We have a problem!! massive conflicting in lore!!!

kurzis

the assassin class is based off Darth Maul from episode 1.

key points

double bladed lightsaber

the regenerate buff has the exact same animation as maul in his fight with qui-gon

but darth maul was a marauder not an assassin, this is according to "The Jedi Path: A Manual for students of the force"

theres a annotation made by Anakin regarding double bladed lightsabers that indicates maul is a marauder not an assassin.

unless, there was a time Anakin had a difficult battle against a marauder with a double bladed lightsaber im not aware of how is this conflict in lore explained?

Not to mention in the actual lore there are no clear cut "classes" =P

I'm sure that there have been quite a few "marauders" that dual wielded lightsabers while also having some mastery of force lightning, and similar combinations.

Lightsaber types are a preferance. Maul obviously preferred the saberstaff and was very skilled with it. Darth Zannah, who was a sorceror more than anything, also used a saberstaff because she could defend herself better in up close fights than with a single blade. Bastila and Satele Shan both use staffs. Bastila was not a Shadow or a Marauder yet used one. Satele was not a Shadow and I doubt she was considered a Sentinel though I could be wrong.

To sum up...nothing conflicting with the lore here. Saber type is more of a preferance. I'd prefer my Shadow be able to dual wield but she HAS to use a saberstaff because BW said so. But in Lore there is no such restriction.

Even if we assumed class names were relevant to lore we are also talking about a three thousand year gap in time between then and current game time. It is entirely possible that over three thousand years that some of the "class names" may have changed.