Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

Wow, this sounds like a reasonable response to the criticism.

I'm hoping some of these simple changes will be immediate or within a week like changing point targets and adding more infinitely repeatables. Y'all gotta make this fun again and right now it is not.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
What about flashpoints for players who liked to use those as an avenue for conquest?

Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:

• Group Finder: Operations
  • Group Finder: Flashpoints
  • PvP: Participation and Winning
  • GSF: Participation and Winning

It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric

so daily fps will come back... yay. I loved doing those.

I'm looking forward to the changes. This week I'll be happy if I manage the goal on at least on of my chars. (and that with the bug that gave me 10k free points) *sigh*

Edit: also isn't the Master Compendium a bit expensive. I mean for 4.25mio I can buy a loooot of gifts to feed to my companions.

Edited by streunekatze

Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:

It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric

repeatable flashpoints is good. thanks.

So from what I'm getting the abysmally low repeatable coints remain? 71 WZ/GSF is still too high, for someone that has max SH bonus. Think about the new players you may hope to get in still. 177 matches & wait times in 6 days and likely the only thing they can do. Lets assume they need 30 mins to queue wait and play a match, that's 15 hours a day (leaves 9 hours to eat and sleep, but no time for work/school). Even if you assume instant pops it's a full time job, more or less.

Will have to see how GSF & WZ weeks will look. But overall I doubt this will fix anything.

Personal UI will need a lot more adjusting than you seem to think it does as well.

Planet requirements feel a step in the right direction.

It's good the point goals are coming down, but without any repeatable activities that my folks and me actually want to do, it's still pointless.

Filling our personal goals was mostly achieved by doing flashpoints, crafting and ops, and our invasion targets have always been chosen accordingly. Of these, only ops are feasable at this time. If that remains this way, conquest is dead to most of us.

Also I think you are completely ignoring the impact of removing planetary goal multipliers, which were also an important consideration.

-eric

Get these added back in and you can take the rest of 2018 to fix the rest for all I care.

wow. just wow. It took you 3 whole days to come back with.....nothing. You don't seem to get how demoralizing this is for everyone! Don't just fix it as we go along! That's not even remotely a good plan! ROLL. IT. BACK! At least until you fix this new conquest and do testing on it AHEAD of time! Seriously. I'm just done.

The PvP adjustment is GREAT!!! Thank you for that...but...this system is still too punishing to alts. SWTOR is an entire game of ALTS Eric...you've either got to make everything count towards the Legacy (Legacy CXP, Legacy Conquest points) or allow us to play alts equally. You're absolutely punishing players who have alts.

I agree, I like the sounds of the planned changes to PvP conquest in that they are bringing back a repeatable objective. However, I was hoping to see this same logic flow through to the PvE side of the game which was all but ignored in the OP. I wouldn't hold my breath for legacy wide everything just look how long it took to get legacy currencies ... but like you've said legacy related objectives are restrictive to those of us who play multiple characters (wasn't that the point of DvL anyways, to level 15 different alts?) and I would personally like to see them removed and all objectives be open to all toons. If the concern reverts back to lockout abuse then provide conquest points on a per boss basis ...

Oh also you seem to be entirely ignorant of how really big guilds select their invasion targets. These guilds are mostly conquest guilds (like Wardens of the Republic on Malgus) and they select the planets that their members need for titles. Rewards have nothing to do with that at all, nor point goals. They will go for small, medium and large yield all the time, depending on their rotation, not your idea of interesting rewards (hint: they're not).

Mostly from PvPers? No. Flashpoints also was mentioned and took a hit. Goes to show Bioware is not paying attention to all the players.

EDIT: Okay, you said Flashpoints is being part of the change as well in a later post. But would have been nice that was mentioned in the first post. When the thread gets longer some people will respond to what you had in the first post.

Edited by BullitClub

New UI Confusion

There definitely is some confusion around the iconography in the new UI, especially for Objectives. For quick reference right now, Yellow icon means infinitely repeatable, Blue means daily repeatable, no icon means once per week.

-eric

For the blue and no icon items: is that repeatable/once per week PER LEGACY, or per character?

• Dev Post

-eric

Ok, I double checked and this is not an issue for future Conquests. All of the above content Objectives should be in for all Conquests after our next patch.

-eric

-eric

Add in the ability to do all the above on your legacy alts and I think you will salvage the core ideals of conquest. The rest you can tweak and such and I think players would be more agreeable to change. You really need to understand that there are players who have poured money and time into making alts that can achieve conquests.

Thank you and I appreciate your thread. I would be certain though that you are able to meet these goals.

Lastly, crafting is still broken. One suggestion I would offer would be this: Reduce the availability of resources farmed and make every week the potential to craft big points. Sooner than later, I think the availability of these resources will diminish their weekly ability to overwhelm non crafters.

V/R

I'd like to know why once again we had ZERO communication on several items in patch notes? You guys keep repeating history here with leaving out "Bad News". IF this was not the final version as you stated then you should have posted ALL the details in advance for feedback BEFORE it went live. You didn't... so like much of the response it's PR lip service.

Why did war supplies get wiped out and new ones require crazy list of materials? (Didn't see that coming)

Hearing we are seeing some stealth nerfs to companions and other items - any validity to those reports?

Edited by dscount

wow. just wow. It took you 3 whole days to come back with.....nothing. You don't seem to get how demoralizing this is for everyone! Don't just fix it as we go along! That's not even remotely a good plan! ROLL. IT. BACK! At least until you fix this new conquest and do testing on it AHEAD of time! Seriously. I'm just done.

This!

-eric

Fix these next week and you save my subscription.

As I asked in a previous post, that probably got overlooked since it was edited in:

If it was a bug that these repeatables weren't included, why did you wait 3 days to inform us instead of this nonsense about "give us your feedback" and "we hear your concerns" when those concerns were voiced 3 days ago? You could've saved people a lot of headache had you just told us ON TUESDAY AFTER THE PATCH that it was a bug.

You need to pass this to your superiors: Stop being so cryptic and own up to your mistakes. It'll create a better relationship with your customers/player base.

For the blue and no icon items: is that repeatable/once per week PER LEGACY, or per character?

No icon = once per legacy per week.

Blue icon = Some are once per day per legacy, others are once per day per character.

Edited by Darkaram

I really didn't expect this, so soon. It's good to hear.

But on crafting, I thought there was only 3 crafting repeatable weeks? Was it really that bad? Couldn't you have just lowered the points or increased mat requirement for the tiers we already had? Doesn't this make lowbies(and f2p) not be able to participate in crafting at all, unless they grind their way up to max?

I really didn't expect this, so soon. It's good to hear.

But on crafting, I thought there was only 3 crafting repeatable weeks? Was it really that bad?

Exactly. For conquests without repeat craft objectives (which I believe was most of them), crafting wasn't broken at all.

Eric, you said "crafting was too good". A part of me agrees with that but now "crafting is too bad". Needing the 8 and 9 grade items, lower characters can't craft what is needed for them. I think a better solution if you feel it was awarding too many points, keep it the way it was for crafting and just lower the points awarded so at least lower toons can still do it.

Some lower ones I used to use crafting to help get over the personal hump. So it was helpful for them but it wasn't overly too great since most time it was not repeatable.