ONe time password freaking annoying

There is an official word on this...

We are in process of restocking the European Origin Store with the Physical Security Key, and as soon as I have an exact date I will post it.

For answers around the changes made on the 2nd with regards to Display Name, OTP and Self Service options, please check the following two threads:

Second announcement I recommend reading through as it has 'moar things' explained:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612230

Current thread we want new questions to go into:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618148

Yes and tell GAMESTOP that the price is 4.33 euro and not 19.90!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can remove security key without calling them now, it's one of the reasons why they made this change to security.

When was this, I just had to call them a few days ago when I decided to give the game another shot after giving up on the Sand Demon (Jedi Sentinel Class Boss). I combed through the My SWTOR pages and couldn't find anything for removing it without calling.

When was this, I just had to call them a few days ago when I decided to give the game another shot after giving up on the Sand Demon (Jedi Sentinel Class Boss). I combed through the My SWTOR pages and couldn't find anything for removing it without calling.

2nd April 2013.

Their Security Expert confirmed it when I asked him. Check the dev tracker on this subject, I was directly quoted by him.

According to him, this change was more about adding additional functionality for other features like removing the Security Key without having to call support.

:cool:

You should have asked why anyone would want to hack an account in this game. Are gold (credit) farmers or other seedy elements really that pervasive? Or is this one of the "benefits" of f2p, an influx of spammers and gold sellers?

The One Time Passwords took over thirty minutes to arrive yesterday, by which time it had expired, it died before it arrive, well done EA, nobody can hack my account in the afternoon/evening because nobody at all can get in.

PS. my email account settings are fine, it arrived in the in-box, my origin account is ok, the problem isn't at my end in any way, not saying it's at EA's end but it definately isn't at my end.

Two words: Biodrone Apologist

Made me lol :p

Anyways having more security is all fine and dandy. But forcing it as an inconvenience on others is crossing the line in my opinion. I say that I should be able to dictate the security of MY account, and not have others tell me that they know what is best for me whether it may be true or not.

More security is a good thing. But when the more security has a failing system and it's preventing people to log in then it isn't worth it.

Besides who was the clever one to even make login dependent of 3rd party service? If my email provider is slow I have to go over all the fuss to set up a new email and get it Bioware approved. If my email provider is slow today, or at this hour, I can't log in before they sort things out. It's not that these things happen too much, but imo it's pretty stupid to make login dependent on someone else's service.

Not to mention that SWTOR servers clearly can't handle all the one-time password requests and people are getting expired codes thus they can't even log in. Whole protection should just be run down until it is fixed. Players aren't some people you use for "testing stuff". Do your testing in labs and leave us out from it.

^ While I certainly agree with you, I just want to point out that "lab testing" is very limited. They couldn't possibly test every scenario or combination of things that are causing people problems even in a few years.

But, when problems are found on release, they need to track them down with utmost speed and efficiency to solve.

How is this a "one time" password Bioware? It is seriously annoying. :mad: Will be cancellin my subscription if you don't fix this soon.

Excessive length of time for EACH one-time pass word to arrive - by which time it is out of time and the one time password screen will not accept it.

Obnoxious cut and paste emails from customer dis-service goons.

I only pay a subscription to play the game. If you make it impossible to get onto the game then I ain't going to pay, am I, Bioware?

From the last three days I have a more than a dozen one time password emails sitting in my inbox! Only a handful worked.

All I want to be able to do is to log on, without delay and play the game!

7 attempts this evening before I could get logged on.

Of course, Bioware couldn't even send out emailed passwords promptly so there was a delay after each attempt.

Nearly 40 minutes before I could get logged on.

Care to respond to this complaint with something other than a smug and obnoxious cut and paste answer, Bioware/EA?

7 attempts this evening before I could get logged on.

Of course, Bioware couldn't even send out emailed passwords promptly so there was a delay after each attempt.

Nearly 40 minutes before I could get logged on.

Care to respond to this complaint with something other than a smug and obnoxious cut and paste answer, Bioware/EA?

Seriously, can you just call them and stop posting everywhere on the forums complaining about the same thing? There's a number posted for a reason -- this is something that is happening solely to you at this point in time, and no one on the forums can or will fix anything.

Calling CS is your only option -- AND the best option.

Yes it is annoying to put it lightly. YOU definitely want to enable cookies or w/e the answer is so once your logged in you won't have to do it again. I got in then went to change sw's and had another prompt for a 1-time...was like ***. Time delay on them as well as previously said.

Ugh just ugh...only advice is cookie enable so you trudge through that b.s. just once.

Seriously, can you just call them and stop posting everywhere on the forums complaining about the same thing? There's a number posted for a reason -- this is something that is happening solely to you at this point in time, and no one on the forums can or will fix anything.

Calling CS is your only option -- AND the best option.

He is not the only one this is happening to. I had the same issue this morning. The emails don't send out in time. The time limit on the password runs out. Took me three tries and 15 min (not as long as him but still) to get logged in. Many others are talking about it in game and they say that they have stopped coming to the forums because they simply can't log in. So, that's why you're not hearing this from more players.

Really, this "One Time Password" is just forcing us to use a security key without having a security key and it doesn't work properly. It needs to be fixed.

Edited by Blackavaar

He is not the only one this is happening to. I had the same issue this morning. The emails don't send out in time. The time limit on the password runs out. Took me three tries and 15 min (not as long as him but still) to get logged in. Many others are talking about it in game and they say that they have stopped coming to the forums because they simply can't log in. So, that's why you're not hearing this from more players.

Really, this "One Time Password" is just forcing us to use a security key without having a security key and it doesn't work properly. It needs to be fixed.

It really doesn't matter if 1 person or 30 people or 100 people are having this issue. Posting continuously on 4+ different threads won't solve the problem. Considering we've seen people complaining for months about these issues with no solutions being tossed out by BW.

Basic common sense says to call in to CS for help. Complain enough, and maybe you'll be given a free physical key.

Complain enough, and maybe you'll be given a free physical key.

Umm... isn't that what this thread is doing?

There are 2 avenues open to people to complain/report things to BW/EA, calling in to CS, or posting on the forums. Telling people that on the forums is the wrong place to complain is incorrect. If you were to tell them they picked the wrong section to complain in, that would be correct. ;)

It really doesn't matter if 1 person or 30 people or 100 people are having this issue. Posting continuously on 4+ different threads won't solve the problem. Considering we've seen people complaining for months about these issues with no solutions being tossed out by BW.

Basic common sense says to call in to CS for help. Complain enough, and maybe you'll be given a free physical key.

Apparently you were wrong.

Apologies for the lack of direct replies. Given the number of different threads, I've posted a new thread covering the different issues, and an update can be found at: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626829

• 5 months later...
Is it just me or does it take a very long time for updates when there is patch or fix. I am fairly new at this game but I tried to log on a 4:30 pm and it is still updating at 1 am. Been waiting all day have no play time left have to go to bed. What do they do delete whole game installation then start from scratch because I don't remember it taking that long when I installed it. DemonMoMana

Is it just me or does it take a very long time for updates when there is patch or fix. I am fairly new at this game but I tried to log on a 4:30 pm and it is still updating at 1 am. Been waiting all day have no play time left have to go to bed. What do they do delete whole game installation then start from scratch because I don't remember it taking that long when I installed it. DemonMoMana

It might be you, it takes about ten minutes for an updatefor me, and about fifteen minutes for a fix. If it's taking longer either your computer is broke or your internet is slow (seriously slow), whichever it is I think you need to fix, try rebooting your router first (turn off, wait ten seconds and turn on).

It might be you, it takes about ten minutes for an updatefor me, and about fifteen minutes for a fix. If it's taking longer either your computer is broke or your internet is slow (seriously slow), whichever it is I think you need to fix, try rebooting your router first (turn off, wait ten seconds and turn on).

Customer Support have already said it's something wrong at their end and there is no estimate of when it will be fixed so cut the attitude.

Which would be a good answer if CS hadn't already admitted they have a problem on BioWare's end.

Which would be a good answer if CS hadn't already admitted they have a problem on BioWare's end.

Sorry, I haven't had this problem, hadn't seen any posts about it, and was trying to offer the most useful solution. I wasn't saying it was their fault, just I thought the fault was on their end, and as I said, that was the most obvious solution.