Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness Assassin guide - Kre’a, anyone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Darkness Assassin guide - Kre’a, anyone?

TrixxieTriss
11.14.2019 , 06:49 PM | #1
I’ve never played darkness and have zero idea how to play it, what the rotations are or any of that other stuff. I’ll probably want to play it as part dps/tank. I don’t have the inclination to play it as a pure tank

I’m wondering if Kre’a or someone else is thinking of doing a darkness guide like the other ones for deception and hatred.

The only reason I’m actually asking is the stupid game only keeps dropping darkness set bonus stuff for me. I’ve got 2 sets that are just sitting there and deconstructing gives 4 tech frags So I thought I’d try and get some use out of them.

Any help would be appreciated

KumbayaGOD
11.14.2019 , 09:56 PM | #2
https://vulkk.com/2019/03/30/swtor-a...arkness-guide/

maybe not the best for pvp but at least give you a start
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

allexj
11.14.2019 , 10:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ve never played darkness and have zero idea how to play it, what the rotations are or any of that other stuff. I’ll probably want to play it as part dps/tank. I don’t have the inclination to play it as a pure tank

I’m wondering if Kre’a or someone else is thinking of doing a darkness guide like the other ones for deception and hatred.

The only reason I’m actually asking is the stupid game only keeps dropping darkness set bonus stuff for me. I’ve got 2 sets that are just sitting there and deconstructing gives 4 tech frags So I thought I’d try and get some use out of them.

Any help would be appreciated
For PvP Dark Knell, Resistive Armoring, and rest dps mods and enhancements.
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 08:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
For PvP Dark Knell, Resistive Armoring, and rest dps mods and enhancements.
Death Knell for darkness??

TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 08:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
https://vulkk.com/2019/03/30/swtor-a...arkness-guide/

maybe not the best for pvp but at least give you a start
Thanks, I’ll give it a look.

Edit : I was really hoping for a 6.x guide. It seems Vullk has gone afk with swtor. And now Dulfy is gone, where does one find guides these days?

Eastiano
11.16.2019 , 07:05 AM | #6
Pretty sure I read or heard Krea gonna do darkness guide soon. But as a spec, it’s fun to play. I like to play it kinda like operative healer in the way it’s a more pro-active choice of the 3 tank specs as is op for healers, just in my (probably incorrect) opinion anyway.

allexj
11.16.2019 , 08:35 AM | #7
Death Knell for darkness??
Yes Darth Knell, You dont use tank stats in PvP at all. You Go completely offensively while maintaining the base amount of shield/absorb and defensive rating. The goal of the spec is to get as much health as possible, and then stack power crit, and get to tier 1 alacrity. As it currently stands tanks don't do enough DPS to kill anything before dying themselves. All the control in the world won't help you cap a node and in ranked it's even worse apparently per Kr'eas assessment.

TrixxieTriss
11.16.2019 , 07:06 PM | #8
Yes Darth Knell, You dont use tank stats in PvP at all. You Go completely offensively while maintaining the base amount of shield/absorb and defensive rating. The goal of the spec is to get as much health as possible, and then stack power crit, and get to tier 1 alacrity. As it currently stands tanks don't do enough DPS to kill anything before dying themselves. All the control in the world won't help you cap a node and in ranked it's even worse apparently per Kr'eas assessment.
Isn’t the set bonus only usable on deception?

I do understand the dps stats on the tank for pvp, but why wouldn’t you use one of the generic set bonuses out there and maybe some of the amp set?

allexj
11.17.2019 , 08:17 AM | #9
Isn’t the set bonus only usable on deception?

I do understand the dps stats on the tank for pvp, but why wouldn’t you use one of the generic set bonuses out there and maybe some of the amp set?
Nope Darth knell just requires you to pop force potency. And reduce it cd. Which on a tank is both a offensive and deffenive cd

The only other set that might work is Amplified Champ set with nothing but armor piercing amps

TrixxieTriss
11.17.2019 , 08:34 AM | #10
Nope Darth knell just requires you to pop force potency. And reduce it cd. Which on a tank is both a offensive and deffenive cd

The only other set that might work is Amplified Champ set with nothing but armor piercing amps
Ok, thanks