Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vaylin

Tarkashae
10.28.2015 , 10:34 PM | #1
Something tells me that she is the real threat here. Even seems that Arcann tries to keep her placated.

I think she's scheming, or biding her time. She is just waiting for him to be killed so she can take the throne. Also, she reminds me of DS Jaesa.

What does anyone else think? Any theories?

Azzarr
10.29.2015 , 01:09 AM | #2
Well, she's mighty powerful, she makes Zhorrid look like a sane person, and like her father who's a bad guy her name ominously starts with a V as well.

There's still too much we don't know and Bioware did it on purpose. So that either means that she dies being unimportant real soon ( Knights get your revenge!) or Valkorion will find a way to make her the new threat.
Believe in the Force, and whenever it seems like there is no path, the Force will show you the way. Give yourself to it.. Do not use the Force, do not fight with it. Befriend it, accept it. And eventually, the Force will be your ally.

SonzeK
10.29.2015 , 04:07 AM | #3
would bang.

JourrnoRush
10.29.2015 , 04:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SonzeK View Post
would bang.
I giggled.

To the OP, I think we see Arcann and Vaylin eventually falling. However, remember they are who they are 100% because of Valkorion. Arcann was mistreated and Vaylin was held back.

During the scenes with their
Spoiler
you could assume there might be a "redemption" option for them. Though, it would be the same redemption that Revan met
Spoiler

I also believe that Thexan will come back in some shape or form. Maybe not a ghost, but he has something that is valuable to the Outlander.
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

PoliteAssasin
10.29.2015 , 05:29 AM | #5
I don't see Vaylin or Arcann being redeemed. They are the villains. Bioware is already doing the "redemption" route in a way with Valkorion. They just confirmed in a recent article that they aren't writing him as evil, since that's the cliche in star wars with regards to emperors. For them to do that with every villain in kotfe would be too much.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Leklor
10.29.2015 , 06:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I don't see Vaylin or Arcann being redeemed. They are the villains. Bioware is already doing the "redemption" route in a way with Valkorion. They just confirmed in a recent article that they aren't writing him as evil, since that's the cliche in star wars with regards to emperors. For them to do that with every villain in kotfe would be too much.
While I don't see them "redeeming" every vilain, I suspect Arcann will have a chance to survive KOTFE, but left with nothing. An hermit who can do nothing but remember the horrors he caused and the pain he felt when Thexan died.
I can't see Vaylin ever becoming good. Becoming some sort of ally for the Outlander to defeat Arcann and/or Valkorion? Maybe, but she won't turn to the light and I think she will die. If she isn't 100% dead meat, at least don't put in a "I"m romancing you to make you good." plot. Please don't. Only a madman would romance Vaylin and it should be a 100% DS route ^^
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

Jedi_riches
10.29.2015 , 06:20 AM | #7
At least in the case of Vaylin she seems "broken" somehow, undeniably powerful but not as "mature" as she could possibly be, whether or not this is due to Valkorian has yet to be seen.

So I can't see it easy to redeem her.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Deakon
10.29.2015 , 06:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SonzeK View Post
would bang.
For the Empire?

I'm civic-minded like that.

Tarkashae
10.29.2015 , 06:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post
While I don't see them "redeeming" every vilain, I suspect Arcann will have a chance to survive KOTFE, but left with nothing. An hermit who can do nothing but remember the horrors he caused and the pain he felt when Thexan died.
I can't see Vaylin ever becoming good. Becoming some sort of ally for the Outlander to defeat Arcann and/or Valkorion? Maybe, but she won't turn to the light and I think she will die. If she isn't 100% dead meat, at least don't put in a "I"m romancing you to make you good." plot. Please don't. Only a madman would romance Vaylin and it should be a 100% DS route ^^
My sith warrior doesn't care about "good". He cares about violence :P
That line from Vaylin "You have a crush on me", got me wondering what role she will take, and it would be interesting to be able to join her in some way, as a DS leaning character.

cool-dude
10.29.2015 , 06:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarkashae View Post
My sith warrior doesn't care about "good". He cares about violence :P
That line from Vaylin "You have a crush on me", got me wondering what role she will take, and it would be interesting to be able to join her in some way, as a DS leaning character.
I personally think they are going to make her a LI in the same-way Bastila and Revan were lovers as well as enemies during his time as Sith.
I'm a cool dude