to the deve.

wilkiealbert

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I'm dune you all r not getting the point and I don't know how to till it any other way so the heck with you all and the devs I have had it il just send a litter to the head man let hem sort it out:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The only one not getting the point is you.

Either that or you are trolling.

I have done this fight 4 times (twice on my healers and twice on my dps) I will admit 2 of my characters are at 248 gear the other 2 are not. The first time I did this boss I had to stop and look at what was going on. I noticed the droid was not being attacked and noticed the shield around him. I then noticed all the shots he was firing. At first (since I was on my healer) I just kept healing myself but then noticed when I stop behind those droids I got no damage so from then on I had not problems.

In addition, if you are doing this on story mode then you will have 2 companions helping you on this boss. Lana and Theron since it is the story one. Now solo (not story-solo) you are down to one companion but those you can choose any companion you want to run with. You are not subjected to Lana and Theron on those missions. The story one you have to run with Lana and Theron.

Regarding the gear if you have enough command tokens, you can get some 230 gear for your character. The rest are either got (1) from command boxes or (2) from unassembled tokens (3) and maybe pvp and operations (that I am not sure of). The command boxes you get every time you go up a level. There are various tiers in the command rank 1-4 and 4 being the best and where you can get a 248 gear piece for your character. Now 248 can take a while if you rely only on command boxes but with unassembled tokens it can go much faster.

Everyone has told you what you need to do and they have been very polite about it. A lot of these individuals have been playing quite a while and know what they are saying.

Edited by casirabit

Are you having difficulty completing the solo-story version of the Nathema Conspiracy? I have to be honest, I don't think I've ever died during that flashpoint or even come close. What influence rank is your Lana Beniko companion? What item rating is your gear? Are you using a Stim? Are you using the Chilled Corellian Cocktail buff item to increase your Presence stat? Do you have Lana set to heal, if you are a tank or dps? Have you tried a different discipline? Do you have all the datacrons scattered throughout the galaxy for the permanent stat boosts, including bonuses to presence? Do you have all four class buffs?

If you are specifically referring to the second boss ancient guardian droid, the trick is to stand directly behind one of the Hunter Probes. Make sure there is a direct line of sight between you, the hunter probe droid, and the ancient guardian droid. You will not take any damage, as the Hunter Probe will shield you from the attacks. You don't have to bring Lana with you by putting her on passive, as she won't take a lot of damage, but neither will the Ancient Guardian Droid from her attacks.

I had to laugh out loud at that. Couldn't tell if you're being facetious or not but I've never, in six years, heard anyone talk about that as part of any strategy for anything :D

The problem is that he is using the abilities when the boss has a damage reduction buff. For whatever reason, OP is resisting the calls and advice to do the mechanics needed to break the boss's shielding, calling it unfair that he has to do that to get his heroic moment to damage.

Yep.

Even if among all the terrible grammar, we accept that he has game testing experience somewhere... somehow... he clearly was not very good at it based on his responses in this thread.

I'm almost thinking we are just being trolled here... because the responses are so off the charts and OP is very deliberately ignoring good advice offered already on how proper mechanics to beat this boss. Apparently.. OP just wants to stand there and push buttons mindlessly with no regard whatsoever as to the unique mechanics the studio put in place here.

Everyone has told you what you need to do and they have been very polite about it. A lot of these individuals have been playing quite a while and know what they are saying.

And sadly.. all such advice is being ignored completely and the OP just keeps doubling down on the same rant.

Just based on his responses......I don't the OP really wants help here... just wants to complain.

Edited by Andryah

ya laughing is all you all knpw how to do

Uh...I was commenting on another poster who was trying to help you.

I'd love to help you, too, but the advice given to you isn't a bunch of lies or jokes (other than that Corellian Chiller thing) and I'd just be repeating what others have said.

Look, you don't even have to do the mechanics if you don't want to. Set your companion to dps on the dog, and run to the health stations when the dog starts his spinning attack thing if standing behind the probes is too hard.

The first time I played it, I ignored the mechanics, killed the probes (not supposed to do that, but I did anyway), used the heal stations during the spinning attack, and my companion did most of the work on the dog. (This was on my healer. In PvE, due to healer's pathetic dps, my companion does most of the work most of the time)

It takes longer to ignore the mechanics than it does to actually follow them, but it's possible.

Are you on the Satele Shan server? I wouldn't mind helping you out if our play time is compatible. PM me if you're interested

I now this was a waste of time no one ever gets the point I use to test games for a living and I know when its unfair or not but it don't do no good to tell the deves that I bet they don't even look at this but that's ok there is another way to get my point out there il just put my money in to another game this game is going down hill any way:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I did it without too much problems, never died even the 1st time. I don't have my gear at the top and my companion is whatever she is at IDK not high. But I listened to what others were saying in chat, took my time and paid attention. I found this way easier than Chapter 9 The Eternal Throne.

It's certainly not unfair if a semi-casual player like I have no issues.

Guys and Gals,

S/He is trolling (so I trolled back a couple posts above). I gave it (gender neutral) the benefit of the doubt earlier, but now it is patently clear.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Well OP I ran this again on my sentinel last night and she doesn't have the gear the others have and still had no problem with that boss.

On a side note: for those that were having a problem on a melee class I found out how to deal with the last boss, climb up the machine and you can get close enough to use your melee on him.

It's probably your fault. If you dont follow fight mechanics the boss will have increased damage reduction. Check the link to the dulfy guide another user provided above.

Exactly this. OP you cannot expect every encounter to be a piece of piss akin to levelling. This particular boss is an excellent challenge in solo and makes you use your brain to work out the tactics. It's really good for people who like a challenge without the hassle of needing a group or guild (like me). If you can't be bothered to figure out the tactic(s), then use the guide on Dulfy as suggested. Heroic moment on this fight is not really needed since it's more about the tactic then smashing down the boss. My first run on this I went in with no idea what was going to happen or what was going on, but took my time, worked out what to do and managed it without death (on my fairy-dust-instead-of-power-lightning-sorcerer-of-suck main).

I will say that having just read the tactic on Dulfy, I've been doing it wrong!! :D I killed the probes and still managed defeat it. Point: it's manageable even if you are clueless like me!

ok I am sending this to you all from the hospital now I'm not going to get in to it with you all this time it I got so agrofated with you all last night that my blood presser went up and I had a little hart attack so I wont be playing any games for a bit now.:(

Exactly this. OP you cannot expect every encounter to be a piece of piss akin to levelling. This particular boss is an excellent challenge in solo and makes you use your brain to work out the tactics. It's really good for people who like a challenge without the hassle of needing a group or guild (like me). If you can't be bothered to figure out the tactic(s), then use the guide on Dulfy as suggested. Heroic moment on this fight is not really needed since it's more about the tactic then smashing down the boss. My first run on this I went in with no idea what was going to happen or what was going on, but took my time, worked out what to do and managed it without death (on my fairy-dust-instead-of-power-lightning-sorcerer-of-suck main).

I will say that having just read the tactic on Dulfy, I've been doing it wrong!! :D I killed the probes and still managed defeat it. Point: it's manageable even if you are clueless like me!

Woohoo! I wasn't the only one!