Take bolster out. Fix Targeting system.

Xeyiuqt

The bolster stat is ********. It's the only thing that bothers me in this game so much. (Well, that and the terrible targeting system) The point of PvP is that Skill should dominate (Along with some help from gear.) It's ridiculous to See a Lv. 35 Sith Warrior have an even match with a Lv.10 Trooper or something. It takes the whole point out of PVP. Remove these Bolster stats and create a Bracket system, without the ******** stat buff. 10-19, 20-29, Etc.

I'm sure everyone would agree with this. Remove the stat buff. Create brackets. Fix the targeting system. Kthx.

The bolster stat is ********. It's the only thing that bothers me in this game so much. (Well, that and the terrible targeting system) The point of PvP is that Skill should dominate (Along with some help from gear.) It's ridiculous to See a Lv. 35 Sith Warrior have an even match with a Lv.10 Trooper or something. It takes the whole point out of PVP. Remove these Bolster stats and create a Bracket system, without the ******** stat buff. 10-19, 20-29, Etc.

I'm sure everyone would agree with this. Remove the stat buff. Create brackets. Fix the targeting system. Kthx.

if a 35 sith lost to a 10 trooper than they kinda suck. Bolstering helps with damage and health but you are still lacking skills and abilities.

The reason it is in game right now is to get games going. There simply aren't enough players to have a bracket system unless you want 30+ minute queues and likely nothing but hutball. Population has to go up before a bracket system can be put in place.

Edited by Dystopic

I agree, but in reverse, its painful for a lvl 10 to go against a lvl 30. the lvl 10 with just get CCed and destroyed without ever having a figthing chance, no CC nor antiCC of his own.

create brakets and give us cross server scenarios and voila, balanced matches which pop instantly, even in underpopulated servers.

dear BioWare, in this age not having cross server scenarios is just sad.

I agree, but in reverse, its painful for a lvl 10 to go against a lvl 30. the lvl 10 with just get CCed and destroyed without ever having a figthing chance, no CC nor antiCC of his own.

create brakets and give us cross server scenarios and voila, balanced matches which pop instantly, even in underpopulated servers.

The did the no cross server thing on purpose, they already said they'll add it in if they need to but they don't want to. The reasoning behind it is to create a PVP community with rivalries and familiar faces. That doesn't happen when every server queues together.

I do think there is a middle ground though if they went with battlegroups like WOW used to have. Throwing a handful of servers together and giving them a dedicated forum could work.

Edited by Dystopic

I think the point of bolster is to make Skill matter and not level....

and as you think gear should matter in PVP, your opinion counts for very little.

Having cross server scenarios is a bad idea and takes away getting to know other players on your server, establishing rivalries and things like that. It takes any sort of emotional investment out of PvP and opens the door for anyone to scream and behave like a spoiled brat because they'll never have to face consequences for their actions.

Just curious - doesn't allowing a level 35 Sith to fight a level 10 trooper do *exactly* what you want - to allow skill matter more than anything?

The sith in this case does have some advantages (talents/abilities that come with being a higher level) - but the lower levels DO have a chance to beat the higher levels, especially if they are skilled.

The did the no cross server thing on purpose, they already said they'll add it in if they need to but they don't want to. The reasoning behind it is to create a PVP community with rivalries and familiar faces. That doesn't happen when every server queues together.

Having cross server scenarios is a bad idea and takes away getting to know other players on your server, establishing rivalries and things like that. It takes any sort of emotional investment out of PvP and opens the door for anyone to scream and behave like a spoiled brat because they'll never have to face consequences for their actions.

I can see that, but it has just never worked.

scenarios on itself are about instant gratification, a quick "blow up some frustration" thing, scenarios are fast food, consume and forget, 10 seconds after it finished people dont really care whether they won or lost, they simply requeue.

rivalries take place in world PvP with persistant objetives, something tangible that will stay there after you are done, that it hurts and embarrass you to lose, that you love to rub on the loser's face when you win...because its there for everybody to see.

I could almost understand keeping the premade queue server only, as its a good way for the server guilds to create some personal rivalries and show some epeen.

but the pug queue? no reason at all

Edited by blackcerberus

Ok, so being put on more or less equal ground takes away from PvP according to you.

I have nothing to add besides a friendly advise: Go back to ganking lowbies on your undead rogue already.

The bolster stat is ********. It's the only thing that bothers me in this game so much. (Well, that and the terrible targeting system) The point of PvP is that Skill should dominate (Along with some help from gear.) It's ridiculous to See a Lv. 35 Sith Warrior dominate a Lv.10 Trooper or something. It takes the whole point out of PVP. Remove these Bolster stats and create a Bracket system, without the ******** stat buff. 10-19, 20-29, Etc.

Fixed it for ya.

Ok, so being put on more or less equal ground takes away from PvP according to you.

I have nothing to add besides a friendly advise: Go back to ganking lowbies on your undead rogue already.

you got it all wrong. the bolster doesnt put you on equal ground, more like the other way around.

its just a quick and lazy way to avoid bringing cross server scenarios (technologically much harder to implement) while still keeping a fair rate of popups. the only thing that suffers is the balance.

If you think a level 10 trooper is a match for a 35 warrior, even when bolstered... you have some serious "skill" problems.

I would hope that bracketing would be in after launch and populations increase, if only for the comparable ability ranges.

Other than that, I have no idea what OP is talking about. Bolster allows lower levels to have at least a chance of contributing to team based objective pvp.

Sounds as if OP is complaining that lower level players don't just die in 2 hits.

you got it all wrong. the bolster doesnt put you on equal ground, more like the other way around.

its just a quick and lazy way to avoid bringing cross server scenarios (technologically much harder to implement) while still keeping a fair rate of popups. the only thing that suffers is the balance.

Compared to twink imbalances in bracketed PvP?

Honestly, it's all about the same. At least w/ bolstering you don't have guys gaming the system to get an unfair advantage.

Compared to twink imbalances in bracketed PvP?

Honestly, it's all about the same. At least w/ bolstering you don't have guys gaming the system to get an unfair advantage.

twinks arent much of an issue in a game without xp-off, eventually they outlevel their bracket and move up where they are bottom of the barrel again.

Translation of the OP:

Omg Blizzar..I mean Bioware! Make the game more like WoW and add an identical PvP system! I also want to be able to demolish all lesser levels in 2 hits and sit at the bracket cap farming pvp tokens and valor.

The Bolster mechanic is amazing. With one fairly awesome mechanic, Bioware have levelled out the pre-max level PvP world to something fair and playable for all.

Also note that PvP encounters are OBJECTIVE-BASED. Nobody really cares if you got your *** handed to you by some level 10's - WoW is ---------------------> thataway

Sure it won't. lvl 10 will still be a free kill, but a free kill that will bite you back.

I can see that, but it has just never worked.

scenarios on itself are about instant gratification, a quick "blow up some frustration" thing, scenarios are fast food, consume and forget, 10 seconds after it finished people dont really care whether they won or lost, they simply requeue.

I disagree. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I disagree. You're stating your opinion as if it is the only one and is shared by the entire community.

And it has worked. In every MMO I've played where they didn't have, or before they had, cross server PvP queues, there WAS a community. You would end up running into the same faces day in and day out. It forced people to strategize if they wanted to win because the enemy just stomped your usual MO method, in my experience. It was fun to run into someone you knew was good in PvP and beat them. Although, I will admit there were times when you ran up against the "best team" and people would give up before they started too.

The "hit it and quit it" mentality for WFs/BGs/WZs didn't start until after cross-realms were introduced and became the norm in MMOs. And I believe those were only started to correct individual server population imbalances which caused BG queues to be disgustingly long. The problem with doing that in TOR is that the balance is the same across the board: Sith currently outnumber Republic everywhere. I'm guessing after release that may balance out some. So the bolster system would still need to be in place to keep queue times at a "fair rate." Thus gaining nothing and hindering any community growth on the PvP front.

its just a quick and lazy way to avoid bringing cross server scenarios (technologically much harder to implement) while still keeping a fair rate of popups.

You might be right that it's quick. But not necessarily lazy. Or it could be that BW has stated repeatedly they do not want a xrealm queue option as it does ruin the community on a server.

I love this, i already have a few rivals.

NINJABUNNY!!!!!!!!!! I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Edited by Complecs