Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Subscriber Issues especially with Galactic Starfighter; Need Cross Server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
PVP Subscriber Issues especially with Galactic Starfighter; Need Cross Server

MrsMolle
05.13.2014 , 12:11 AM | #1
I have been perplexed since returning to the game about why bolster in PVP isn't doing more: Damage on one team can still add up quickly to 3 x times the other team.

It took me a month to complete 1 weekly Starfighter mission. The queues were taking HOURS to pop.

Today, I posed some questions to an "ace pilot" with double digit skills and a large collection of ships. He mentioned that AFTERNOON queues are quick, but later nights it takes 2 hours.

Then, I noticed something else interesting. Our pvp server has many more times Empire vs. Republic, and I believe after seeing enough Starfighter games, they are MOSTLY F2P! (you can tell by the fact the F2P pilots only have 2 ships). This throws the balance away from the subscribers in PVP who are generally speaking the working adults of the community. It's mostly a time and timing issue, and I love kids and the reflex challenges they offer. By the way, if you upgrade a basic ship as far as I can tell, it can outclass any fancy paid for one; it's purely cosmetic.

BUT we need a bit of balance! Arenas and/or GSF need to have their OWN virtual cross world server.

I'd love to see an experimental subscriber cross world server to start with. Offer a Beta test to subbies? Many other MMOs can figure out how to link servers together. Starting with arenas/GSF and a smaller population could be a good beginning step.

Anyone want to wager a guess to why PVP servers went heavier on Imps? Yep, imps are more wicked want to ruin your day types MAYBE, but the younger generation of animated Star Wars fans find the imperial story cooler.

Go go Bioware! This is your cash cow in the new age

Styxx
05.13.2014 , 04:59 AM | #2
SO, if I use only the starter ships and refuse to buy more from the CM, or just starting, am I a F2P?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

MrsMolle
05.13.2014 , 06:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
SO, if I use only the starter ships and refuse to buy more from the CM, or just starting, am I a F2P?
Subscribers got an extra starter ship 3 ships vs. 2. Unless it was a veterans reward? What exactly subscribers get vs. F2P is not laid out very clearly.

It's irrelevant to wanting a cross server log-in for subscribers to test, and if it's great, then they can add it to general population.

Styxx
05.13.2014 , 06:50 AM | #4
Yes, but I can use only one ship at a time, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Drudenfusz
05.13.2014 , 08:04 AM | #5
The advantage of F2P is normally that the subscibers in a game get more people basically as content for PvP (and similar stuff, like GSF in this case), but BioWare did set it up in a way that that advantage is not really working out. They said that the will remove at one point the 5 games restriction for F2P members, but doesn't have done so yet. That could help, but yes, crouse server for warzones and GSF would also be appreciated.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version