What is the best class for healing?

josuevta

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in both PVE and PVP you should be bringing two healers. In both situations that should be one Sage and one Scoundrel. The Sage will usually put up the slightly bigger numbers (due to the better AOE heal and the fact that bubbles almost always apply their full value even when applied pre-emptively while HOTs do not) but the two have different styles that complement each other perfectly.

(For what it's worth I'm a V78 Sawbones and have also healed both KP and EV in Hardmode multiple times.)

On the whole, sorcerer is probably the strongest healer right now. Any of the healing classes can get the job done though.

I strongly disagree with the above poster's statement that we "should" bring a sorcerer and an operative. That is pure foolishness, imo. I will say that ideally I would prefer to bring a sorcerer and either an operative or a mercenary. I'd be fine with having an operative and a mercenary, too.

It's true that I would prefer to avoid having two of the same healing class, just for balance reasons.

Edited by belialle

It's true that I would prefer to avoid having two of the same healing class, just for balance reasons.

But bringing 2 sorcs is great, so much healing from always having an aoe heal down, they can just sit and spam lightning. 2 sorc healers = like having 5 dps instead of 4.

Single target healing Operatives/Scoundrels are now the best, for AoE healing and all around utility Sorc/Sages are the best.

^This, with the added fact that operatives are the best endurance healers as well; there have been plenty of times where the sorc healer in my raid was oof, while i was perfectly fine after some rough healing phases.

Wow, I haven't been on the forums for awhile. People are still complaining about Merc/Commando healers? Merc/Commandos are on about even footing to Ops/Scoundrels right now. It's difficult to judge how Sorc healers compare as I don't play one and their AoE heal inflates their numbers dramatically on any damage meters.

It's strange... people said that Ops/Scoundrels were the weakest pre-1.2, but when Merc/Commandos are brought down to their level, Merc/Commandos are now unplayable. It's utter nonsense.

wow, i haven't been on the forums for awhile. People are still complaining about merc/commando healers? Merc/commandos are on about even footing to ops/scoundrels right now. It's difficult to judge how sorc healers compare as i don't play one and their aoe heal inflates their numbers dramatically on any damage meters.

It's strange... People said that ops/scoundrels were the weakest pre-1.2, but when merc/commandos are brought down to their level, merc/commandos are now unplayable. It's utter nonsense.

Heretic! BURN HIM!

Edited by belialle

Heretic! BURN HIM!

Lol

Seriously thou Bh heals are worthless in pvp even if played perfectly u still cant keep people up. No playstyle helps when after 6 casts ur heat capped. Thats the issue is that unless there is another healer there the moment u heal more then 8k damage u r useless until u regen every resource and cds come off cooldown. Good or bad players dont matter the class itself is broken.

Lol

Seriously thou Bh heals are worthless in pvp even if played perfectly u still cant keep people up. No playstyle helps when after 6 casts ur heat capped. Thats the issue is that unless there is another healer there the moment u heal more then 8k damage u r useless until u regen every resource and cds come off cooldown. Good or bad players dont matter the class itself is broken.

Not worthless but alot less effective, our best BH healer still calls out he's over heated a ton in PvP. It sucks

I fail to see how having the same output with less tools and no resource management is on par with scoundrels.

What are the tools Mercs/Commandos are lacking compared to Operatives/Smugglers? I'm not sure if you're talking about PvP or PvE. Assuming we're talking about PvP, both classes have strengths in different areas. Yeah, Mercs can't vanish away when things get hairy, but they can contribute to killing players much more effectively than the Operative healer.

What are the tools Mercs/Commandos are lacking compared to Operatives/Smugglers? I'm not sure if you're talking about PvP or PvE. Assuming we're talking about PvP, both classes have strengths in different areas. Yeah, Mercs can't vanish away when things get hairy, but they can contribute to killing players much more effectively than the Operative healer.

Infinite post30% HP heals, mobility, higher damage than my merc, a way for my dps to actually let me heal (shiv to s probe), an interrupt, a fulltime snare, an aoe stun, and an aoe that can prevent bomb defusals for literally 14 out of the 20 seconds they have to defuse if you time it right.

Things my merc has over my op. 12 seconds of interrupt (not stun/knockback) immunity, a knockback and the most important thing of all. I can SHORYUKEN!

Seriously can't say mercs compare, but this is the reason I levelled all 3 healers. Seeing how busted sorcs were, I knew the devs couldn't balance healing. I hate my sorc though. Dunno why, guess playing merc and op makes me think its boring.

Wow, I haven't been on the forums for awhile. People are still complaining about Merc/Commando healers? Merc/Commandos are on about even footing to Ops/Scoundrels right now. It's difficult to judge how Sorc healers compare as I don't play one and their AoE heal inflates their numbers dramatically on any damage meters.

It's strange... people said that Ops/Scoundrels were the weakest pre-1.2, but when Merc/Commandos are brought down to their level, Merc/Commandos are now unplayable. It's utter nonsense.

Speaking from a PVE perspective, you are simply wrong. All the parsing of combat logs that has been done both in these forums and elsewhere shows that even removing overhealing Sorc>Op>Merc and the gaps are wide.

And Merc's were not brought down to the level of Ops, they were taken lower.

And honestly, as a Merc healer, I don't even care about that as we still have enough healing in most cases especially when teamed with an Op or Sorc. Its just a source of irritation that Bioware couldn't better balance the output of the three classes. Its ok if on SOme fights Sor is the best, on some fights Ops, and some fights Mercs. It is lame when the mechanics of the fight are irrelevant and it will always be Sorc>Op>Merc.

IMO The reason Merc's are unplayable is due to the nerf of Super Charged Gas. It used to be a decision as to whether you popped it for great burst healing or to help you vent a little heat. There were plenty of decisions to make about when to save it and when to use it. Now it vents 1/2 the heat it used to and I trade 3% constant healing for 5% burst healing, but when I am done I need to spend time rebuilding from 0% back up to 3% so the net gain is minimal. Also, I don't consider a 2% increase a burst mechanic. It was also a great clutch DPS boost too. Again rather worthless now.

So essentially they took our core mechanic and made it irrelevant. It would be like taking away your tactical advantage or Sorc Force Bending. It just dumbs down the class and makes healing boring.

Edited by TempestasSilva

Merc heals are useless in pvp completely useless. To take one to a serious pvp premade group is to basically give up. Sorcs would be good healers if they were invisible and no one saw them healing bcause once they call a focus fire on a sorc they are done within seconds. Ops are bettr now but it depends what u consider better since being the best ina group of the worst just means ur almost the worst.

Healing on a competetive level in pvp is no longer viable. Sure ull see some people talk about how their premde healer did big numbers against a group of undergeared pugs but thats just ur fanbois. If you want to play a competetive class you have two choices in pvp a tank ac or a ranged dps ac thats it and really even ranged are basically only as good as thy are not detected.

Tankin is king not because tanks are OP but because healing is not working and dps cant kill a tank before the tank kills them without heals. Basically a homerun acheivment by bioware 1.2 should get its own codex in game so we all remember why bioware is the worst developer of not only 2011but 2012 and the entire decade of 2010 to 2020 because bioware wont be given money again to make another mmo and no other developer will do as bad as bioware has done with this mmo.

Edited by Masturomenos

I think most will agree the Sorc is the best and The BH the worst. It's not really an i,balance thing, though, since those classes are all better or worse at other things. For example, The BH is by far the worst healer, but he also delievers a fairly large amount of damage even when speced to be a healer, whereas the Sorc has very poor armor and is better in a group.

So which is the best healer is obvious... Which is the best character overall who happens to have a healing tree is another.

The BH is by far the worst healer, but he also delievers a fairly large amount of damage even when speced to be a healer

That was true prior to 1.2 at least. Now...maybe I suck but the Infernal Council in HM EV is a fight I used to be the 1st one done. Now it is a struggle. Questing for Dailies is a LOT slower now. The damage boost from SCG is not so big. Heat is more of an issue as muzzle fluting does not affect heat any more. DFA hits a smaller area.

I don't think we excel in this any more.

That was true prior to 1.2 at least. Now...maybe I suck but the Infernal Council in HM EV is a fight I used to be the 1st one done. Now it is a struggle. Questing for Dailies is a LOT slower now. The damage boost from SCG is not so big. Heat is more of an issue as muzzle fluting does not affect heat any more. DFA hits a smaller area.

I don't think we excel in this any more.

Nope, nerf to DFA, double nerfs to power shot, etc. Mercs can take the most damage if the three healers without having to heal themself. I haven't really been playing my Sorc much (Or TOR much, for that matter) but my IA dang sure beats out my Merc in damage now.

Diagnostic Scan.

Yes they have Rapid Shots > Supercharged Gas, but even cancelling the buff it doesn't come anywhere near the resource potential of Diagnostic Scan.

As you said, they were essentially brought down to our level, but they don't have the tools to work at our level, much less be competitive.

It's a sad day for healing when the deciding factor between two healer specs is who has the better crappy heal.

It's a sad day for healing when the deciding factor between two healer specs is who has the better crappy heal.

It's not like either classes non-crappy heals are particularly awe-inspiring.

Edited by Arzoo