Am I stupid ?

pellib

i have time?

let's see...i'll be leaving in about 30 minutes, and will not get home until very late...

only to have to wake up at 7am (like i had to this morning) to see if i could move my toon...

of course, i couldn't...

anybody that argues about how one values their time more than someone elses, shouldn't.

why do you HAVE to check it at 7 am? you can check anytime at your leisure... it's not like you have a small time window to transfer after it starts... you are just making up arbitrary excuses... if you have the time to sit down and play the game you have the time to check the website first..

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you checking the page that lists server transfers once a day before you play... problem solved

checking the website once a day takes the same amount of time as checking your e-mail once a day waiting for a notice

ok...let me spell this out for you...

i do not live my life attached to my cell phone...in fact, i pretty much dispise most, if not all, social media garbage...

so, other than my computer, which is not surgically attached, i'm in the dark.

some notice would be nice...just sayin..

i can set aside a few minutes to check...

i read them!!

did i know if my character was available for xfer until i logged in? nope.

some people don't have time to sit around...

I thought that was what people did when they played the game.

why do you HAVE to check it at 7 am? you can check anytime at your leisure... it's not like you have a small time window to transfer after it starts... you are just making up arbitrary excuses... if you have the time to sit down and play the game you have the time to check the website first..

an MMO to me is a release...a trip far away from reality...

therefore, my toons i grow very attached to. losing my name would be a VERY BIG DEAL to me...

game breaking, in fact.

and, since i pay monthly, just like everybody else, i deserve a bit of communication.

please give me 1 VALID reason they could not give 24 hr notice...

Edited by T-Assassin

i have time?

let's see...i'll be leaving in about 30 minutes, and will not get home until very late...

only to have to wake up at 7am (like i had to this morning) to see if i could move my toon...

of course, i couldn't...

anybody that argues about how one values their time more than someone elses, shouldn't.

Why do you have to keep checking?

Fire up the launcher when you want to play. Link on the launcher sends you to the webpage. See if your server is up for transfers...

If yes - transfer your toons, 5 minutes later you are playing the game on your new server.

If no - play your toons on your server.

Rinse, repeat.

i have time?

of course, i couldn't...

what kinda cool wisdom do you have to say about people who over valuate their time compared to everyone else?

because thats what you are doing... saying that your time is far more valuable and you should be noteified a day in advance of your move.. because your time is worth more than eveyrone else

therefore, my toons i grow very attached to. losing my name would be a VERY BIG DEAL to me...

game breaking, in fact.

and, since i pay monthly, just like everybody else, i deserve a bit of communication.

because they are busy doing more important things than making up for the fact you are self entitled

game breaking, in fact.

Because they said it's possible to be subject to change until the day of. Have you read up about how the process works?

game breaking, in fact.

1 reason they can not give you 24 hours notice is....becuase of a huge bug like one that crept up today... they were not expecting it and if they said hey you will be transfered tomorrow, and then had to delay it.. you would be here on the forums crying about the delay

what kinda cool wisdom do you have to say about people who over valuate their time compared to everyone else?

because thats what you are doing... saying that your time is far more valuable and you should be noteified a day in advance of your move.. because your time is worth more than eveyrone else

actually, no...i am not.

my time is more valuable to me, than yours is to me...and i'm sure the same is true vice versa.

is asking for 24hr notice sayin my time is more important than the next fella...

if you say so. that's not what i was sayin.

you sir, are correct...

i pay and sit to play!!!

not to search for information about when i can play.

Yes but the above quotes are correct. You don't have to sit around and keep checking to see if you can move your character. When you log in you read the new news. Hey I can transfer my character. Go and check before logging in.

If not there log in. If there move character. If it was posted early in the morning it will still be there when you get home. The servers listed will still be there and available for transfer. It isn't like you have to transfer your character between 7 and 8 am and that is all the time you have to do it.

On the bright side maybe your server will be a destination server and you won't have to do anything at all.

actually, no...i am not.

my time is more valuable to me, than yours is to me...and i'm sure the same is true vice versa.

is asking for 24hr notice sayin my time is more important than the next fella...

if you say so. that's not what i was sayin.

you are saying it is more important.. you are saying you are self important, and that you deserve to be told things that everyone else doesnt.

everyone else will patiently wait till tomorrow to find out for transfers, but thats not good enough for you, ( which in itself isnt a bad thing) ) but when you come on here and demand things, like 24 hours notice because your time is so important, and you cant waste it sitting around..it makes people like me wonder why you even play video games in the first place.. shoudlnt you be doing something more productive with your time than wasting it sitting at a computer?

1 reason they can not give you 24 hours notice is....becuase of a huge bug like one that crept up today... they were not expecting it and if they said hey you will be transfered tomorrow, and then had to delay it.. you would be here on the forums crying about the delay

and THIS ^^^ is the problem with all of your arguments.

i'm not afraid of the truth. if they told me 30 days, at least i would know...and i would respect their honesty.

i don't need lies, manipulation, and half facts to placate me.

stuff happens, that doesn't bother me.

the lack of open honesty, communication, and tap dancing around issues is the problem.

you are saying it is more important.. you are saying you are self important, and that you deserve to be told things that everyone else doesnt.

everyone else will patiently wait till tomorrow to find out for transfers, but thats not good enough for you, ( which in itself isnt a bad thing) ) but when you come on here and demand things, like 24 hours notice because your time is so important, and you cant waste it sitting around..it makes people like me wonder why you even play video games in the first place.. shoudlnt you be doing something more productive with your time than wasting it sitting at a computer?

i'm not using hyperbole.

you are.

*EDIT* your last sentence says everything i need to know about your debating skills.

Edited by T-Assassin

Yes but the above quotes are correct. You don't have to sit around and keep checking to see if you can move your character. When you log in you read the new news. Hey I can transfer my character. Go and check before logging in.

If not there log in. If there move character. If it was posted early in the morning it will still be there when you get home. The servers listed will still be there and available for transfer. It isn't like you have to transfer your character between 7 and 8 am and that is all the time you have to do it.

On the bright side maybe your server will be a destination server and you won't have to do anything at all.

Why not send an automated email to inform all the players who have let their subscription expire ? Why do you object when I'm asking BW to be proactive and inform us when it's time to move rather then the other way around ?

you sir, are correct...

i pay and sit to play!!!

not to search for information about when i can play.

So if you don't actively come to the website, there is a big entry right on the launcher that says "Transfers are here, click for more info". NO need to send it in an e-mail, it notifies you right then and there before you even click "play". If you choose not to click the banner to read up on the information, then that's your perogative, not ours, not EA's or Bioware's. They provided the information to you in a way that doesn't rely on social media or having to go to the website on your own intuition. End of story.

i'm not afraid of the truth. if they told me 30 days, at least i would know...and i would respect their honesty.

the lack of open honesty, communication, and tap dancing around issues is the problem.

they admitted why they were stopping for the day.. told us there was a bug. and worked actively to fix it..but right..they were being dishonest, uncommunicative and obviously being vague about the issues of the game..

RIGHT

sending you a 24hr advance notice when you and they both know it is subject to delay would be giving you lies, manipulation, and half facts to placate you... so here you say you don't need it after you made a thread asking for it

Edited by Liquidacid

Why not send an automated email to inform all the players who have let their subscription expire ? Why do you object when I'm asking BW to be proactive and inform us when it's time to move rather then the other way around ?

Because e-mail, according to studies, in the face of social media, is the LEAST likely to get read. With as much spamming as there is in today's age of technology, it's far more likely that the information will be read on the website, through Facebook/Twitter, and on the front page of the Game Launcher.

You just need everything to be handed to you on a silver platter?

good business practice is to be proactive, not reactive...

SWTOR is: ????

So if you don't actively come to the website, there is a big entry right on the launcher that says "Transfers are here, click for more info". NO need to send it in an e-mail, it notifies you right then and there before you even click "play". If you choose not to click the banner to read up on the information, then that's your perogative, not ours, not EA's or Bioware's. They provided the information to you in a way that doesn't rely on social media or having to go to the website on your own intuition. End of story.

Why are you against BW being proactive and sending out automated emails for transfers ?

How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

Its not like its a small window of opportunity, it sounds like these free transfers will be open weeks if not months once they are all rolled out.

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

Edited by JovethGonzalez