Game not starting after hitting the play button

andreykov

I'm having this problem, too. I finished downloading the 4.0.2 update patch last night, but it also won't start for me.

I've tried about 4 for 5 times already :/ Maybe it's the slow patch download problem that they are trying to work out.

Either way, I hope I can download this patch soon because I'm starting to feel slightly impatient & it feels like I've been waiting forever haha

EDIT: When I press play, my laptop revs up like it's preparing to launch swtor, but it has the power to mislead me & gives me false hope in the end lol

Edited by STELegion
update

Ok guys i was getting C5 error right after i press play buttom. After that advise game works fine for me.

To fix this, close the launcher and navigate to the main game install folder, and delete the folder named BitRaider. Then restart the launcher, and check again. It'll take a bit longer than usual to initialise after the restart.

Edited by IIGetsuII
Wrong quote

I will reinstall the game

That's what I'm doing, I will mess up the technical changes from the links if I try to do it myself. I seriously want to know what will be done about the people who were having the same/similar problems & if SWTOR will compensate them one way or not. Personally, I'd like a day or two's worth of extension on my sub since I couldn't play it last night when the patch came out or today, but that's just me.

• 4 weeks later...
Tried deleting the bitraider, then ran the repair utility (i have the .exe version). Still no luck. I also have the extra weird problem of taking 30 mins to an HOUR to actually login after typing in my credentials in the launcher. So extra wait time only to discover that the launcher just shuts down after you click Play. I really feel like stuffing a lightsaber up somebody's butt... ugh

• 1 month later...