Anyone else think... spoilers

TitusOfTides

Quite easy the emperor turned the PC into a child of the emperor they note to be turned into one you just have to be bought before him and if you kneel he does some ritual on you. Well the ritual happens either if you bow or not so yeah.

Someone bought forth that theory and after seeing the kneel cut scene it makes sense and the fact that you can wield his power as well. Plus Vaylin notes their dad has a new "favorite".

I do think the PC is the fourth child. If we knew what Nahut symbolizes that would help but rage easily is Vaylin, Passion is Thexan and Envy is Arcann. Plus the way Senya treats you and her personality is quite eeer "Motherly"

well i suppose that could be how it goes. The player could be Nahut and that is why he isn't given a symbol, since we "choose our own path". Having 1 symbol for Nahut could mess with that dynamic.

Heres something I just came across

Heralds of Zildrog Codex: Stories of the dragon Zildrog predate Izax’s pantheon. In the earliest legends, Zildrog was a guiding mentor who tested the strength of a warrior’s spirit. A fallen warrior would be consumed by the dragon, feeding its everlasting power. However, a victorious warrior was rewarded with the Breath of the Dragon. This boon imbued a soul with burning fire, lighting the way to a fortuitous future. During the height of the Old Ways, Zildrog was one of Izax’s many forms–a terrible beast that brought only death.

the bold sounds a lot like Zildrog = Vitiate

Heres something I just came across

Heralds of Zildrog Codex: Stories of the dragon Zildrog predate Izax’s pantheon. In the earliest legends, Zildrog was a guiding mentor who tested the strength of a warrior’s spirit. A fallen warrior would be consumed by the dragon, feeding its everlasting power. However, a victorious warrior was rewarded with the Breath of the Dragon. This boon imbued a soul with burning fire, lighting the way to a fortuitous future. During the height of the Old Ways, Zildrog was one of Izax’s many forms–a terrible beast that brought only death.

the bold sounds a lot like Zildrog = Vitiate

I saw that codex before! However, it's only now that I can see how it fits! That is precisely the relationship your "Outlander" has with Valk/Vit! Using Valk's power too much could lead to your toon getting consumed. While relying on your own power will lead to a reward from Valk/Vit (or perhaps it's the other way?)

• 4 weeks later...
I saw that codex before! However, it's only now that I can see how it fits! That is precisely the relationship your "Outlander" has with Valk/Vit! Using Valk's power too much could lead to your toon getting consumed. While relying on your own power will lead to a reward from Valk/Vit (or perhaps it's the other way?)

Logically; you win if you use his power, if you don't;

A) Lana almost gets killed, not your victory.

B) Victory regardless of your action.

C) Loss if you fail to accept his gift.

If anything, the fallen warrior=the one that refuses his power, and hence the ones refusing should be deoured.

Of course, I don't think any of our characters will be devoured, but yeah

There may be some merit to the theory of the Outlander being the representation of Nahut for the Zarkuulans.

Nahut, reviled as the Hated Son, was one of the six primary Old Gods, the deities worshiped by the people of the planet Zakuul prior to Valkorion's ascension to Immortal Emperor. One of the four children of Izax and Scyva, Nahut was considered to be gray, formless and cold, and was denied worship by all except his mother Scyva. The Old Ways taught that Zakuulans should not follow Nahut into darkness, but should instead "light the way" to bring Nahut home.(Source: Wookieepedia)

Thus we may be the fourth child of Valkorion given his penchant for merry body-hopping.

Or through him infusing the PC with his power wether you submit willingly or get it when he blows up.

Maybe we're the fourth child.

So our character should be called "Mark"?

(This is a reference. The key to understanding it is the phrase "Emperor's child", combined with twelve Swords.)

If that's still too indirect for you, try searching for "Book of Swords". or Fred Saberhagen.