Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

Kinsal
11.13.2019 , 08:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
You just complained that sniper is too mobile for a turret ranged class and yet suggested 4 changes that have nothing to do with its mobility.

ROFL and hence the issue with going to the community for balance suggestions.

Jinre_the_Jedi
11.13.2019 , 08:23 AM | #12
Snipers are very strong, one of the strongest ranged classes atm, but I don't think they need to be nerfed. When you account for all other classes competing against each other, and a tank/heals/dps scenario, they are balanced.

JediMasterAlex
11.13.2019 , 08:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Snipers are very strong, one of the strongest ranged classes atm, but I don't think they need to be nerfed. When you account for all other classes competing against each other, and a tank/heals/dps scenario, they are balanced.
Agreed. I think they're in about the same position they were in in 5.x. Very good in the right hands, global bait in the wrong hands, not overpowered.

septru
11.13.2019 , 08:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinsal View Post
ROFL and hence the issue with going to the community for balance suggestions.
Nah. You have to go to the community for balance caus Bioware is even dumber. It's just that some community members have more valid points than others....

I mean if you're gonna call for nerfs than call them for the the **** that actually needs to be nerfed. Countermeasures speed. Entrench root immunity and speed. Phasewalk.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Jinre_the_Jedi
11.13.2019 , 08:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Edit: I see the podcast you're referring to. Two of the players are mediocre and the other two are an op and a sin main. Not exactly a reliable resource by any stretch.
Ouch. But if I remember correctly, I think my response to "top 3" was that Sniper was strong but will never be FOTM because it's one of those classes that can have the best kit in the world, but it requires too high of a skill floor for the average player to just pick it up and roll it as FOTM, unlike some other classes like Sin atm.

So in that sense, whoever said the 4 of us agreed on sniper being FOTM misquoted me slightly or at least took it out of context.

UltraFlashStar
11.13.2019 , 09:08 AM | #16
Nah. You have to go to the community for balance caus Bioware is even dumber. It's just that some community members have more valid points than others....

I mean if you're gonna call for nerfs than call them for the the **** that actually needs to be nerfed. Countermeasures speed. Entrench root immunity and speed. Phasewalk.
I think he meant that the community cant agree on nerfs which makes it harder for BioWare to act on them. Some thing that Deception is fine, while others say they aren’t. They also have to account if it’s just a whiner or an actual complaint.
Coppes Spacer
“Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.”

septru
11.13.2019 , 09:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Edit: I see the podcast you're referring to. Two of the players are mediocre and the other two are an op and a sin main. Not exactly a reliable resource by any stretch.

Hahahaha. Stain calling players mediocre. Lol
-Prum, Satele Shan

JediMasterAlex
11.13.2019 , 09:18 AM | #18
Hahahaha. Stain calling players mediocre. Lol
Bruh, I am not Stain lmao. In fact, I frequently call out Stain on these very forums for defending wintraders such as yourself.

septru
11.13.2019 , 09:24 AM | #19
Care to put an ingame name to the forum name?
-Prum, Satele Shan

JediMasterAlex
11.13.2019 , 09:31 AM | #20
Care to put an ingame name to the forum name?
There are others on here that know who I am. I don't really care, but I prefer not to advertise it simply because it's an unnecessary distraction from most forum discussions. If I told you, all you would say, regardless of what your previous opinion of me would have been, is "LOL you're bad too." Not sure that adds much (and yes, there is some irony here given I did something similar a few posts back lol).