Thank You Double XP Weekend!

Webalienz

I don't know about anyone else, but I made a boatload of credits selling low-level (17 through 39) item modifications (armorings, mods, and enhancements). Everything was selling within 2-4 hours, and for $2k-$5k more than normal. I was spending so much time sending companions on gathering and crafting missions, that I didn't actually get to level my Vanguard as much as I would have liked.

Needless to say, I'm stocking up and getting my premades done before this Friday starts. :)

The only things that I saw that were getting severely undercut were purple lvl 49 augments. But that just seemed to open up the lvl 47 augment market, where I was selling those for more than what the lvl 49 ones were going.

Wow, and people wonder why crafting is dying.....always someone trying to rip other players off, maybe you should start selling the mods you make for what they are truely worth instead of being a greedy profiteer.

This is all well and good, however these items have no actual "worth". Only the buyer can assign "worth", or value, to these items. The buyer can either decide to buy the item, give it "worth", or decide not to buy it at which point the item is worthless.

If the buyer had no other means of obtaining the item, then we would have problem, however the game mechanics offer other ways to obtain these items.

Wow, and people wonder why crafting is dying.....always someone trying to rip other players off, maybe you should start selling the mods you make for what they are truely worth instead of being a greedy profiteer.

I've seen you post this comment is too many threads, without any further debate, that I can only assume you are trolling.

Either back up your argument or stop posting.

Crafting isn't dying from where I'm standing. But I would love to see your list of what you think would be a fair price for some low level item modifications.

I challenge you to respond to any of the attempts I've made to comment on, refute, debate or present an opposing viewpoint to this idea you keep insisting is true.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5966741#post5966741

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5970998#post5970998

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5981368#post5981368

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5985147#post5985147

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6003445#post6003445

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6017441#post6017441

Are you capable of discussing your viewpoint on this matter? Or do you just throw it out there and run away?

Items are 'worth' whatever the buyer says they're worth.

Greedy profiteers unite!

LOL, and how do you figure out what an item is worth.

The gtn (in most things) is an open uncontrolled market in the sense that (other than the highest level mods, armorings, etc. which is controlled by raiders or the few who take the RE risk) no one controls any item on the market. Anyone can build a crafting skill and obtain the mats needed. The price / worth is then determined on a supply and demand basis (wllling seller to willing buyer) with the underpining of cost and time of production. There is not much room for greedy profiteers in the system. In RL, most markets are controlled by a few mega corps who have invested heavily in our government and greed is the norm, but I have not seen much of that in game.

I believe what JamieKirby is talking about is the fact that it costs more to acquire item modifications to fill shells than it does to acquire similar stat crafted items:

I honestly prefer non-mod based gear, because from experience buying the mods on their own from the GTN is far more expensive then buying the gear themselves.

From Experience at level 11, i got some gear from the Cartel Market for my Jedi Guardian, then i bought level 11 armorings, level 9 mods and level 11 enhancements, all blue quality, guess how much i had to pay due to the overpricing tendances of most crafters?

6x armorings = 6x10k = 60k

6x mods = 6x8k = 48k

4x enhancements = 4x6k = 24k

10k per armoring

8k per mod

6k per enhancement

Total price paid at level 11 is: 132k

I bought a piece of gear as i could wear them and i paid FAR less then what i paid for mods, sorry, but if crafting is useless and not that profitable, its the crafters for being too greedy.

I shouldn't HAVE to craft to get gear, it should be an option, not the only solution, if crafters crafted items for all level brackets for a reasonable price, i would buy them, they might make less profit in the short-term, but in the long term, they will make more profit, but all they think about is short-term, never thinking about long-term....which is a huge mistake, in a business stand point.

But there are three things JamieKirby is not taking into account:

#1 - item modification items can be easily acquired with planetary commendations

#2 - the item modifications sold on the GTM are dominantly blue and purple quality and to get those schematics reverse engineering had to take place and a good portion of the value of those blue and purple quality items comes from that reverse engineering process.

#3 - shells and item modifications to fill them are always in high demand. High demand equates to more value. fixed stat crafted items are in less demand. lower demand equates to less value.

Low demand? How about NO demand? I think the only way I could sell green/blue crafted items on the GTN would be to sell them for less than what you could sell to a vendor so that the buyers could buy, then sell to a vendor! They serve the purpose of allowing reverse engineering to unlock higher level items, so it's not a total loss to craft them.

I tried selling these items a couple of times and it was simply a no-go, even for really low prices (~1500 creds). I have no problem selling augmented purple or orange gear, though.

I believe what JamieKirby is talking about is the fact that it costs more to acquire item modifications to fill shells than it does to acquire similar stat crafted items:

But there are three things JamieKirby is not taking into account:

#1 - item modification items can be easily acquired with planetary commendations

#2 - the item modifications sold on the GTM are dominantly blue and purple quality and to get those schematics reverse engineering had to take place and a good portion of the value of those blue and purple quality items comes from that reverse engineering process.

#3 - shells and item modifications to fill them are always in high demand. High demand equates to more value. fixed stat crafted items are in less demand. lower demand equates to less value.

I am not exactly sure what your point was because you didn't state one.

I've seen you post this comment is too many threads, without any further debate, that I can only assume you are trolling.

Of course, Capitalists regard everyone who is against their way as an enemy ...

Me, I usually remain UNDER the suggested price - if i ever sell things. I rather craft for my own Legacy. And for friends and Absolute Newbies who are just in need of items.

And because of that, I'm a very proud owner of a speeder, a good friend had crafted for me - after i had given her what she needed for this in order to build this speeder twice : One for her, and one for me.

I think that when i meet her in RL (we have loosely thought about that because we don't live too far away from one another), I should thank her in a special way for that.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Of course, Capitalists regard everyone who is against their way as an enemy ...

Me, I usually remain UNDER the suggested price - if i ever sell things. I rather craft for my own Legacy. And for friends and Absolute Newbies who are just in need of items.

And because of that, I'm a very proud owner of a speeder, a good friend had crafted for me - after i had given her what she needed for this in order to build this speeder twice : One for her, and one for me.

I think that when i meet her in RL (we have loosely thought about that because we don't live too far away from one another), I should thank her in a special way for that.

I was worried you were serious, but then I realized you are just rping. carry on sir, carry on.

I am not exactly sure what your point was because you didn't state one.

Sorry I thought it was clear. the point is that his math does not take those factors into account and therefore he has to adjust his values accordingly.

• Dev Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I made a boatload of credits selling low-level (17 through 39) item modifications (armorings, mods, and enhancements). Everything was selling within 2-4 hours, and for $2k-$5k more than normal. I was spending so much time sending companions on gathering and crafting missions, that I didn't actually get to level my Vanguard as much as I would have liked.

Needless to say, I'm stocking up and getting my premades done before this Friday starts. :)

The only things that I saw that were getting severely undercut were purple lvl 49 augments. But that just seemed to open up the lvl 47 augment market, where I was selling those for more than what the lvl 49 ones were going.

I am spending my weeknights planning, buying mods, and getting characters in place for the weekend to start. I have post-it notes all over my desk with my plans for different crew skills, skill builds, species (gotta unlock em all!), etc. Glad to see I am not the only one!

Also, if you are on my server I have definitely transferred some of my credits into your hands. Cool to see what crafters do with a changing economy. :rak_03:

I am spending my weeknights planning, buying mods, and getting characters in place for the weekend to start. I have post-it notes all over my desk with my plans for different crew skills, skill builds, species (gotta unlock em all!), etc. Glad to see I am not the only one!

Also, if you are on my server I have definitely transferred some of my credits into your hands. Cool to see what crafters do with a changing economy. :rak_03:

First off nice to see random yellow post in this section Eric.

Post-it notes are so 1980, gogo Excel Spreadsheets!

And this is exactly what I did to help track if it's worth it for me to craft and sell an item. I put in the GTN price for raw mats and a markup % to cover the GTN fee plus what I'm looking for as a profit and it kicks me back what my personal suggested list price is. I then keep an eye on what is actually on the GTN and start crafting & listing. Made a couple million this past weekend mostly on rank 22 or lower items. I also pumped credits back into the market because a friend convinced me to make another toon for S&G. All this wouldn't have happened in my mind if it wasn't for double XP weekends.

Edited by jamescloutier