Suggestions for Huttball

BloodStain

Hate it. Needs working on:

Cut down the length of the actual warzone. Sitting through a game of huttball, and you're losing is by far one of the worst things in this game. You have no healers, your team doesn't know how to pass and the enemy team just keeps going and going.

Yes, I know games end once a team has reached 6 points, but if you're team has the slightest bit of defence, this can take up the whole bloody game. AND IT'S BORED.

And..

Add a dedicated pass button. This isn't hard to do, just shove a button above your normal skill bar labed "THROW BALL" and shove the normal icon ontop of it. This ensures people know HOW TO THROW THE DAMN BALL.

Just my 2 pence on suggestions for my least favourite warzone :).

I've found Huttball turning more and more into a standard death match. Most people forget the ball even exists. Also having a shorter match or some sort of way for the losing team to get an advantage, maybe something like Uncharted 3's is you know what I'm talking about, and it could be a lot better.

I've found Huttball turning more and more into a standard death match. Most people forget the ball even exists. Also having a shorter match or some sort of way for the losing team to get an advantage, maybe something like Uncharted 3's is you know what I'm talking about, and it could be a lot better.

The game isn't even released yet and you want to have it casualized. Please consider not subscribing after early acces is over.

Length is ok. People having no slightest clue are not. And they can't be fixed.

This.

And it also could be said about the other two warzones. I'm surprised at how many people have absolutely zero clue, what to do in warzones. After 2nd try people should know very well what to do in them but most of them don't and i just can't understand this phenomenon.

When you try to explain usually i get "shut up and let us just play".

Well this may be because i\m on a PVE server but that doesn't mean people should stop using brain when going for warzones...

Anyway, Huttball would be nice with the OP's suggestions implemented. Too many people have no clue that they even can pass a ball so there should be a big icon in the middle of the screen for them.

Huttball is without question my favorite warzone. Sure you get idiots on your team, but queue with friends and watch the game change Pro-tip Teamwork is key. If you don't have friends to queue with....... you have problems much larger than whether or not Huttball is to long or not.

Personally I don't mind it too much, as long as players play as a team and back up the ball carriers. What I'd like to see are some incentives for those scoring, I could be wrong, but It seems there are medals for defender points, but none for taking objectives?(this applies to all game modes), this promotes just letting the enemy players just grabbing the ball and the team jumping on him for the defender kills.

I think some new medals would help add incentives. Examples could be:

1. Scoring

2. Reward those who support the Ball carrier eg. tank guarding, or healer healing etc.

3. Rewarding those who pass the ball around might encourage those who'd rather hog the ball and try just one man army the thing(Maybe a pass that results in a score?)

Ill update this post if I think of any better ideas :D

Edited by Aurorai

I love huttball so far, I do have to say I agree that a specific button should appear in the middle of your screen above your action bars... Making it large and glowing would help some people I guess... I just hate it being a waste of a keybind on my side bar, I can live with it but I do totally agree that it would help newcomer's get a better sense of how to play. One more thing I would like to point out ...

That being if you have found yourself knocked off towards the middle or into your trench area while trying to defend...You can no longer contribute defensively with most classes...( Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights have force charge but if you're on the bottom as a Bounty Hunter or Agent or any Republic ranged class you don't have any instant closing distance abilities.) You can't get back up and past the fire traps fast enough to actually make a defensive difference. I find myself jumping into the fire trap and dying to get a free spawn ( Hopefully in time to get to your goal line and use a knock back to throw the enemy ball carrier back down into your trench. )

Call it an exploit but hey it does work and I'm not the only one doing it.

If anyone else agree's to this lets throw some idea's around... mine being some form of transportation such as an air lift or teleporter that's inside each trench area that only the DEFENDING team can use. This would allow players to get back to their goal line instead of doing 1 of 3 things... those being.

1. Killing themselves to get a free spawn and use a knockback to save the day.

2. Standing in one place raging helplessly...

3. Being as smart as you can and getting to the middle for an immediate counter cap.

I understand this would become a problem with a huge amount of defenders coming back and using it - making it seem impossible to score...well my friends that is why you put a 20-30 second cooldown on that lift or something. This way your team ( If moderately intellegent ) would let classes with solid knockback/stun abilities use that lift first.

I think this would encourage better passing in the endzone to score and prove for better teamwork on both sides... possibly a more exciting experience in general... anyone agree? Or shall I brace for haters?

I love huttball.

I think it is original and really a lot of fun. Most fun warzone for me, because it does not resemble any other warzone/bg I ever played. I have a blast stunning people in the fire trap, knocking them of stairs, etc. And yeah, often they use it against me too after which I bang my head on the table and think: "damn, smart move" or something like that....

I love that you need to work together to be successfull. Throw ball to each other when someone is free and in better scoring position, have a tank team up with a healer protected by a dps with the ball, etc. Tactics and teamwork are important here. Team with best teamwork and tactics will win. Mindless dpsing will not win you this game. In my opinion it is a brilliant warzone and I would love to have more like that.

Sure, since the game is just released, a lot of people don't understand it. Hell, my first huttball was a disaster too. I did not have a clue what to do. And yes, often you have pugs now that really don't understand it and that can be a little frustrating. But that will improve when people play it more often and read about it. But even when we loose, I still have fun playing it.

I agree with previous posters that it should be more obvious how you pass the ball. If you don't happen to have a free spot on your bar when you first enter huttball, the abillity just ends up in the general spell tab of your abillities. So it is not strange that some newbies don't know how to pass the ball.

I also like the mixed parties. It makes the teams more balanced in my opinion and more unlikely that 1 side will win all the time.

Add a dedicated pass button. This isn't hard to do, just shove a button above your normal skill bar labed "THROW BALL" and shove the normal icon ontop of it. This ensures people know HOW TO THROW THE DAMN BALL.

Just my 2 pence on suggestions for my least favourite warzone :).

Best idea I've seen for improving Huttball. Also, I love Huttball =p

Personally i think huttball is good clean killin fun. it also allows for quicker PVP Qs by playing against your own faction instead of having to wait for a republic team to form(which on my server doesn't happen to often), which is brilliant. however there are still some problems.

- it is by far the most frequent warzone to proc on my sever (and many other peoples from the sounds of things). win some, lose some, either way i find it becoming more and more tedious to play this 8 out of 10 warzones. new faction on faction warzones need to be created to keep things from getting to stagnant.

- i read a post or two on how people who actually try to get objectives, do not get rewarded, and i tend to agree. i will get twice as much reward by spamming AOE dps (kill hunting or in defense) all game racking up kills and commendations. it almost make losing worth while. compared to working your butt off, and scoring a few times and getting one medal for 'objectives'. same thing also happens whenever i heal. TONS OF WORK, FOR LESS REWARD. create new commendations; 'ball capper', 'life saver' maybe for healing someone with less than 3% health or something, 'ninja' capping nodes in other BGs is also something that doesnt give you to much. trying to make everything just a beneficial to do would encourage people to try for objectives more.

- lastly(and more of a general pvp issue), i think bolstering is a great idea. once again allows for quicker Qs. The only thing i found disappointing is that as i was leveling, nothing really changed for me in pvp. being higher lvl with better armor doesn't seem to keep me alive longer. having better weapons doesn't seem to kill people faster (i actually used to get more 2.5k damage hit commendations at lower levels). in ways it makes it seem pointless to level for pvp since the only thing that will really make any difference are the abilities i'll gain and better looking armor. in a group pvp setting, extra abilities aren't as effective as they would be in a 1v1 where a lvl 10 would obviously get destroyed vs a 50.

i am enjoying the game over all though.

- i read a post or two on how people who actually try to get objectives, do not get rewarded, and i tend to agree. i will get twice as much reward by spamming AOE dps (kill hunting or in defense) all game racking up kills and commendations. it almost make losing worth while. compared to working your butt off, and scoring a few times and getting one medal for 'objectives'.

You don't actually get any objective score for carrying or scoring :D, I tested it in a match I scored 3/6 goals, 2 of which i carried the ball from middle to endzone and I got 0 Objective score at the end of the game would ya believe? objective score from what I can gather only comes from damaging or killing the ball carrier

Edited by Aurorai

Well how about they got a clue and added some time before you get kicked out of the game for idling at the start. I basically died, went to "start", shield/door was up, i got booted out of the map because i was idling before it went down again? what the **** is this ****?

Huttball is 13 minutes of pure carnage. Forget the ball, you'll be racking up MVP medals by getting the most medals and having lowlifes vote for you.

This is sad but true, you get more out of being an idiot in this warzone than winning it.

Just now I queued with my friends, personally scored twice, assisted 3/4 of the other goals, made & received passes which led to scoring and got ONE medal (for protection).

On the other hand this morning I queued solo and got put into a losing match with idiots who ran the ball to their own side... farmed kills and finished with 7 medals.