Doc Romance Help

emwipf

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to mess up the Doc romance? Like make it so he isn't interested in you anymore. In the very beginning when I was talking to Doc, he made a comment about confining me to bed rest, and instead of flirting with him, I told him no thanks. I wanted to play it out that my Jedi was sticking to her code in the beginning, but eventually he wins her over. Only he got really mad after I said that and I no longer have options to flirt with him. Did I mess up the romance? Or will he still ask me to marry him if I get high enough affection with him? Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Edited by emwipf

I think is hard to mess up Doc's romance. Back when I leveled my LS JK, she had to expressly tell him to keep the relationship professional to keep him from... uh... harassing her.

More recently I leveled a DS JK which flirted with him occasionally but in the end broke his heart by not accepting to get married (I did the same thing with my DS Smuggler and Corso). To my surprise, the romance was recognized when she entered the KotFE storyline (while Smuggler/Corso didn't).

It is possible to mess it up. If the dialogue wheel had two flirt options and a rejection, the rejection is permanent and not just for that conversation. It's not very clear that that's what's happening with Doc though. :(

If you took the rejection, there isn't anything you can do.

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to mess up the Doc romance? Like make it so he isn't interested in you anymore. In the very beginning when I was talking to Doc, he made a comment about confining me to bed rest, and instead of flirting with him, I told him no thanks. I wanted to play it out that my Jedi was sticking to her code in the beginning, but eventually he wins her over. Only he got really mad after I said that and I no longer have options to flirt with him. Did I mess up the romance? Or will he still ask me to marry him if I get high enough affection with him? Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

If there are no more flirts it might just be so that you have locked yourself out of the romance. I'm terribly sorry. It isn't always clear when a rejection means forever and ever or not just this instant. If I'm playing BioWare single player games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age I dare to rp more. Here is SWTOR I take a more direct approach.

Hit the flirts if you want to have a romance with them and never ever do it if you don't. Just like you can get locked out of a romance you like, you can also be unable to end a romance that you changed your mind about.

Hope that there perhaps might be a way for you to trigger a romance with Doc, otherwise your JK might perhaps take a look at the KOTFE-romances :) there is still some romance to be had in that universe far far away.

Thanks for the help guys. I guess i expected the romance to be a little more like the consular romance with Iresso. Where the female consular says that Jedi can have relationships if the Jedi is considered trustworthy by the council. But it looks like in the Doc romance I have to flagrantly break the Jedi code. I appreciate the help.

But it looks like in the Doc romance I have to flagrantly break the Jedi code.

Sadly, yes, but there is a way to minimize the damage. By picking the right flirt options, you can actually progress through the whole romance - right up to the marriage proposal - without even kissing Doc. And the game acknowledges this. If you turn him down in the proposal conversation, you get a nice little discussion about the non-physical nature of your relationship and future possibilities. I loved it. Made the Doc romance feel much less sketchy.