Eternity Vault Loot completely broken!

My guild, ePeen on Helm of Gaursh just cleared 4/5 bosses in Eternity Vault today

On the every boss, no matter what loot is set to, tokens can only be picked up by

people chosen by the game itself, a master looter CANNOT designate the target.

For bosses 2-3 the loot is in chests, after the chest is opened once, they become unable to be accessed by anyone else in the group, visually they stay open and have a mouseover but no one can access them, even the person who accessed it first can't get back in. The chest on ancient pylons reset once randomly after 5 minutes but then didn't reset again. We wiped later in the instance, and every chest stopped showing a mouseover icon and never reset.

I am cross posting this into the bug forum.

The loot system needs to not only be changed but fixed. If we have our raid set to master looter that is our decision we do not need assistance in assigning loot to players and cannot deal with some pieces not being able to be given to players based on what Bioware has decided is appropriate.

The loot system is terrible. I killed 5 bosses, got 0 loot. We had other raid members who got 5 pieces of loot. The RNG system is horrible and they need to fix it.

I have the same complaint with the PvP bags.

I realize the loot system currently in place is ideal for PUGs, but it isn't like those operations are puggable right now anyway.

Edited by eNcFireWraith

Had the exact same Issue on 4/5 EV today. It's completely broken and demands a fix immediately.

Don't assign loot - either make the loot "normal" like you already do in Flashpoints or assign an item to everyone (which seems ridiculous considering the gearing up phase would be lowered significantly).

Additionally, fix the bug with Chests. Other than that I'm actually quite pleased by EV and its mechanics, despite it being a little easy.

- Ecc

This is absolutely stupid. On top of all the other bugs with operations, the loot is completely ****ed up.

Regardless of loot setup (master looter, round robin, FFA), loot was always assigned to members. That's bad enough, but it was always assigned to the same people. Jugg loot to one person. Sorc loot to one person. Merc loot to one person. That person never changed.

The third "boss" in EV dropped a chest. Only one person could loot the chest. After 15 minutes, the chest "respawned" and another person could loot it. We had to have it respawn 7 times for everyone to even get their commendations.

What in the *********** **** were the in-house testers doing for these operations? It completely baffles my mind that a game could be released in this way. I can't believe I paid 60 dollars to beta test their raids for them.

This loot system is just stupid. Went in there today and the 3 bosses we could actually loot (the 2 bosses with chest loot bugged out and didn't let anyone grab the gear they were "assigned") had their gear assigned terribly. Our tank got 2 pieces of alacrity gear that he had to re-mod, while our inquisitor healer, who could actually use the pieces as is, was SOL.

For the love of God, focus a bit on patching endgame in the near future. It's buggy as hell and overall seems to be working quite poorly atm.

This is absolutely stupid. On top of all the other bugs with operations, the loot is completely ****ed up.

Regardless of loot setup (master looter, round robin, FFA), loot was always assigned to members. That's bad enough, but it was always assigned to the same people. Jugg loot to one person. Sorc loot to one person. Merc loot to one person. That person never changed.

The third "boss" in EV dropped a chest. Only one person could loot the chest. After 15 minutes, the chest "respawned" and another person could loot it. We had to have it respawn 7 times for everyone to even get their commendations.

What in the *********** **** were the in-house testers doing for these operations? It completely baffles my mind that a game could be released in this way. I can't believe I paid 60 dollars to beta test their raids for them.

Calm down people, roll an alt....see some more story lines.....its only been 6 days since release.....

Goto the public test forums. These bugs are supposed to be fixed according to the posted patch notes. This patch is supposed to be in todays update (tues).

If you are going to constantly asked when something is going to be fixed... you should look to see if it has been answered. Those notes have been up for a while.

Edited by Soluss

It's a bug and will be fixed in tonight's patch. Of course BW does not intend to disable master loot in operations.

Public Test Patch Notes 1.0.1

Operations

Eternity Vault

- Players are now able to properly obtain loot from chests.

The question is, does "properly obtain loot" mean that master loot is working as we all want it to? Or does that simply mean that everyone can now loot the chests to get their pre-assigned loot?

edit: Master Looter now works correctly for items being looted from chests.

Didn't see that one. Well, looks like the fix is on the way, then.

-Macheath.

Edited by Macheath

It's still broken... Master Looter does NOT work. In our instance just today only one person from each class got assigned all the loot for their class. Didn't matter how we had the loot rules set the game decided it for us. This fact makes instances worthless. How the hell did something like this get missed in testing? It would be even more rediculas if it's as intended.

The loot system is terrible. I killed 5 bosses, got 0 loot. We had other raid members who got 5 pieces of loot. The RNG system is horrible and they need to fix it.

I have the same complaint with the PvP bags.

I realize the loot system currently in place is ideal for PUGs, but it isn't like those operations are puggable right now anyway.

They are puggable up to Hard Mode Soa.

We found tonight that with Master Looter on, we had an issue with people being able to loot their items.

We ended up giving the players lead and therefore Master Loot, and then they were able to loot. So until they fix the bug, you could give that a try!

The same thing happened to us.

However let me be clear to all of you unreasonable, ungrateful bastards yammering on about these problems.

We can now emote from our vehicles.

Bet you feel stupid now don't you?

Inside eternity vault if you master loot chests will bug out.

If you just leave it on group loot, everyone will get their loot bags and a chance to roll on schematics.

If a boss bugs out and doesn't spawn you need to reset the instance and re clear trash before the boss and it will work.