Ashara Zavros - dark side?

Tenacity

When I played my sith sorceress, Ashara absolutely hated me because I chose all darkside options (most of the time, anyways). That was probably 3-4 years ago though.

I've been hearing from people in general chat that she can actually be converted now, is that true? I'm working on an assassin at the moment and hoping I can romance her this time around (sorceress was female, assassin is male).

It never made sense to me that, despite the fact the inquisitor is based on palpatine and should be an absolute master of manipulation, we werent able to turn one lowly padawan to the dark side.

Not like say Jaesa. When recruiting her you can see her "give in" to the dark side but it doesn't change the quest, nor the character.

She is more greyish than the average light side companion, some dark side choice gets approval from her, but if you choose to murder someone for fun she won't like.

Altough since KoTFE you still gain influence for a disapprove, just less than an approval.

Some people say it was in the plan but got scrapped in the game, for whatever reason (I suspect time or they ran into a snag). I'd guess so as well from the recruiting dialogs.

By the time you finish KOTET you get an Alliance Recruitment for Ashara if you're a Sith Inquisitor. However she hasn't fallen to the Dark Side instead being more around the gray area of force users, she sees both Jedi and Sith as a flawed philosophy and even says so in the mail she sends to you if you've romanced her in the vanilla game. She was also really mature and grown even in 2 minutes they've managed to make her from an annoying hypocrite who runs with a Sith Lord yet considers herself a Jedi to someone who merely wishes to do good where she can regardless of her own ideology.

• 3 weeks later...
By the time you finish KOTET you get an Alliance Recruitment for Ashara if you're a Sith Inquisitor. However she hasn't fallen to the Dark Side instead being more around the gray area of force users, she sees both Jedi and Sith as a flawed philosophy and even says so in the mail she sends to you if you've romanced her in the vanilla game. She was also really mature and grown even in 2 minutes they've managed to make her from an annoying hypocrite who runs with a Sith Lord yet considers herself a Jedi to someone who merely wishes to do good where she can regardless of her own ideology.

Agreed, her hypocrisy is aggravating. Particularly as she doesn't sound heartfelt about anything.

She is the worst written companion, and romancing her just feels sad. Even her summoning dialogue, "Don't make me go against my teachings." Seriously? Okay, well, since you're here we're gonna wipe out these Jedi here on Nar Shaddaa, is that good with your teachings.

Her reunion scene after KOTFE was so bad I rolled a new SI to be my main and have him romance Lana.

Agreed, her hypocrisy is aggravating. Particularly as she doesn't sound heartfelt about anything.

She is the worst written companion, and romancing her just feels sad. Even her summoning dialogue, "Don't make me go against my teachings." Seriously? Okay, well, since you're here we're gonna wipe out these Jedi here on Nar Shaddaa, is that good with your teachings.

Her reunion scene after KOTFE was so bad I rolled a new SI to be my main and have him romance Lana.

I can see why they wanted to write her the way they did but I just think in vanilla game they could've done a better job.

I disagree, I actually felt tempted to return to romance her, in a few minutes she was shown to be way more mature than the naive Padawan I met all those years ago. The only reason I kept with Lana was my legacy canon built around her and my character spawning a short-lived dynasty and I wasn't feeling in the mood to retcon all that. Plus I Had another character keep up the romance if I recall.

• 1 month later...
I agree, I think the reunion scene was actually pretty good. It gives you a true sense of the kind of changes people can make over relatively short periods of time, especially when confronted with grim circumstances. It was probably a little too brief but I think they made the best of the time they invested in that little dialogue.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
wait, what? First i've heard about this.

It's part of the storyline missions.

If my memory is certain, it comes up when you're talking to your contact about how to sway 'The Padawan', one of the options is basically to put her in danger and come to her rescue to make yourself look good. The contact mentions that another Sith Lord has forces on the planet searching for an ancient holocron, if you find it then you could bargain with them to use those forces for your own purposes.

Then, after saving Ashara from them, you can convince her to kill the last survivor under the guise of 'if you don't, then they'll keep coming back to try again and again', causing her to be more open to the Dark Side, even though she still calls herself and tries to act like a Jedi. The Sith Lord, sidenote, sends you a very annoyed holocall about betraying them by killing their forces.