Maelstrom Prison Veteran Mode overtuned

I know, this was already an issue during 4.0. Master Mode (HM) is fine but on Veteran Mode (Tactical), he deals too much damage. He is easily beatable if you have a tank and a max-level healer but Veteran Mode must be tuned for a group of level 15 players without a healer. Edited by Jerba

Three DPS and a heals...colonel daksh takes one from full health to 1/3 health in one shot. with his wrist laser (NOT the eye laser).

I suspect that he is bugged.

I've run that fight a couple of times in 5.0 (and more times in 4.0) with a similar experience.

As a healer, I've even had the unpleasant situation of a dps pulling at the start of the fight, then promptly getting killed within a few seconds (despite healing my little computerized arms off). A battle-rez later, and some frantic action gets us through the rest of the fight.

Oddly enough, the HM (Master) version of that fight is significantly easier than the Veteran (Tac) version. I just ran it last night and the incoming damage from Dakash was easy enough to heal through, that I had plenty of time to dps.

Also note that the Kilran fight at the end tends to bug as well, in that a) he will sometimes snipe through pillars, and b) he can get stuck crouching at the lower level and not move. Someone recommend solving that last bug by running past him and dropping an AOE in front of the elevator, which somehow triggers the bugged script to move onto the next phase. (I've had success with this method)

Edited by Khevar

I had similar issues with that flashpoint, I also find that the Ortuno fight in Depths of Manaan and Darth Serevin from Battle of Ilum are way overtuned for Tactical Mode. Darth Serevin can kill a player in 3 hits by simply hurling debris at them. Edited by MrNihulus

I eventually go through it...solo :D

Plinked Daksh to death with Vital Shot and Bushwack and staying hidden. Took a VERY long time and had some scary moments, but I won.

This is NOT a solution

Edited by psandak

I eventually go through it...solo :D

Plinked Daksh to death with Vital Shot and Bushwack and staying hidden. Took a VERY long time and had some scary moments, but I won.

This is NOT a solution

If it's done by a group, there might actually be a chance if one players drops out and is replaced by a high influence healer companion.

Edited by MrNihulus

If it's done by a group, there might actually be a chance if one players drops out and is replaced by a high influence healer companion.

The problem with healer comps is that they stand in place so if the Colonel hits the comp its probably dead, or worse it focuses on healing itself while you are dying.

The problem with healer comps is that they stand in place so if the Colonel hits the comp its probably dead, or worse it focuses on healing itself while you are dying.

You can set healer companions on passive if you want them to move around. I don't have a solution for them healing themselves though.

Edited by MrNihulus

Like that has been said, I think Ortuno is more of a problem, especially for newbies. If you know how to kill the Colonel, then he is fairly simple... It just takes a long time. It's just a matter, of the person that he's targeting to kite him around the box things on either side of the fight.

Darth Serevin from Battle of Ilum

This really shows the direction some players want this game to go.

How about you just do the fight properly and learn to use your interrupt ability. By interrupting Force Explosion you take away boss' only ability that can even hurt anyone. The other casted ability (Dark something. See? It hurts so much I can't even be bothered to remember the full name of the ability) barely even tickles. But you can interrupt it too if you have enough interrupts in group.

Edited by Halinalle

This really shows the direction some players want this game to go.

How about you just do the fight properly and learn to use your interrupt ability. By interrupting Force Explosion you take away boss' only ability that can even hurt anyone. The other casted ability (Dark something. See? It hurts so much I can't even be bothered to remember the full name of the ability) barely even tickles. But you can interrupt it too if you have enough interrupts in group.

Even if we do interrupt all his casts, his instant abilities where he throws debris at the player does pretty insane damage. We did try to interrupt force explosion and the other interrupts.

Edited by MrNihulus

Even if we do interrupt all his casts, his instant abilities where he throws debris at the player does pretty insane damage. We did try to interrupt force explosion and the other interrupts.

Every class has defensive cooldowns. Shadows/Assassins/Scoundrels/Operatives can even exit combat.

You also have at least 3 kolto stations there. Don't use them all at the same time.

If you have healing abilities use them even if you're dps, just make sure you don't run out of resources.

If you're on gunslinger/sniper use the shield every now and then especially if you know big damage is coming, players in your group will like it if you know how and when to use it.

If you have cleanse and other group member has very nasty DoT on them, use it and help them out.

Just a few "general" group play tips.

Edited by Halinalle

• 4 months later...
yup the damage from wrist lasers its too much for tactical, best strategy is to dot and range dps him while hidding behind boxes (los) all the time, can be soloed with same strategy, forget companions and other group members just rdps or dot him and hide all the time

This may be difficult for melee classes though. Colonel Daskh still seems to be overtuned.

Difficult how exactly for melee?

He targets one person at a time, very obviously, and will try to chase them round the box if they hide.

MEANTIME the other 3 players who are being ignored can wail on him until he begins targeting a different player and then they kite behind the box.

Very difficult tactics :sul_frown:

Difficult how exactly for melee?

He targets one person at a time, very obviously, and will try to chase them round the box if they hide.

MEANTIME the other 3 players who are being ignored can wail on him until he begins targeting a different player and then they kite behind the box.

Very difficult tactics :sul_frown:

And that's the problem: too many fail to recognize that they are the one's being targeted and so they die...rapidly. So when I get into a group and see this type of activity, I tell the group, "look it ain't worth dying over. When laser happens just hide."

Edited by psandak

Turn on target of target in the interface editor. Profit.

Not saying there aren't any solutions. I am saying that players do not avail themselves of them and even when they do they fail to in fact pay attention to them

I think that Kilran is a bigger problem, because Daksh, to my knowledge has never been known to shoot through something, unlike Kilran. Daksh is manageable, if you LOS him, but I do understand how tedious his fight can be. It's moments like these that I don't regret choosing my ruffian spec. :p

I think that Kilran is a bigger problem, because Daksh, to my knowledge has never been known to shoot through something, unlike Kilran. Daksh is manageable, if you LOS him, but I do understand how tedious his fight can be. It's moments like these that I don't regret choosing my ruffian spec. :p

He doesn't shoot through objects. Unless you have 0 ms latency you will see these "delayed" shots hitting you. To the server object wasn't between you and Kilran when he shot at you.

Edited by Halinalle

He doesn't shoot through objects. Unless you have 0 ms latency you will see these "delayed" shots hitting you. To the server object wasn't between you and Kilran when he shot at you.

I get that with Daksh sometimes too

• 2 weeks later...
Make fp-s great again ! Tune them up all to actually require teamwork and a good challange. Around Eternal Championship level. Everyone and thier mothers run Master fp-s these days...

Trial and error master mode uprising exists. Along with the other, less demanding master uprisings.

Except people don't like doing them because they are challenging and require teamwork ;)

Trial and error master mode uprising exists. Along with the other, less demanding master uprisings.

Except people don't like doing them because they are challenging and require teamwork ;)

Yup Trial and Error Master Mode is about the only one that is really challenging atm