Lost Island HM should have better loot.

not calling for a nerf on the flashpoint, its fine other than the loot in my opinion.

My guild and i finally got through lost island up to the last boss before calling it due to time. and we all realized after downing the first 2 bosses (sentinal droid and the Sav-rak) that the loot in that flashpoint is kinda pointless because we are all already full columi with rakata implants and ear as usual and we didnt benefit from any of the boss fights except for the satisfaction of beating them. yes, i know Lorrick drops the columi mainhand and the rakata chest, but that is still barely an upgrade.

my point: Since Lost island HM is easily the hardest flashpoint out there at this time, it should have better drops than just tionese crystals/comms and the more common of the columi drops (pants, boots). I loved doing this flashpoint, it was alot of fun for my team, but we felt the drops were under par due to the fact the majortiy of everyone that does this FP is in full columi if not better.

Great job BioWare on making a challenging and fun Flashpoint, but could use some better loot.

Thanks for reading, just speakin my thoughts.

Edited by Rerkk

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the only reason you would do it is for the rackgoul conflicts weekly to get black hole commendations.

Other bosses maybe should drop rakata.

The flashpoint is only really challenging the first or second time you do it. Once you get the mechanics down it's really simple.

Edited by Fracta

I personally think that Columi/Rakata gear should be ops-exclusive. Columi is too easily obtained from Hard Mode flashpoints, making Story Mode operations practically useless. If anything, they should take out the Columi loot from all the other HM flashpoints and leave Lost Island the way it is. This would give some value back to the now useless Tionese gear and would give people a reason to do story mode operations (besides for weekly Black Hole Commendations) rather than farming HM flashpoints for Columi and going straight for the HM operations.

^^^^

The non-lockout of HM LI means you could farm it for super loot over and over in a single day and get everything you need.

It would basically eliminate HM EV and HM KP.

No real need to change the loot table. And unless you have HM Ops on farm, the Rakata chest and Columi mainhand is usually a decent upgrade.

Edited by JeffKretz

To be honest mate once you have done it a few times you will literally blitz the fp in 30 mins so doesnt deserve higher loot drop then when you do gear up to bh and campaign you will look back and not care about the loot in it anyway

enjoy it being hard while it lasts :)

No, it should not drop more loot. If that were possible, you can run it every day and get most of your rakata.

Since Rakata is almost pointless with BH -> Columi/Tionese mods swap and about 50 BH comms a week...

I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters. I've done it with my heal merc (almost full WH with highest primary stat BM implants + half augmented pieces + reflex stim), and with more than decent stats I had a really hard time keeping a 24k hp PT tank, a 24k hp sniper and a 18k hp sorc alive, so all of us had better than required gear if a Columi/Rakata combo isn't.

In fact, all of the PvE encounters drop lesser quality items than what they should and it's been partially upgraded already, with some high level story mode FPs looting Tionese, as they should have from start instead of crappy ilvl 50-51 blue modded orange shells.

I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters. I've done it with my heal merc (almost full WH with highest primary stat BM implants + half augmented pieces + reflex stim), and with more than decent stats I had a really hard time keeping a 24k hp PT tank, a 24k hp sniper and a 18k hp sorc alive, so all of us had better than required gear if a Columi/Rakata combo isn't.

A 24k sniper you say?

Tell him to put down the whacky baccy and step away from the high endurance mods.

A dps maxed out on high dps stat/low end modifications should barely have more than 20k in bh/camp gear.

A 24k sniper you say?

Tell him to put down the whacky baccy and step away from the high endurance mods.

A dps maxed out on high dps stat/low end modifications should barely have more than 20k in bh/camp gear.

Trust me, he's not full of high endurance stuff and he regularly does HM ops. It was a surprise for me too, but after seeing a lvl 49 sniper with 18500hp while wearing maxed primary stat stuff (and the wrong augments) I think it's not gimped at all. (edit : and btw, I now have a little more than 20k hp mostly in augmented WH with 4 secondary augmented BH pieces, Campaign will increase this at a rate of 150hp a moddable piece at least, discounting mods/enhancements only available in a certain high endurance balance - A has higher endurance than blank -, if not simply more efficient)

What is, though, is the merc's "passive heal" ability, compared to the other healers, which means we have to rely on single target cast heal (16-25% of our resource, the latter being reduced after the former has been used, but the former is on a 6s cd) alot.

Edited by JMCH

Trust me, he's not full of high endurance stuff and he regularly does HM ops. It was a surprise for me too, but after seeing a lvl 49 sniper with 18500hp while wearing maxed primary stat stuff (and the wrong augments) I think it's not gimped at all. (edit : and btw, I now have a little more than 20k hp mostly in augmented WH with 4 secondary augmented BH pieces, Campaign will increase this at a rate of 150hp a moddable piece at least, discounting mods/enhancements only available in a certain high endurance balance - A has higher endurance than blank -, if not simply more efficient)

What is, though, is the merc's "passive heal" ability, compared to the other healers, which means we have to rely on single target cast heal (16-25% of our resource, the latter being reduced after the former has been used, but the former is on a 6s cd) alot.

A 24k Sniper has done a terrible job of min/maxing and is geared incorrectly for their role. (DPS) They are losing out on a TON of DPS by stacking so much endurance.

I parsed an operation healing with a Sorc. healer with 24K health, my Sorc having closer to 20k and min/maxed to the moon, and I out healed them by a solid 20% over the course of the run.

With very few exceptions, Campaign gear is NOT an upgrade to BH gear. If you pick-choose the mods/enhan from each BH piece and use only what is BiS, you will have much better stats vs. vanilla Campaign gear.

(i.e. the sorc DPS in my guild all bought 6-7 of the BH Striker Boots and used those mods/enhancements in their gear to achieve "proper" BiS min/maxed stats)

Campaign gear is itemized poorly, just like Rakata was before it. It has the same basic number of stats as BH gear, but focuses on Endurance over tertiary stats which for most (all) classes are the more important of the two.

(even for tanks. stacking raw health vs. defensive stats is a poor choice)

RE: Merc healers and LI... My guild has a Merc healer that got so bored with healing in LI that he has started taking almost all his gear off to heal it. He has @ 9.5k Health during the run and does not have a problem what so ever healing the run. I am fairly sure he has healed Lost Island using mostly the auto attack heal that Merc healers have.

Our best time currently is 22min.

Once you have a tank that can interrupt every Incinerate and not get a single tick, and DPS that are PROPERLY min/maxed in gear and push out some seriously solid numbers, Lost Island is trivial.

Edited by Lutese

I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters.

Lost Island is in no way super easy. But it can be completed. And (unlike ops) it has no lockout. So if you are capable of completing it, and it dropped lots of Rakata you could run it over and over and over again and twink out your character.

If Lost Island were changed to drop lots of Rakata, it would need to be on a one-week lockout.

Trust me, he's not full of high endurance stuff and he regularly does HM ops.

I'm sure this is incorrect.

For comparison, I have a Commando dps in 90% black hole / campaign and close to best in slot with well-optimized armoring, mods and enhancements. I've got a 35% crit, 75% surge and 989-1265 mainhand damage on my stat sheet. My last parse on an ops dummy was 1707.

That said, I have about 20k health. I could easily re-mod to 24k health, but then my dps would drop off dramatically.

My guess is the sniper is using Patron armoring instead of Skill armoring and has a lot of lettered mods. Re-optimizing their gear could probably net around 200 dps more than they're currently getting.

Edited by JeffKretz

I agree, Lost Island HM is hard enough that you need Columi/Rakata gear to complete it, just to receive some crappy gear you already have as a reward. There are much easier (and more fun) ways to earn BH commendations so thats not enough either. I would suggest dropping in some Rakata pieces in the harder bosses or a random Rakata piece at the end.

I agree, Lost Island HM is hard enough that you need Columi/Rakata gear to complete it, just to receive some crappy gear you already have as a reward. There are much easier (and more fun) ways to earn BH commendations so thats not enough either. I would suggest dropping in some Rakata pieces in the harder bosses or a random Rakata piece at the end.

I'm sure this won't convince you, but having finished LI on my main several times, I've since leveled a new toon to 50, and brought it in to Lost Island with my guildmates. We averaged about 1/2 Columi for each player and one person had Rakata Ear / Implants.

We finished the flashpoint just fine, because we knew the fights. And about half of the gear that was dropped was a direct upgrade for party members and we were happy to get it.

Now, early on I have failed this flashpoint several times in a row with a group of super-geared players because we were clumsy and didn't know what to do. In RPGs (not just MMOs) if you're having troubles with content you can always over-level or over-gear yourself. I've done that many times myself.

BUT, this flashpoint is an example whereby you can, by skill and tactics, beat the content without being over-geared.

not calling for a nerf on the flashpoint, its fine other than the loot in my opinion.

My guild and i finally got through lost island up to the last boss before calling it due to time. and we all realized after downing the first 2 bosses (sentinal droid and the Sav-rak) that the loot in that flashpoint is kinda pointless because we are all already full columi with rakata implants and ear as usual and we didnt benefit from any of the boss fights except for the satisfaction of beating them. yes, i know Lorrick drops the columi mainhand and the rakata chest, but that is still barely an upgrade.

my point: Since Lost island HM is easily the hardest flashpoint out there at this time, it should have better drops than just tionese crystals/comms and the more common of the columi drops (pants, boots). I loved doing this flashpoint, it was alot of fun for my team, but we felt the drops were under par due to the fact the majortiy of everyone that does this FP is in full columi if not better.

Great job BioWare on making a challenging and fun Flashpoint, but could use some better loot.

Thanks for reading, just speakin my thoughts.

Heres the problem.

Its a 25 min run on alts, Upgrading more of the loot would result in Zero Ev/KP Hm's being run which is bad for joe blogs pugger. I know sux2bthem.

Theres other ways to incentivise something than throwing better loot into it..

Rakghoul weekly, Aratech Ice speeder and Rakata chest are all really good incentives to complete it at least once.

There is plenty of reward for beating it. After finishing it once you get 8 BH comms a week for completing it each week, that is awesome for 20-30 minutes effort.

You want more rewards as an incentive for people to actually beat it once. Most people that have beaten it once will agree the loot is fine. Even (perhaps especially) on subsequent runs.

• Dev Post

I talked with Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about the difficulty of Lost Island and its rewards, and he shared his insight about these questions.

He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear, but that because the boss mechanics are heavily execution-based, many players prefer to overgear for it. Small mistakes can easily wipe the group, so bringing Ops level gear is great insurance, even if it isn't required. The loot quality reflects this - players who take the risk of going in with Tionese and Columi gear will be rewarded. Players with Ops level gear are likely there for the Black Hole Commendations right now.

That's not to say that we won't be re-examining gear progression going forward. It just happened that when Lost Island was released (1.2), it made sense to us to offer new players and alternate route to the Rakata chest and Columi main hand while infusing the weekly Flashpoint missions with a bit more challenge for players who had geared past most Flashpoints.

I talked with Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about the difficulty of Lost Island and its rewards, and he shared his insight about these questions.

He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear, but that because the boss mechanics are heavily execution-based, many players prefer to overgear for it. Small mistakes can easily wipe the group, so bringing Ops level gear is great insurance, even if it isn't required. The loot quality reflects this - players who take the risk of going in with Tionese and Columi gear will be rewarded. Players with Ops level gear are likely there for the Black Hole Commendations right now.

I don't see any Tionese tanks surviving the last fight with Lokin too well (tank is gonna eat some satchels), so I don't agree the mission is designed for that level of gear. This mission is listed as a Hard level 2, so theoretically everybody will be in full Columi before they walk in. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level amoring, mods, and enhancements the loot would be better balanced.

He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear, but that because the boss mechanics are heavily execution-based, many players prefer to overgear for it. Small mistakes can easily wipe the group, so bringing Ops level gear is great insurance, even if it isn't required.

Doing this in a group only wearing Tionese?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED