Shinarika II - Shadow PvP

Xinika

http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=2439

(old republic movies)

Jedi Shadow PvP

Watchmen

The Corsair

Specs used:

31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bcrkkrskrsZZf0cM.1)

0/31/10 "Infiltration burst" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZhGbRkhrbtzZf0cM.1)

Notes:

Welcome! This is the second entry to a new saga of Shadow PvP. This video features mainly Kinetic Combat as the primary spec. I have to admit, KC is just far superior in PvP than infiltration or balance could ever hope to offer. I'm not really proud to say that, as I have a soft spot for infiltration. However, I must be realistic and face the facts. KC offers such great utility and group assistance. It's also quite tanky and you don't have to shy away from using guard now! Overall, not only will the spec attain more medals, but you will be helping your team far more than you can imagine.

I would hope Infiltration receives some love in the future. The damage is just about 'okay' for the rather weak survivability and utility it offers. Don't be fooled by big numbers. In competitive group PvP, they are meaningless. A shout out to Watchmen and Light Tempest! Along with all the loveable imps on The Corsair and that silly Konichiwa who needs to reroll!

Track List:

Richard Wagner - Ride of Valkyries

The 5.6.7.8's - The Barracuda

Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place

Metric - Black Sheep

Zelazowa - Numbers

Thomas Tantrum - Rage Against The Tantrum

Tools used:

PSI

Shinarika

Sony Vegas

Fraps

Tiso

Artmar

Original Shinarika vid, which is mainly infiltration can be seen here:

Edited by Xinika

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I do plan on making more :). Already have some nice clips for the 3rd.

what sort of gear are you sporting? :) You got good damage all around.

I have gear ranging from stalker to force master mixture. I use the tank offhand when I'm KC of course. Willpower is 1602 with 2/5 BM main pieces.

Edited by Xinika

I would hope Infiltration receives some love in the future. The damage is just about 'okay' for the rather weak survivability and utility it offers. Don't be fooled by big numbers. In competitive group PvP, they are meaningless.

Don't know that I'd agree with that... certainly not based off of this video at any rate. I see several imps in Centurion or worse, some lacking pvp weps altogether. And almost everyone you fought wasted their CC breaker on spinning kick (including inf shadow ~5:30... really???) if they bothered using it at all.

Not really a knock on you but it seems like no one in that video had any idea how to deal with a KC build. Especially the other Sins/Shadows...

Between Force Shroud, Spike(or Low Slash if Inf/Dec) Electrocute/Force Stun etc, it should really be almost impossible to get a fully channeled TK/FL off in a mirror fight. If they blanket with Force Shroud like you do, Force Cloak.

It was a well played vid, but I think you're overselling the spec based on some really subpar competition. In coordinated groups, especially with a tank guard swapping, Inf/Dec is more than viable imo.

Don't know that I'd agree with that... certainly not based off of this video at any rate. I see several imps in Centurion or worse, some lacking pvp weps altogether. And almost everyone you fought wasted their CC breaker on spinning kick (including inf shadow ~5:30... really???) if they bothered using it at all.

Not really a knock on you but it seems like no one in that video had any idea how to deal with a KC build. Especially the other Sins/Shadows...

Between Force Shroud, Spike(or Low Slash if Inf/Dec) Electrocute/Force Stun etc, it should really be almost impossible to get a fully channeled TK/FL off in a mirror fight. If they blanket with Force Shroud like you do, Force Cloak.

It was a well played vid, but I think you're overselling the spec based on some really subpar competition. In coordinated groups, especially with a tank guard swapping, Inf/Dec is more than viable imo.

I strongly disagree. Not only does it have possibly the worst survivability in game, Inf/Dec only brings one thing to the table: Damage. Thats it. Sure, you can taunt but how useful is that when it's on CD? Not to mention, in prolonged fights, Inf/dec loses it's flavour even quicker due to it's lack of on-demand burst.

KC brings:

5% less dmg to all enemies in radius

5% less accuracy

30% slowed movement speed

Stable DPS

Taunts

Guard <---

Force Pull <---

That is far more utility than simple bursting. I've had my TK interrupted and my healing severed, but between the low amount of damage I take and the tools I have to rid myself of incoming damage, it's really not even a big deal. Not to mention, force potency/recklessness allows you to use it from 30 yards. (That is why I was range kiting.)

Inf/Dec has no chance against KC 1v1. Not even if the inf opens up on the KC with roughly 50%, pops all his/her cds timely and has their interrupts on perfect schedule.

Edited by Xinika

I have gear ranging from stalker to force master mixture. I use the tank offhand when I'm KC of course. Willpower is 1602 with 2/5 BM main pieces.

I could really use your opinion (or anyone else too). I'm mostly Champ gear with BM implants and Bracers. My damage stats are:

Damage: 705 - 886

Bonus Damage: 341

Accuracy: 97.7%

Crit Chance: 33%

Crit Multiplier: 70%

Expertise: 620

I've taken all the Stalker gear, but I'm only at 1340 Willpower. I'd love to have the 1602 Willpower you have, but I'm not exactly sure how to get there. Even with all the remaining BM gear, I'm not sure I could get there. Did you substitute any PVE gear and sacrifice Expertise?

Edited by thefishdude

(SWTOR movies to be released later this week)

Jedi Shadow PvP

Watchmen

The Corsair

Specs used:

31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bcrkkrskrsZZf0cM.1)

0/31/10 "Infiltration burst" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZhGbRkhrbtzZf0cM.1)

Notes:

Welcome! This is the second entry to a new saga of Shadow PvP. This video features mainly Kinetic Combat as the primary spec. I have to admit, KC is just far superior in PvP than infiltration or balance could ever hope to offer. I'm not really proud to say that, as I have a soft spot for infiltration. However, I must be realistic and face the facts. KC offers such great utility and group assistance. It's also quite tanky and you don't have to shy away from using guard now! Overall, not only will the spec attain more medals, but you will be helping your team far more than you can imagine.

I would hope Infiltration receives some love in the future. The damage is just about 'okay' for the rather weak survivability and utility it offers. Don't be fooled by big numbers. In competitive group PvP, they are meaningless. A shout out to Watchmen and Light Tempest! Along with all the loveable imps on The Corsair and that silly Konichiwa who needs to reroll!

Track List:

Richard Wagner - Ride of Valkyries

The 5.6.7.8's - The Barracuda

Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place

Metric - Black Sheep

Zelazowa - Numbers

Thomas Tantrum - Rage Against The Tantrum

Tools used:

PSI

Shinarika

Sony Vegas

Fraps

Tiso

Artmar

Original Shinarika vid, which is mainly infiltration can be seen here:

You REALLY have to split these videos into two since you're using 2 vastly different specs. Makes the video unwatchable for me, I can't learn a thing.

I strongly disagree. Not only does it have possibly the worst survivability in game, Inf/Dec only brings one thing to the table: Damage. Thats it. Sure, you can taunt but how useful is that when it's on CD? Not to mention, in prolonged fights, Inf/dec loses it's flavour even quicker due to it's lack of on-demand burst.

KC brings:

5% less dmg to all enemies in radius

5% less accuracy

30% slowed movement speed

Stable DPS

Taunts

Guard <---

Force Pull <---

Oh I don't disagree that our tank tree brings a ton of utility. I actually play a Darkness/Madness "hybrid" myself, but to say Dec/Inf builds are inconsequential in competitive teamplay is overstating things imo. I actually premade with a Dec specced friend of mine quite a bit and as I'm sure you know, the raw single target pressure of that spec is nasty. A heal debuff is all they really need to be brought on par with Maras imo.

Inf/Dec has no chance against KC 1v1. Not even if the inf opens up on the KC with roughly 50%, pops all his/her cds timely and has their interrupts on perfect schedule.
Honestly, I haven't found 31 KC/Darkness builds to be difficult to deal with at all 1v1 vs other BMs, and my spec plays fairly similarly to Dec. I mean replace force breach with Deathfield and Low Slash with Spike and the rotations look fairly similar. If you know the spec, you can see the big lightnings/TKs coming a mile away, just like gimmicky Smash Jugs.

That duel with the smuggler in your vid for instance, was turned around by a huge TK throw that he tried to kite off (?) when he could've just vanished had he managed his CDs better.

I think with the Shadow/Sin changes still being fairly new, most people just haven't come up with counter strats yet. But that will change once ranked WZs roll around.

Edited by SenatorPalpaTANG

Oh I don't disagree that our tank tree brings a ton of utility. I actually play a Darkness/Madness "hybrid" myself, but to say Dec/Inf builds are inconsequential in competitive teamplay is overstating things imo. I actually premade with a Dec specced friend of mine quite a bit and as I'm sure you know, the raw single target pressure of that spec is nasty. A heal debuff is all they really need to be brought on par with Maras imo.

Honestly, I haven't found 31 KC/Darkness builds to be difficult to deal with at all 1v1 vs other BMs, and my spec plays fairly similarly to Dec. I mean replace force breach with Deathfield and Low Slash with Spike and the rotations look fairly similar. If you know the spec, you can see the big lightnings/TKs coming a mile away, just like gimmicky Smash Jugs.

That duel with the smuggler in your vid for instance, was turned around by a huge TK throw that he tried to kite off (?) when he could've just vanished had he managed his CDs better.

I think with the Shadow/Sin changes still being fairly new, most people just haven't come up with counter strats yet. But that will change once ranked WZs roll around.

He used vanish already. That wasn't a showcase of the entire fight. As a matter of fact, I was still getting used to the spec myself at that point in time. Relying on TK too much actually. Now that I'm understanding the flaws of the spec, I've been improving. Again, even with the right counters, infiltration really can't stand up to this spec. I do see your point about people learning about this spec but I still find it far more viable for group and rated combat.

I liked the video but what I dislike is the fact that you don't show your opponent's healthbar which means they could just as well be fresh 50s without pvp gear and you show only highlights of those.

This clearly isn't the case in the entire video, so let's get that out of the way, but the 5k+ crits etc at the start might make people who wanna learn, or are new to shadow, think that they can do it on anyone, when they really can't.

I do agree with KC > Infi though. It's not even fair.

Edited by stevesetoe

That was a fun vid shinarika, but could you give a little more detail on the gear you re using? for example you have the stalker or survivors BM saber? what are your stats except willpower(crit,surge etc) so i can figure out how will i have to gear myself if i m to be having this performance as KC. Thanks in advance

Great video, if i can ask mind listing your rotation and what skills you have on bar 1 & 2. I see some fimilar skills but only 25 atm so i am find that I have a full bar(s) of junk skills. Also I don't know a lot of those skills just because I haven't got them yet.

Any information would be appricated.

I could really use your opinion (or anyone else too). I'm mostly Champ gear with BM implants and Bracers. My damage stats are:

Damage: 705 - 886

Bonus Damage: 341

Accuracy: 97.7%

Crit Chance: 33%

Crit Multiplier: 70%

Expertise: 620

I've taken all the Stalker gear, but I'm only at 1340 Willpower. I'd love to have the 1602 Willpower you have, but I'm not exactly sure how to get there. Even with all the remaining BM gear, I'm not sure I could get there. Did you substitute any PVE gear and sacrifice Expertise?

Yes I did. Expertise past 10% hits a soft cap so anything past that is minimal at best. This is another reason, in addition to the horrendous itemization of accuracy, that BM gear is just plain awful. You're going to have to mix-match mods from several other sets.

That was a fun vid shinarika, but could you give a little more detail on the gear you re using? for example you have the stalker or survivors BM saber? what are your stats except willpower(crit,surge etc) so i can figure out how will i have to gear myself if i m to be having this performance as KC. Thanks in advance

I have 4 piece stalker, force-master columni gloves, stalker BM saber.

My stats are as KC:

90% Accuracy

28% Crit Chance

76% Crit Multiplier

624 Bonus Force Damage/ 386 Melee Bonus Damage/ 215 Healing Bonus

591 Expertise

Great video, if i can ask mind listing your rotation and what skills you have on bar 1 & 2. I see some fimilar skills but only 25 atm so i am find that I have a full bar(s) of junk skills. Also I don't know a lot of those skills just because I haven't got them yet.

Any information would be appricated.

1 is binded to Attack Next Target.

2 is binded to project.

X is binded to Slow Time.

F throughout the vid is used between double strike or telekentic throw. (Currently is F atm)

A-1 is my current binding for telekentic throw.

A3 is Force Potency, A2 is trinket and just ask me what else you need to know. (I have alot of binds!)

Really nice video, enjoyed watching that. Showcases all the things I like about my shadow, I am glad I decided to shelve my sage and re-roll as a shadow, just wished I had done it from the start, I'd probably be well into War Hero by now.

Hey,

So I tank with my Guardian, when you PvP are you tank based or just tank spec with DPS gear?

I too like alot of utility, but at the same time I have a full tanked, and decked out Guardian for pure tanking.

Nice vids btw.

TH

For 40 levels have I been bowing to Infiltration and loving it, without a second of doubt.

I watched your videos.

The doubt has come.

Damn you.

I too served Infiltration and eventually my eyes were opened too.

Hey,

So I tank with my Guardian, when you PvP are you tank based or just tank spec with DPS gear?

I too like alot of utility, but at the same time I have a full tanked, and decked out Guardian for pure tanking.

Nice vids btw.

TH

I'm using DPS gear with a tank off hand during this spec.