Capital ships need to be removed ASAP.

Jandi

The title is pretty self-explanatory. The cap ships need to be taken away. They ruin TDM completely as they aren't used to prevent spawn camping, they are used as an undestructable turret. The last 5 games have been the exact same. Gunships sit at the cap ship and the moment you even look at a scout, they zoom to it immediately.

It's become a game of peekaboo with the capital ships and it's pathetic.

Since some people need things spelled out to them, let me explain the crux of the problem.

In TDM the object is to kill the other team. Due to capital ships, you can get a slight lead and immediately go sit at your cap ship, preventing the other team from killing you for the rest of the match if they so choose and there is absolutely *nothing* you can do to win the match at that point. Not a thing.

You say they aren't contributing? Well neither are you, because you have nothing to shoot at. They sit at their cap ship with Gunships, getting weak hits to get the contribution going and immediately zoom to the cap ship. You cannot do anything to stop them. Some scouts play bait at the edge but turn tail and boost to the cap ship the moment you even start to lock a missile, meaning you achieve nothing at all.

This behaviour prevents the team who first gets a lead to lose. What's worse, is that you always have some on your team who try to get a kill and instead either get vapourized by the Gunship brigade or the turrets and there is nothing you can do to change this.

Either remove the cap ships or make a one way shield around them that you can stay behind or leave it but not shoot through nor get back into. In TDM, you can't even be spawn camped, not really, since there are 2 points to spawn from. If half the enemy team spawn caps your entire team then you deserve to be spawn camped. This however, is scrubs abusing poor design because it's the only way they can ever win a match.

Edited by Jandi

I think the real problem is the tractor beam that I use on top of the capital ship. A little scout will be out there minding his own business at 30 clicks, and then suddenly I'll just tractor beam him into the gun range. He can't do anything about it, the poor little guy. He's forced to target me, then run right at me until he dies to either my railgun or the cap ship turrets.

No wonder the poor little guys all have to cry on the forums about it. Nothing else they could possibly have done.

Better yet, I wish there was a way to destroy the capital ships.

In this game, no. In a different mode where the cap ships were numerous and actually the objectives, sure.

Also amusingly, in between games where we crushed you (right when we were making these posts), you had a game where you were ahead, and then suddenly we three capped you. Sadly it didn't last- you were able to get back one node and win (you personally, I think). Wanna know how that happened? You had three strikes and two scouts chasing me all the way to near your cap ships, then all the way back to mine. Two died to turrets. Without five people, you lost two nodes in moments, all filled with bloodlust over my ion aoe. I played the Benny Hill music during it.

Edited by Verain

I think the real problem is the tractor beam that I use on top of the capital ship. A little scout will be out there minding his own business at 30 clicks, and then suddenly I'll just tractor beam him into the gun range. He can't do anything about it, the poor little guy. He's forced to target me, then run right at me until he dies to either my railgun or the cap ship turrets.

No wonder the poor little guys all have to cry on the forums about it. Nothing else they could possibly have done.

You know, that's almost as bad as when I tie some bacon onto the back of my bomber. Since nobody can resist the sweet sweet temptation of bacon, they just end up chasing me through asteroids fields and random girders and into mines.

I feel kind of bad sometimes, but then I remember that I get to reward myself with bacon when I land.

Yeah it was pug team. Probably never see most again.

Well, I mean, same thing on our side. Those games are mostly decided by the puggies, though Nitram and Mmo being on for game three certainly gave a pretty sharp turn to Rep side with the pilot to pug ratio.

And yeah you had no one guarding A at the end but the 3 turrets.

Totally believe it. But it was just great to CC half the team on mesas, and finally when I was low on boost, lead a couple of them back for the money shot at the cap ship. The other three finally started doing their jobs instead of trying to get a kill.

You know, that's almost as bad as when I tie some bacon onto the back of my bomber. Since nobody can resist the sweet sweet temptation of bacon, they just end up chasing me through asteroids fields and random girders and into mines.

I feel kind of bad sometimes, but then I remember that I get to reward myself with bacon when I land.

man every time I see you flying

dat bacon man

heres an idea

Don`t go near them.

Do you even understand the situation?

A group gets a slightly lead in TDM (on the order of 1-2 points). Then, instead of continuing the fight, they all head back to the capital ship.

It is now impossible for the losing team to turn the match around.

QQing about a Capital Ship firing on you.

HEY!!! heres an idea

Don`t go near them.

You sound like those people who QQ about guards getting in the way of there wpvp.

And tell me, how are you supposed to fight a DEATHMATCH when you can't fight the other team because, the moment they have a slight lead they switch to gunships/bombers and just sit at the cap ship waiting for the timer to run out.

Then, if you only pug like I do, you always have idiots on your team who keep flying into the cap ship so even if you don't, you still lose the match without getting any req because why would they leave the cap ship? They have a constant stream of idiots going after them.

So here's a better idea, buy yourself a brain. Or better yet, learn to play the game instead of abusing ****** game mechanics.

Edited by Jandi

Do you even understand the situation?

A group gets a slightly lead in TDM (on the order of 1-2 points). Then, instead of continuing the fight, they all head back to the capital ship.

It is now impossible for the losing team to turn the match around.

That`s when you have to wait it out just outside the range of fire and let them get noncontributing cause that way they would have to fly away from the ship and attack someone. If your in a group or can get others on your team to wait with you then you can all focus on one ship at a time as they fly out.

No cap ships should not go. If people want to get over aggressive on kills that's your fault you got shot down. If anything they should add a warning if your approaching one or get with in its firing range

If you can't be bothered to read beyond the OP then please do everyone the kindness of not bothering to respond, either.

That`s when you have to wait it out just outside the range of fire and let them get noncontributing cause that way they would have to fly away from the ship and attack someone. If your in a group or can get others on your team to wait with you then you can all focus on one ship at a time as they fly out.

Speaking of which, this "You are now AFK" feature needs to be tweaked. I mean seriously, the other day in a TDM I was chasing and chasing this gunship and finally when he ran out of engines I launched a torpedo and got the "You are now AFK" message but then when it hit and killed him said "You are once again contributing". How stupid is this?

I heard once you get that message its too late, you already get a big reduction in req for the whole match even if it was just for a second.

I also get it frequently when being chased. In some matches if you score a quick 5 kills or so you get a lot of people that start raging for you and I like to run, run, and run some more until I drag them through a mine/drone field and/or some waiting gunships. Getting an AFK message for this is stupid as well.

Speaking of which, this "You are now AFK" feature needs to be tweaked. I mean seriously, the other day in a TDM I was chasing and chasing this gunship and finally when he ran out of engines I launched a torpedo and got the "You are now AFK" message but then when it hit and killed him said "You are once again contributing". How stupid is this?

I heard once you get that message its too late, you already get a big reduction in req for the whole match even if it was just for a second.

I also get it frequently when being chased. In some matches if you score a quick 5 kills or so you get a lot of people that start raging for you and I like to run, run, and run some more until I drag them through a mine/drone field and/or some waiting gunships. Getting an AFK message for this is stupid as well.

Yeah, that needs work as well. On a Pike, it sometimes takes time go from a kill to the next when you chase down a gunship.

That`s when you have to wait it out just outside the range of fire and let them get noncontributing cause that way they would have to fly away from the ship and attack someone.

This is a joke, right?

Cause by the time they get noncontributing, so will you.

10 TDMs today, same story in every single one. Half the team picks gunship and never go far form cap ship, lets the non-gs pilots get slaughtered and just wait for our side to reach them, then the peekaboo with the cap ship begins. I'm actually so disgusted with this, that I'm done with GSF and TOR entirely until something is done.

EDIT: Ok, that was a slight exaggeration due to frustration, half the team didn't pick gunships at the start but every match I was in, they kept huggin the capital ship from the get go, intentionally.

Edited by Jandi

so you pick a gunship yourself and snipe them, if you can't get the kills otherwise. still don't see a problem.

cap ship was important in 2 matches of mine yesterday. one time the imps definitely needed some backup, they got around 10 kills out of the cap ship turrets before we were done with them. the second time I was thankful for the extra muscle because we got farmed pretty hard.

in short cap ships are a rebalancer in really, really one-sided deathmatches.

I am pretty new to this still, but if I can figure out a counter to the admittedly lame strategy of constant cap ship hugging, so can you.

so you pick a gunship yourself and snipe them, if you can't get the kills otherwise. still don't see a problem.

They now have five gunships ready to snipe down any of your gunships that get in range, and can hold a charge as they see you approach.

Cap ships aren't a problem when one side is losing badly enough that they get pushed back to their spawn. They're annoying and exploitable, but not a problem.

Cap ships are a problem when the winning team turtles for time so they don't have to risk losing an otherwise close match.

Cap ships are a problem when the winning team turtles for time so they don't have to risk losing an otherwise close match.

This is the only problem, and it should be addressed in a way that doesn't mess with cap ships, or people at them. Note that this score exploit (basically) is super rare.

That's not relevant at all.

Don`t know about you but when I lose at something that I think is a cheap trick then really the ones using said cheap trick are the real losers. But if you get upset about it to the point where you make a post or start a thread about it then they won more than just a game.