Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why d'you like Darth Marr ? (Chapter 9 spoiler)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why d'you like Darth Marr ? (Chapter 9 spoiler)

SithKoriandr
11.11.2015 , 07:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Well yes hence why both lana and Marr are still evil Lana casually commits homicide and manipulates "allies" if it will benefit the sith and the empire and marr approves when you crash his ship into another ship. As long as it destroys the enemy does not matter who else is on it and who dies. Plus he spends his time converting jedi to the dark side according to Lachris

People like these characters because well they are sith with an actual head on their shoulders instead of the many sith we encounter that only care for murder and mayhem.

They actually have vision and character hence why they are my favorites along with Traya.
Casually commits homicide?

Kill the spy in her employ? Not murder.

Kill the Zakuul who tried to kill her and the outlander, and who's also an enemy of the Empire and Republic and basically the force of the Zakuul Empire that's keeping her own Empire in chains.

This isn't to say she wouldn't commit murder, just that I can't recall a murder she's committed yet.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

lokdron
11.11.2015 , 10:23 PM | #22
Er by definition its still murder there are always better options than killing someone and lana often does not take them you can dress up and justify it all you like its murder. God I am talking like a jedi now >_<

SithKoriandr
11.11.2015 , 10:35 PM | #23
Er by definition its still murder there are always better options than killing someone and lana often does not take them you can dress up and justify it all you like its murder. God I am talking like a jedi now >_<
You don't tend to call killing those you're at war with, murder. If it was a civilian, maybe, but that was a warrior of the enemy.

The other was a spy of the enemy and seeing as how she was Minister of Sith Intelligence (the boss of the organization) having the spy killed just isn't murder.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

lokdron
11.11.2015 , 10:38 PM | #24
It is still murder in the Zakuul's knight regard. Plus she is willing to let thousands of people die when she is in the position to help. With the zakuul knight she has beaten him and took control of the situation and choking him at the same time and she wishes to kill him. With out the direct intervention of the PC she will plant the lightsaber into his chest.

Remember that zakuul are in control of the galaxy and they are the law. The zakuul knights are essentially policemen and to the civilians she is essentially a terrorist. By law of the current galaxy its murder and after meeting his partner and senya they just seem like people trying to do their jobs.

Yes the imperial committed crimes but she allowed her anger of what he did to guide her decisions in demanding his death. There is a due process going by imperial or "sith" intelligence standards. I am sure if it was keeper he would of most likely taken him in for questioning and finding out what he knows of the republic and how he did it.

Still I am surprised to this day taking him prisoner was not an option bioware and their limited options. Still I can see how you make the argument that for the agent. Its not murder since she has the authority to execute him, her being in charge and also being sith. Its still a homocide one she did not even bat an eyelid at doing and had no reservations in doing.

For sith if killing someone serves their aim or fuels their rage they will do it and woe to you if you betray them and the sith teach you to show no mercy to those who stand against you. Honestly in my opinion with the Zakuul knight it felt like she was trying to prove a point more than anything, that they are "weak" and don't know how to use their rage and the whole no mercy bit as well.

Still she is not exactly a "nice" lady she is still, well evil like all sith.

Anysao
11.12.2015 , 12:10 AM | #25
Isn't this more of a chapter 1 spoiler? And I liked him because he was a total balance of cruelty and morality… he made a fine general for the Empire.

He's also not dead for me. I have him at level 46 Influence right now.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Audoucet
11.12.2015 , 11:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Isn't this more of a chapter 1 spoiler? And I liked him because he was a total balance of cruelty and morality… he made a fine general for the Empire.

He's also not dead for me. I have him at level 46 Influence right now.
Ghost Marr friend with Satele is C9.

SithKoriandr
11.12.2015 , 12:15 PM | #27
It is still murder in the Zakuul's knight regard. Plus she is willing to let thousands of people die when she is in the position to help. With the zakuul knight she has beaten him and took control of the situation and choking him at the same time and she wishes to kill him. With out the direct intervention of the PC she will plant the lightsaber into his chest.
I guess at this point we could have had our Jedi quote Agent Gibbs a bit.

"Lana! If you were going to kill him, you should have done it while he was running!"

nimmerstil
11.12.2015 , 12:25 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You don't tend to call killing those you're at war with, murder. If it was a civilian, maybe, but that was a warrior of the enemy.
Still, he was no longer a threat, not even armed anymore, so killing him at that point could still be considered murder, even during war.

SithKoriandr
11.12.2015 , 12:35 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by nimmerstil View Post
Still, he was no longer a threat, not even armed anymore, so killing him at that point could still be considered murder, even during war.
if I was Sith (and especially if I was in charge of Sith Intelligence) I'd call it, elliminating a threat.

Jedi let those defeated live, but a Sith realizes doing that, tends to have them coming back to try and kill you later. Which is what happens.

nimmerstil
11.12.2015 , 01:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
if I was Sith (and especially if I was in charge of Sith Intelligence) I'd call it, elliminating a threat.

Jedi let those defeated live, but a Sith realizes doing that, tends to have them coming back to try and kill you later. Which is what happens.
They didn't pose a threat, they're really more an opportunity for added amusement value