New security: one time pass

alenjularic

An easy way to avoid it is by using an Authenticator.

of which there is an android app for the SWTOR authenticator program which can link to your account just as easily as the authenticator that they sell on the store here on this website. I imagine there is also one available for the i-Phone, and other apple products as well, but I don't know as I don't have one of those. As far as the Windows Phone goes, I have no idea if an authenticator app is out for their service yet or not.

Ckeck the forum for infos on the security key issue.

Lots of people (including me) had problems with the app. After working fine for some weeks the keys are not accepted anymore for unknown reasons. The only solution is then to call customer service (wait in line for an hour or more) and then have the nice indian guy remove the key from your account again.

The secrity key app is no solution here, but just one more problem. (but the 100 cartel coins a month were cool)

Ckeck the forum for infos on the security key issue.

Lots of people (including me) had problems with the app. After working fine for some weeks the keys are not accepted anymore for unknown reasons. The only solution is then to call customer service (wait in line for an hour or more) and then have the nice indian guy remove the key from your account again.

The secrity key app is no solution here, but just one more problem. (but the 100 cartel coins a month were cool)

Did you ask the customer service representative why your security keys were no longer being accepted by the game or website? Or perhaps, did you even bother to contact the customer support for the security key application itself (there should be a help email link in the description blurb for the program in the App Store)?

you can de-link and re-link the security key on your own now after last week's patch. no need to call them anymore. this was part of the reason why the self serve changes were made. Edited by cabled

you can de-link and re-link the security key on your own now after last week's patch. no need to call them anymore. this was part of the reason why the self serve changes were made.

just gotta hope no one hacks your account and de-links your security key so that they can access your game themselves and steal all your stuff now.

Did you ask the customer service representative why your security keys were no longer being accepted by the game or website? Or perhaps, did you even bother to contact the customer support for the security key application itself (there should be a help email link in the description blurb for the program in the App Store)?

The rep did not know why it isn't working after a while, however stated that lots of ppl call to have it removed. No i did not call the app vendor, in fact i did not plan to have a huge research project to fix this. Go ahead be happy with the key.

Since you can remove it yourself now, i bet there were 1000th of people with the issue (and no fix known)

How do i turn this bloody thing off...it geting on my nervs...every 2 login i need to go to my mail and wait 5 min to get pass so i can log in...stupid thing...How do i turn it off????

I just tried logging in number of times (I am not using an security key) and didn't get the forced temp pass, so what you are experiencing is something not working right.

Did you allow the launcher to update? I guess windows might prevent it from doing that for some wacky reason.. Like you not having local admin rights on your computer.

Edited by Karkais