Reset Companion Conversations

I'd like to see an option to reset companion conversations. Using a reset would put you back at the point where you just picked them up but haven't spoken to them yet. That way if you "messed up" a conversation, would like to replay it, or would like to try out different options, you could do that.

It would also provide a way for companion stories to be changed retroactively in the future without leaving out level 50s. Change the companion mission/conversation and provide a free reset with any subsequent resets being cartel options. This would work well for cases such as including SGRAs for current companions or expanding a current "I'm going to do this/I'm back" mission to an actual "let's go do this together" mission.

Edited by iamthehoyden

• 5 months later...
Im cool with companion reset but why stop there? Why not just let us go through (replay) our story with the same character? I think it would be really fun since we would have all our abilities unlocked and we would actually know how to play the class at that point.

• 3 months later...
^ Absolutely in support of this. For people who invest hours, upon hours of gameplay time into their characters this just seems like a very small thing to implement. Many players including myself tend to use the Esc Key during conversations to explore different options but sometimes the conversations will end abruptly , leaving you with a choice you didn't intend on. This can and has resulted in some disastrous, unchangeable choices that myself and other players didn't intend on. People have accidentally killed romance arcs this way. I really hope a reset option is implemented soon.

• 1 year later...

I don't think the devs need to implement this.

The Esc key is all that's needed to explore all the possible options in a conversation.

Make your choices wisely and you won't feel the need to have the consequences undone.

Edited by JediRelentless

I don't think the devs need to implement this.

The Esc key is all that's needed to explore all the possible options in a conversation.

Make your choices wisely and you won't feel the need to have the consequences undone.

Um, no, because seven months later you may want to talk to the guy again, and Escape key only allows you to reset one conversation.

Um, no, because seven months later you may want to talk to the guy again, and Escape key only allows you to reset one conversation.

Being able to undo the consequences of your decisions/actions feels very un-Star Wars to me. It feels very unrealistic to me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
since the companion downgrade I tried giving my female companions who were all romanced prior to KOTFE courting gifts and got a whopping 0 affection I think the Devs need to reconsider their actions

IMHO the whole matter of companions and the abilities to interact with them has all but died. ( NOT GOOD AT ALL !!! )

Let's face it: we can't even change their wardrobe (that's a BIG negative).

How many threads have been started with an overwhelming support from most of the community to be able to customize the appearance of our companions. Believe it or not I can see the desire to not have those appearances alter the skill, abilities or other similar items that could reek havoc with a LOT of line code but changing appearances should be that big a deal.

BACK TO topic: resetting conversations could have a number of implications in the story line: which could be a problem... I do think that there should be more than one opportunity to "make things right" if a player knows that a discussion has messed things up.

Let's face it in RL most of us would try to "right" something if we wanted to bad enough.... soooo why not see something in a story line that would have more than one opportunity to "fix" something OR maybe to reassure a decision that has been made.

Yeah .. I know probably a bit complicated in one respect. but easier to make happen from a programming stand point than a "reset".

just my $.02 worth

since the companion downgrade I tried giving my female companions who were all romanced prior to KOTFE courting gifts and got a whopping 0 affection I think the Devs need to reconsider their actions

Courting gifts are bugged, since 4.0 came out. Some companions always gained affection, and they still gain influence (all companions gain zero affection from all gift types, because gifts give Influence now :rak_01:).

There is a list somewhere but off the top of my head, it definitely includes:

* Vette

* Talos

* M1-4X

* Nico Okarr

* Doc

* (...)

But no romanced companion gains from courting gifts unless they are on the full version of the list above, and even they get the same whether or not they are romanced.

Let's face it: we can't even change their wardrobe (that's a BIG negative).

That's only the new KotFE companions, Lana, Theron, Koth, Senya, and all the various ones added for the Star Fortress alerts and such. Returning classic companions are still able to be dressed how you like, even if they are for a different class. My Commando dressed Kaliyo in regulation Havoc Squad gear. (Black/Deep Red BBA Bounty Tracker gear, duh.)

That's only the new KotFE companions, Lana, Theron, Koth, Senya, and all the various ones added for the Star Fortress alerts and such. Returning classic companions are still able to be dressed how you like, even if they are for a different class. My Commando dressed Kaliyo in regulation Havoc Squad gear. (Black/Deep Red BBA Bounty Tracker gear, duh.)

You're right. I failed to be very specific and list the exact characters. My bad ! Just the same they are not available to change their appearance. Point is: they should be.

Granted that up to and including chapter 9 they are in a "closed" story line so to speak ... but after that option should be available for those who would like to do so.

Back to topic:

Over all there simply is not enough companion conversation in the KotFE. And why it might not be possible to "reset it" ... it would be good to have other opportunities to redirect some decisions that were already made (or perhaps to reinforce them) ..,

• 3 months later...
Being able to undo the consequences of your decisions/actions feels very un-Star Wars to me. It feels very unrealistic to me.

Considering we're running around with aliens and space ships with energy weapons, I think the definition of unrealistic's already pretty stretched.

I'm all for an option to redo dialog choices, but then I have cats who like to play with the keyboard when I'm at the computer.

but then I have cats who like to play with the keyboard when I'm at the computer.

Put together an old 485 with windows 3.1, download a copy of Catz, and let them have at it.

I kid you not. They'll sit there for hours.

I have to admit that this is the main reason why I lookup the missions for affection choices. I don;t want to screw something up.

Edited by dr_mike

^ Absolutely in support of this. For people who invest hours, upon hours of gameplay time into their characters this just seems like a very small thing to implement. Many players including myself tend to use the Esc Key during conversations to explore different options but sometimes the conversations will end abruptly , leaving you with a choice you didn't intend on. This can and has resulted in some disastrous, unchangeable choices that myself and other players didn't intend on. People have accidentally killed romance arcs this way. I really hope a reset option is implemented soon.

I'm gagging just thinking of a wookiee romance scene.:eek:

• 1 year later...
Reviving, this needs to be added, I dont see how this is not an option yet, you have to freaking replay the story if you want to see the conversations again, that is just ridiculous :(

Why does this *need* to be added? I mean, I get that people would like it to be added, but I don't see any *need* for it from the game's point of view.

At least in part, it hasn't been added because the old class-story stuff is a tangled mess of tangledness, and modifying such things is a strong source of bugs.

And I have a question for you: would you prefer them to work on new content or on unnecessary ways to access very old content?