Newly 50, questions

I just turned 50 in the weekend and i have some questions regarding flashpoints. I've tried to read the sticky posts regarding this but i just can't understand some things.

What flashpoints should i start with at 50?

Can i go HM on some of them with a little pvp gear?

Would like a guide for flashpoints/operations for us newbies that almost never been doing pve before.

Thanks alot!

Step 1: Grind PvE dailies

Try to aim for fully modded armour with 126 rating armour then the purple mods/enchancements.

Step 2: Augment with GTN purchases and PvP gear

Centurion gear is trash for pve, you'll get better stats and armouring from dailies and purchased stuff. So, fill out the rest of your slots with crafted blue/purple stuff.

Step 3: Start HMs

As a rough guide, aim for 13k health and around 1200-1300 in your main stat. This is easily doable with just daily gear and a few bits of crafted. Champion gear is worth using if you've got it, has higher rating than daily stuff and similar stats, and usually more health.

Tbh, most HMs are pretty easy. Start with Esselles, Tarel V or Maelstrom. There will be a boss or two you struggle with initially but you'll get them fairly quickly. False Emporer is also easy, just a bit of a pain on last boss.

Step 4: Do Other HMs

Kaon and Directive 7 seem to be the hardest hardmodes so probs get better gear for them. But, try to collect as much columi gear as possible.

Step 5: Do Normal Mode EV/Karaggas

Normal mode EV/Karaggas is similar difficulty to HM flashpoints, i.e. pretty easy. They also drop Columi (tier 2) gear. However, loot is auto-assigned so you don't even get a chance to roll on items, makes it frustrating when someone else gets all the loot and u get nothing.

getting in a good group for hm with people that known the mechanics and can roll through 3-5 instances a night is great.

face rolling through ev normal is also great. have seen people get 4 pieces of columi just for them through one single run.

Follow-up question. I've noticed that some of the HM's need unlocking by doing the normal mode flashpoint?

As far as know i know that Boarding Party has this demand. Is there any more FP's you need to do on normal to get access to HM?

Thanks!

None of the HM flashpoints require you to do it on normal first. If you can't get the hardmode quest but you have the quest for normal mode, drop that and you can get the hardmode one. Only requirement is for Foundry which requires you to do Boarding Party before it, Republic has similar pair but I can't remember the names for those.