{Showdown on Iokath} Defeat Iokath Sentinels

sekacsmrto

There are 3 BigTall droids that I'm supposed to defeat in a Walker.

Now the good news is that the walker has 500k HP unfortunately the Droids too and they are champion class.

If I remember correctly they had less hp and were only elites.

I know the new expansion gives you a lot of work on the bugs, however I'm already stuck at walker story line.

3th week started of waiting to be able to pass story line that is more than 2 years old.

Please can you take a look at it.

It is really difficult for me to stay playing as I'm unable to proceed with my story line ... and waiting 3 weeks for it is a bit too long for me.

I discovered a workaround of sorts. I tried resetting the entire mission, which put me back at the beginning of the walker mission, making my way to that battle. This time, once I killed one of the walker droids, it stayed dead and didn't respawn when I revived. They still killed me each time I killed one, but I was able to eventually whittle them down. But yeah, hopefully this will be fixed more permanently, as I still have a few toons to take through this.

I had trouble with this also and used a combo of the suggestions. Stomp, use the charge weapon skill while running from the AOEs, the weapon buff from the rep vendor (since I am at the bottom level), and and an endurance stim. I fumbled through after lots of grumbling and frustration.

• 2 years later...

Still bugged. I'm always nervous when getting to this fight, because you never know if it's going to be easy (sometimes), close but doable (mostly), or f-ing impossible (sometimes).

I recently realized that I had never even finished KOTET with a smuggler, so I picked it up with an old saboteur. Hadn't played a smuggler in quite some time, but was pleasantly surprised at how well she played in all fights. Then I got to this (insert favorite profanity).

I started with the usual standing-in-the-middle-and-stomping routine (only moving for their AoEs). This usually works, but this time I didn't even get close to killing them before I died. So I got the Modified Armor Cell and Modified Weapons Cell for Walkers, and tried again. Got closer but still far from killing anyone.

Then suddenly I almost made it - if I had managed two more stomps it had probably been over. Next time I wasn't even close again. It seemingly depends on pure luck in what attacks the sentinels use.

A couple of tries later I killed one of them. Not sure if I had used some other attack on that one during this attempt, or if I had just missed the center with one of the stomps so the damage was uneven. Anyway, after dying and respawning I managed to kill one more before the first one came back, and after that it is kind a blur with all of us dying and respawning alternately, and me in constant panic mode, until I finally managed to get them all.

Pretty sure that repeated dying/respawning isn't the intended way of finishing this fight ;) but...

Since you're in a walker and cannot even use any of your characters tools, the class or specialization shouldn't have any effect on this fight, but does it anyway? I don't recall which of my characters had it easy or hard in this fight, except that this 306 Saboteur Smuggler almost couldn't do it.