Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Naming and renaming characters has become an impossible task.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Naming and renaming characters has become an impossible task.

SteveTheCynic
09.16.2019 , 11:48 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I also like to name characters for obscure in-game references: Thermodraft,
Thermodraft is *probably* against the "locations or NPCs(1) in the game" name policy thing, but I'm not one to talk there. I have a character called Tela, which is (part of) the name of a cave or mine or something in an obscure corner of Voss, except that I named the character before I ever found the location (i.e. she wasn't named *for* the location).

(1) I'm not going to enter into a debate about whether Thermodraft is a location or an NPC, thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

denavin
09.16.2019 , 08:35 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Thermodraft is *probably* against the "locations or NPCs(1) in the game" name policy thing, but I'm not one to talk there. I have a character called Tela, which is (part of) the name of a cave or mine or something in an obscure corner of Voss, except that I named the character before I ever found the location (i.e. she wasn't named *for* the location).

(1) I'm not going to enter into a debate about whether Thermodraft is a location or an NPC, thanks.
Quote:
Naming Policy
You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names
You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic
Yes, Thermodraft is NOT allowed as a name....
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Rolodome
09.16.2019 , 08:47 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
Yes, Thermodraft is NOT allowed as a name....
Technically speaking, by the requirements you quoted, Thermodraft would be fine because it's the name of a machine, not an area. Unless it'd qualify as a character somehow, but that might be a stretch.

Really though, they probably have that rule in place for things like trying to call yourself Tatooine or something. Branded stuff that they want to protect the tone and feel of. If it's obscure enough, I don't think they'd care to do something about it.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.