2.6 changes just posted by Eric Musco

Sangrar

Just posted by Musco in the general discussion section.

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:•The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.

•A new Gunship variant.

•Two Bomber variants!

•...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:•A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.

•Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.

•Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.

•Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.

•Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Edited by Sangrar

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts

Aka "we don't know what else to do with the class, maybe this will work without it being too much. Anyway class done, we'll revisit in 6 months."

Just posted by Musco in the general discussion section.

[/color]

Since when pushback is the problem for mercs and sorc?

Patient says; my shoulder hurts like hell, doctor

Doctor says: Don't worry. I just made your feet so tough that you won't ever need to wear shoes again.

Merc DPS already gets access to 70% pushback resistance for both Tracer Missile and Power Shot. Not sure what the devs think this is going to change....... its just stupid.

I first read that and assumed interrupt immunity, sorta like what they did with AP PT LOLFlamethrower, but eliminating pushback? eh...who knows, maybe it's that last 30% that will make the diff between alive and dead.;)

Since when pushback is the problem for mercs and sorc?

Patient says; my shoulder hurts like hell, doctor

Doctor says: Don't worry. I just made your feet so tough that you won't ever need to wear shoes again.

This is the single best SWTOR development analogy I have ever heard.

I first read that and assumed interrupt immunity, sorta like what they did with AP PT LOLFlamethrower, but eliminating pushback? eh...who knows, maybe it's that last 30% that will make the diff between alive and dead.;)

well honestly it's probably going to be a button we have to push with a really long cooldown and creates a ton of heat.

Pushback is not a problem. Its the stupid amount of ways you can be interrupted with no recourse that is a problem.

Pushback is not a problem. Its the stupid amount of ways you can be interrupted with no recourse that is a problem.

I guess we should have given the devs more feedback.... o wait... there are like 3 threads dedicated in the commando forums with lists of way better alternatives than push back reduction.

Sorcs also have 2 skills for the 75% of the pushback on LS and FL :confused:

No, the 75% talent is in madness and is for FL and crushing darkness, not that you cast crushing darkness in that spec anyway lol BW

I guess we should have given the devs more feedback.... o wait... there are like 3 threads dedicated in the commando forums with lists of way better alternatives than push back reduction.

Didn't you know: they know best!

No love for the Sin. What a Stun-lock!

I guess it will be a 6 month wait with more imbalances added to other classes. I really don't understand Biowares way of thinking. Classes are a fundamental part of this game and if they only have one guy working on it, the time is now to hire someone who knows what they are doing.

Nab some of the Wildstar class designers.