Operations, Flashpoint Stats...

Would it be possible to add stats to the end of flashpoints and operations? Similar to warzone stats? i think it'd be cool to see how much damage, healing, etc., is done by teammates. If it's too difficult to do as an overall stat for the entire op then how about just for boss fights? Or both, either way would be cool I think. Anyway, just a thought.

Yea that sounds awesome. But on the other hand singling out people when they do bad makes for some resentment, so if this is enabled it will help the hardcore to see where they can do better. I do suggest it be an option to turn on or off to prevent somone getting yelled at for not meeting numbers.

It's no different in warzones, everyone gets to see your stats there. I don't think an ops run should be any different necessarily. Besides, if you aren't that good at dps wouldn't you want to know and then maybe be able to improve after seeing stats? For example, the guild I'm in was running a KP HM the other night, I was the least PVE geared person there, we wiped on Karraga a few times and the issue about DPS came up. Now, I hardly ever do ops because I PVP a lot and feel like I play my sentinel really well however, I would've like to known for a fact if my dps was the issue. If it was, then I need to run more PVE stuff to get better gear for ops or maybe tweak my spec a little.

Besides, wouldn't you like to know if someone in your op wasn't being as efficient as they could be. Especially if you were able to help them be a better player? I would. Just sayin'...

wont happen. there is a reason parsers are NOT used to see others output. this is no different. cant tell you how many players like yourselves i have run into on raids where they are only interested in their own stats and not in team work and killing the boss. this is a very pvp play style mentality which doesnt work well in pve.

if you want to be the highest dps or heal to brag in channel then go back to pvp where even when you lose you win.

wont happen. there is a reason parsers are NOT used to see others output. this is no different. cant tell you how many players like yourselves i have run into on raids where they are only interested in their own stats and not in team work and killing the boss. this is a very pvp play style mentality which doesnt work well in pve.

if you want to be the highest dps or heal to brag in channel then go back to pvp where even when you lose you win.

WHAT? Its not about bragging in an op with the guild I'm in. Its about metrics, seeing how I stack up and what I can do to improve. You assume because I'm interested in stats that I'm not into team work and that is the wrong assumption. We get to see PVP stats so why should high end PVE or flashpoints be any different? The amount of dps, healing, protection that is done is just as important in PVE as it is in PVP. I'm a very team oriented player, even when in warzones I care more about the outcome than my own dps so don't presume to know how I play because you feel like all pvp'ers are selfish.

I'd like the option to see just MY stats right after a flashpoint or operation ends similar to the warzone stats. I can decide then if I want to share that information or not.

Even this idea would be a reasonable compromise.

WHAT? Its not about bragging in an op with the guild I'm in. Its about metrics, seeing how I stack up and what I can do to improve. You assume because I'm interested in stats that I'm not into team work and that is the wrong assumption. We get to see PVP stats so why should high end PVE or flashpoints be any different? The amount of dps, healing, protection that is done is just as important in PVE as it is in PVP. I'm a very team oriented player, even when in warzones I care more about the outcome than my own dps so don't presume to know how I play because you feel like all pvp'ers are selfish.

If your running with a premade they have parsers that will tell you the raids total damage done, taken, heals, ect. works great. Requires everyone to be running the parser though. But as someone already stated they had a very good reason for not making it possible to see other players stats like you can in PvP. since PvE is not nearly as competitive and more team/mechanic oriented they wanted players to focus on that not on who can push the most damage.

they wanted players to focus on that not on who can push the most damage.

Sorry, but your post reads as if you think I'm saying it's all about competition. I don't want to download a parser and use it besides, wouldn't that constitute use of 3rd party software which is not allowed as part of the terms and conditions? Second, when you have an op boss on like a 6 minute enrage timer it IS about damage. I don't think you can say they gave it to PVP and not PVE definitively simply because pve isn't a competition. Unless you can show me somewhere that devs posted why pve content doesn't report stats in game.

Sorry, but your post reads as if you think I'm saying it's all about competition. I don't want to download a parser and use it besides, wouldn't that constitute use of 3rd party software which is not allowed as part of the terms and conditions? Second, when you have an op boss on like a 6 minute enrage timer it IS about damage. I don't think you can say they gave it to PVP and not PVE definitively simply because pve isn't a competition. Unless you can show me somewhere that devs posted why pve content doesn't report stats in game.

Parsers do not violate the TOS. If that was the case they would instantly delete all topics linking to parsing websites. In fact im pretty sure the whole reason they added combat logging was so that people could make parsers.

If you are really struggling with enrage your raid should be using a parser. I dont get why thats such a big deal to you. Yes it would be convenient to have it ingame but I highly doubt its going to happen. Im sure if you go back through the 1.2 dev logs you can find discussions about why they did combat logging the way they did. Im almost 100% positive that I read that somewhere that they didnt want people to get that "epeen" syndrome (my words not theirs)

Maybe you don't think it's about competition, but I bet if you start running a parser you will find yourself competing from time to time.

I primarily heal raids, so I only have one person to compete against (8-man). When I'm paired with a non-Sage, it's easy to get top numbers because of Salvation. No competitive attitude involved, it just happens. But when it's two Sages... I won't sacrifice effectiveness, but I definitely notice myself starting to compete from time to time rather than being completely conservative in my healing.

It happens, humans like to compete. On the one hand competition drives us to be better, on the other hand maybe your role in a fight just won't pull numbers as high, and trying to match someone else's will drive unnecessary sacrifices. A scoreboard at the end only increases that likelihood.

Parsers do not violate the TOS. If that was the case they would instantly delete all topics linking to parsing websites. In fact im pretty sure the whole reason they added combat logging was so that people could make parsers.

If you are really struggling with enrage your raid should be using a parser. I dont get why thats such a big deal to you. Yes it would be convenient to have it ingame but I highly doubt its going to happen. Im sure if you go back through the 1.2 dev logs you can find discussions about why they did combat logging the way they did. Im almost 100% positive that I read that somewhere that they didnt want people to get that "epeen" syndrome (my words not theirs)

It's not a big deal, I just don't think it would be a bad thing if stats were added to ops and flashpoints, even if they only showed yours individually. Could I use a parser? Yes, but my thought was since they can do it for pvp, what would it look like if they did it for pve. I honestly don't think it's as big a deal as others do and I'm certainly not going to unsub if they didn't implement something like it. It was simply a thought.