Developers refusing to fix buggs on purpose

bladech

The bug is caused by de-sync which has been a long standing issue in the game and it's a complex fix. Yeah it should have been tackled sooner but they've been investigating and working on it the past few months. Don't expect results soon however.

Iam not sure it is Dsync matter. He talks about phantom stride/holotraverse pushing players in >300 metres ahead instead of teleporting them near the target. More looks like a specific problem on metrics of a certain ability than overall dsync issue. It is hard to understand why is it too hard to fix an ability which pushes players farther without any limits instead of pushing them to their target only. More looks like incompetence and laziness from bw

Despite tonnes of bug reports on holotraverse/trick move killing players by pushing them up in the sky where anti-cheat system kills them. Today died 2 times like that on arena - https://imgur.com/rLF1ove. How many reports we need to write so that you FINALLY FIX IT?

So you think that all it takes is willingness to fix bugs. How about the ability to fix bugs?

The bug is caused by de-sync which has been a long standing issue in the game and it's a complex fix. Yeah it should have been tackled sooner but they've been investigating and working on it the past few months. Don't expect results soon however.

It's not a complex fix at all.

Every time your character jumps, the client/server communicates the positioning of your character. That's why, when watching ranked matches, the people intentionally de-syncing never, ever jump.

If they used that bit of code to instead ping everyone's true location every 100 ms or whatnot, the de-sync would literally never be off by more than 1/10 of a second.

Not perfect, but good enough to fix the problem, even if they never actually fix and understand the actual issue.

Booosh.

This would assume that the developers are so incompetent they cannot fix the glaring flaws in their own game.

one of the issues we have, if I understand all the posts over the years is that the engine was a beta version, not even finished, the original devs, messed with the code, without leaving any information, tags?, etc. So now we have a bastardised version, and to top it all of, there are none of the original devs left. Plus probably other things too. I know they've said in some casts that there are certain things they can't., or won't change because of this.

When they brought in the anti cheat software, it seemed to have caused some issues, chances are they aren't sure how to change it without affecting other stuff.

But I'm not a programmer, I dabbled a bit over 20 years ago, and learned one important thing, even the smallest change can have a huge impact. I could be wrong, but it's how it sounds to me, from everything we seen & heard.

This would assume that the developers are so incompetent they cannot fix the glaring flaws in their own game.

Considering how many MMOs have bugs that exist since launch, it would not be strange to assume they might be unable to fix them.

Generally when they don't fix bugs it comes down to one or more of the following:

1) They can't fix the bug since they cannot trace the exact source

2) They can't fix the bug without it breaking something else

3) The bug fix is so much work that they choose not to fix it because the bug fix itself isn't worth the trouble

4) There is a list of priorities and over time it never reached the priority level it needs to get fixed due to limited resources. This means that it's fixable but not a quick fix and not a major bug.

My assumption, which is a fair one I'd say, is that if it's a simple fix then they'll do it because companies are all about easy fixes because it puts them in a positive light at minimum effort.

So the point is that they would be willing to fix things as long as it's a quick fix that doesn't cause other issues. So the reason for not fixing a bug has to be found in other areas as mentioned above.

Exactly right, that's the reason there is a paid dev team for that.

You mean the same "paid" team which fixed broken vents on mandalore arena only after 5 months since it appeared? Or same paid team which fixed jugg's warmonger for 3 months? And we still have instant death from using phase walk on corellia square, using force leaps on mandalore arena, geting under textures on tatooine canyon and makeb mesa, OP's phantom stride issue which isn't fixed for years. I am starting to thinks that team doesn't get paid

the current devs cant fix anything cause the original developers who purchased the prototype alpha engine and messed with it cause they thought they could do better then the original developers from the hero engine, thats why

I didn't know it was an alpha version, that's even worse than a beta version, no wonder they've had so many issues...lol

But I'm not a programmer, I dabbled a bit over 20 years ago, and learned one important thing, even the smallest change can have a huge impact. I could be wrong, but it's how it sounds to me, from everything we seen & heard.

You're not wrong at all - the job definitely familiarises you with the Law of Unintended Consequences ;)

the current devs cant fix anything cause the original developers who purchased the prototype alpha engine and messed with it cause they thought they could do better then the original developers from the hero engine, thats why

This.

Some bugs will NEVER get fixed. Unless EA for some miracle decides to invest in this game again by implementing a new engine. We know it won't happen but we can always discuss about it and have hope.