at the previous sale could move to where they finally want to be. Thank you also for listening to feedback not only about holding this final sale, but also when in the week to hold it (i.e. allowing people time to get guild rewards from conquest).

Howvever, please please please tell us what time on the 5th the sale will end. You did this with the last sale and people had to guess when the cut-off point would be and I'm sure a few people were left stranded by the lack of clarity.

Thank you for doing this sale so those who didn't realise just how deserted their servers would become with the last minute rush at the previous sale could move to where they finally want to be. Thank you also for listening to feedback not only about holding this final sale, but also when in the week to hold it (i.e. allowing people time to get guild rewards from conquest).

Howvever, please please please tell us what time on the 5th the sale will end. You did this with the last sale and people had to guess when the cut-off point would be and I'm sure a few people were left stranded by the lack of clarity.

Assume the stroke of midnight. Anyone left behind this time, only has themselves to blame.

Assume the stroke of midnight. Anyone left behind this time, only has themselves to blame.

Hmmm, maybe I should send a mule from my main server to my ancillary ones to get all the cool decos I have together.

Hmmm, maybe I should send a mule from my main server to my ancillary ones to get all the cool decos I have together.

It really is a good idea...doesn't get any cheaper either ;)

Leveling up is easy...getting all your good "stuff", isn't.

Edited by TUXs

It really is a good idea...doesn't get any cheaper either ;)

Leveling up is easy...getting all your good "stuff", isn't.

Yeah, i have the canon thingy in my Tat SH on one of my servers, something else cool on another, so moving them around might be good to get them all together, for a while at least ;)

Ah but *which* midnight? Midnight local time, midnight "server" time like CET for Europe, EST/PST for US etc... Hence why I asked. There will also be those who assume "midnight" means midnight June 4th/5th and others assuming midnight June5th/6th. Not to mention those assuming reset time yadda yadda.

Just trying to avoid people whining that they missed the deadline again due to lack of clarity (though that may well be inevitable whatever BW say or do!)

Ah but *which* midnight? Midnight local time, midnight "server" time like CET for Europe, EST/PST for US etc... Hence why I asked. There will also be those who assume "midnight" means midnight June 4th/5th and others assuming midnight June5th/6th. Not to mention those assuming reset time yadda yadda.

Just trying to avoid people whining that they missed the deadline again due to lack of clarity (though that may well be inevitable whatever BW say or do!)

The second it turns 6/5 at the international date line. Get your damned affairs in order and do your transfers and don't come here ************ because you waited until the last minute and missed your chance.

Well except for returning players or subs taking a break I guess.

Life's not fair. That'll probably end up affecting as many people as, say, having no new operations or letting GSF die. I've dealt with having no ops since ToS, and that wasn't even my choice. They stepped out of the game and can't even bother glancing at the forum once a week, sucks to be them.

Be done by the 4th and you don't have to worry about. Why would ANYONE procrastinate so much as to have to know when the exact minute of it ending will be?

Edited by psandak

Be done by the 4th and you don't have to worry about. Why would ANYONE procrastinate so much as to have to know when the exact minute of it ending will be?

So they can complain when it ends. Nobody serious would wait at this point...the battle lines have been drawn.