Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Don't tell me or other MDN people what we want. Many of us are willing to sacrifice non-existent world pvp for ping.

Ahh always on the offensive when someone's view is different , I'm not saying what YOU want, but I let other peoples attitude speak for themselves. I (that's me) do think from what I read recently on whirlpool that merging a PVP server with a PVP server isn't a silly idea but hey each to their own. please respect that, I respect your view.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in a ridiculously roundabout way you've managed to ask for a server merge. Grats.

Only, you know, without all the problems servre merges would cause, such as losing out on at least two realm types, people losing their character and legacy names and the potential of queue times before people can log on if the new merged server ends up with too many people.

Ahh always on the offensive when someone's view is different , I'm not saying what YOU want, but I let other peoples attitude speak for themselves. I (that's me) do think from what I read recently on whirlpool that merging a PVP server with a PVP server isn't a silly idea but hey each to their own. please respect that, I respect your view.

Hey Owen, are you on Master Dar'Nala?

If yes - Then I respect your opinion.

If no - I would point to the vast majority of Master Dar'Nala players that have explicitly expressed a desire to merge into a PvE server to preserve the local Ping. I know in reading through all these forums it's only the very select few on Master D (actually none that I can recall right now, but I'm sure there's a few) that want to stay on a PvP server.

Either way, that's why we've called for the secondary implantation of transfers (after a server merge), so that these players can get off APAC and over to Bastion if that's what they really want.

I'm going to put in a final yet likely redundant plea, please leave Gav Daragon alone!

A lot of us are more than happy here, let those who don't like it move and leave the rest of us in peace.

There were 36 x 50s on Gav and showing Standard.

There were 82 x 50s on MDN and showing light.

On gav there was 100+ 1-20s and yet ord mantell had 22 people on it...... MDN had the same and showed light.

Bioware isn't going to let you have your little server to yourselves. There was only about 120 people in the 20-49 bracket. Republic side on Gav. the same as MDN and yet it showed Light.

No where near fine. We merge or APAC dies.

Bioware isn't going to let you have your little server to yourselves.......

Are you sure? If this thread proves anything it's that Bioware are perfectly happy to let a server carry on with a minimal population. They have been reluctant to act when that population has been crying out for change; why should they be any less inactive if that population is content? GD won't die if Dalborra and MDN merge. Do that Bioware, and do it quickly please. But kindly leave us be. Remember that many players who choose to play on RP servers do so to avoid certain anti-social aspects of the community that they perceive to be more prevalent on standard PVE and PVP servers. Please don't deny current and future APAC players that choice.

Edited by craic_fox

Are you sure? If this thread proves anything it's that Bioware are perfectly happy to let a server carry on with a minimal population. They have been reluctant to act when that population has been crying out for change; why should they be any less inactive if that population is content? GD won't die if Dalborra and MDN merge. Do that Bioware, and do it quickly please. But kindly leave us be. Remember that many players who choose to play on RP servers do so to avoid certain anti-social aspects of the community that they perceive to be more prevalent on standard PVE and PVP servers. Please don't deny current and future APAC players that choice.

It would be interesting to see statistically how many people feel the same way compared to those who are in favor of a merge. If gav dag were to be left out, transfers would have to be offered to join the newly merged APAC server or one of the US RP servers to be fair to those not happy with the population. I believe that would significantly impact the already dwindling population so much so that it would not be worth keeping the server open, or if it were, it would not be enjoyable for those left on it.

So if the only options were to either merge with the APAC server or merge with a US RP server, what would be your preference gav dag players?

As has been said many times - not everyone is going to be happy with the outcome but i believe it's evident from this thread that the vast majority want this merge to happen and would enjoy playing in a high population environment despite the sacrifices (loss of open world pvp and rp rules, name changes... can't think of any others). The rest just have to make the best of it and choose the least crappy option

Edited by laz_AU

Just one comment, asking for cross server stuff is pointless.

SWTOR's solution to make group content easier to do was Mega Servers.

They aren't going to develop a whole new system for APAC.

They really need to put it to a vote, merger or transfers.

What they should work on is some kind of network tunnel that would improve the ping of other APAC players outside of Aus and NZ. If they had better regional connectivity there might never have been a pop problem.

Start Fri Nov 30 12:00:00 2012

What high latency. I played it last night at 30ms. I didnt get any high latency to MDN

A lot of people from Singapore have stopped playing because of the high latency and they can't do ranked warzones

We are talking about since the launch of APAC servers. I'm in Japan and I also get much better ping to the US West Coast servers. Been playing regularly since launch, it's never been good.

Yeah I know it use to be like 100-200ms but this is likely why it is now 400ms for some, yeah it is higher then the 30ms i get and that is just due to the location.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Looks like we got trolled guys..... GG EAWARE.... GG

Well there has been a huge response to the post by Joveth. Falling on deaf ears I think though.

There really was nothing to ask, enough conversing went on in this thread over the past half year.

A follow up WITH a solution is required.

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

Well it's been over a week and nearly 40 pages of replies and it is clear what is the most popular option. So how about an update on a decision?

Well it's been over a week and nearly 40 pages of replies and it is clear what is the most popular option. So how about an update on a decision?

^^^ Need a reply from BW, this thread is already starting to die off again, come on BW do something! Get me off Master Dar'Nala!!!

^^^ Need a reply from BW, this thread is already starting to die off again, come on BW do something! Get me off Master Dar'Nala!!!

Exactly, they say it is an important issue. They asked for our ideas (in a thread already full of ideas), we responded. It time for them to prove that it is an important issue for them, with actions not words.

I think for the benefit of all they should either merge all 3 APAC servers into one, OR give free transfers to servers of choice. But not both options.

I strongly disagree. I think they should definitely give choice. Legacy functionality being what it is, it's important to play on a single server to reap the benefits.

It's only been a week. As much as I'm hanging out to hear their verdict, important business decisions like this one don't happen in a week after requesting feedback.

I'm sure it won't be much longer if we're all patient.

I would merge all three into a super APAC server (Dalborra PVE) and THEN change the maintenance schedule for that to fit APAC time (even if there is a slight delay in getting updates vs other servers. Maintenance is becoming more frequent because of the Cartel Market stuff, and I'm tired of the unexpected downtime.

Also, I would give the PVP and RP server residents the one time option of transferring to one other PVP or RP server, but only AFTER the super server has been running for a month.