Sages in God mode

Gatovillano

I believe that this game used to be very balanced, but due to the pvp. Other games in the pass, like world of warcratf, have suffered the same problems. It is true that hackers are a big issue: sages using evasion and going invisible: transparent powertechs; juggernauts shooting death rays; entire teams teleporting to the other side of the map; and lets not forget, players immuned to damage.

But a main issue is also the sages and sorcerers. World of warcraft made a big mistake by buffing up the warlocks to a point where 1 warlock could easily solo an entire pvp zone. swtor is doing the same mistake with the sages. an attack should normaly burn down maybe what ... 10% or 20% of the opponants health. an the stun effect from it would hold them for 0.5 to 2 seconds.

at the moment, the sage stun you for a full 5 seconds or more, while 100% or more of your health bar is burned. and they can cast it on multuple players. this is the warlock revisited. you might as well give them god mode.

right now, lots of players are obsessed by beating them. and go suicide again and again in pvp zones swarmed by sages. while they are cursing and swearing. but after a while, they will be so upset, they will quit the game. and i dont believe swtor can loose that many subscribers. cause this thing is driving the game into the ground.

Oh, and in the futur, i would suggest you double check the ideas of the developper that creates god modes before adding the updates

I believe that this game used to be very balanced, but due to the pvp. Other games in the pass, like world of warcratf, have suffered the same problems. It is true that hackers are a big issue: sages using evasion and going invisible: transparent powertechs; juggernauts shooting death rays; entire teams teleporting to the other side of the map; and lets not forget, players immuned to damage.

But a main issue is also the sages and sorcerers. World of warcraft made a big mistake by buffing up the warlocks to a point where 1 warlock could easily solo an entire pvp zone. swtor is doing the same mistake with the sages. an attack should normaly burn down maybe what ... 10% or 20% of the opponants health. an the stun effect from it would hold them for 0.5 to 2 seconds.

at the moment, the sage stun you for a full 5 seconds or more, while 100% or more of your health bar is burned. and they can cast it on multuple players. this is the warlock revisited. you might as well give them god mode.

right now, lots of players are obsessed by beating them. and go suicide again and again in pvp zones swarmed by sages. while they are cursing and swearing. but after a while, they will be so upset, they will quit the game. and i dont believe swtor can loose that many subscribers. cause this thing is driving the game into the ground.

Oh, and in the futur, i would suggest you double check the ideas of the developper that creates god modes before adding the updates

When do I get this new ability to make people unsubscribe? That sounds really powerful.

Edited by PloGreen

When do I get this new ability to make people unsubscribe? That sounds really powerful.

I think by making a sage and throwing rocks at them, I've heard people find it insanely frustrating to see their character bent down...:p

This is a well worded, intelligent post that seriously addresses some of the main concerns we as "insert any other class but sage" have.

lol

/5char

In all seriousness though what does /5char actually mean? I've seen that a lot and haven't heard an explanation behind it. Would someone mind explaining it to me with more clarity than the OP??

This is a well worded, intelligent post that seriously addresses some of the main concerns we as "insert any other class but sage" have.

In all seriousness though what does /5char actually mean? I've seen that a lot and haven't heard an explanation behind it. Would someone mind explaining it to me with more clarity than the OP??

Try to make a post with less than 5 characters and you get an error message. The /5char is just a shorthand reference to that forum oddity.

As for the OP, lol.

Edited by Master-Nala

You need to write a minimum of 5 characters to be able to post.

And that's probably the most important issue in this whole thread.

There, I've addressed it.

The OP's issues are...funny.

New ability? Heck, you've been able to do it since release. Make an Operative, get a couple other Operative friends, and roam around in a pack stunlocking people until they unsub.

New ability? Heck, you've been able to do it since release. Make an Operative, get a couple other Operative friends, and roam around in a pack stunlocking people until they unsub.

This never gets old, still makes me chuckle.

In a sweeping change to game balance, the "Unsub Button" ability was taken from Operatives and given to Sorc/sages.

It reminds me of 1.2, when we had the proc on disturbance and telewave. I think that was the only time anyone could say sorc or sages were a bit ott, apart from the stun bubble on everyone craziness.

Now it's seems there is more qq coz more people are playing them since double xp, most of which are terrible.

Still it's s powerful ability that must be nerfed this unsub button.

Forum requires a minimum number of characters in a message to post it. /5char is used when the message they want to post isn't long enough (eg. lol).

Funny stuff really

10 stars for amusement

I play as sage on the only west coast PVP server. In unranked we get our asses handed to us the majority of the time. Gear has a lot to do with your probability of survival in WZs. You probably run into a lot of fully geared tier 2 Obroan sages who know how to mod properly for maximum effect. Also, if the sage is fully geared, has mods for damage reduction AND has a shield from guardian of course he is going to seem nearly unstoppable. Cooperation can go a long way to keep team mates alive. As for me - 1/2 tier 1 Obroan, 1/2 tier 2 Obroan - modded and specced for heals (not properly modded for effect) and I get dropped within 10 seconds of leaving the safe zone about half the time. Consecutive Stuns + interrupts + slows = quick death regardless of class. I don't believe sages are OP at all. In fact, I think that sorcerers are more OP in comparison.

He is probably playing lowbies, where up to L30, DPS Sages/Sorcs are more advanced than other classes and certainly simpler to play. They are the kings and queens of that division.

If he is L55, I really do not know what to say to him.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen