picking wrong conversation options

SnakeSinger

So, I'm terrified that I've just offended one of my companions horribly and ruined the good repor we had going by accidentally picking an aggressive conversation option (It didn't seem aggressive on the choice dial, so I picked it thinking it'd be kind of joking and turned out to be the opposite, didn't realise you could ESC to cancel until after I looked it up just now but I've already completed it now :B) and got the dreaded "Kira disapproves" subtext, is it something I can fix by throwing a nice companion gift at her to get her influence back up or will something like that mess up my chance of completing the romance arc with her later on (my toon is a male obviously haha)? Edited by SnakeSinger

In my (albeit limited) experience, yes. I think how it works that is that if a companion disapproves, you just don't get points rather than anything actually bad happening. Make and my BH would disagree on occasion, but she's still my highest level companion. You will hit occasions where you will influence more than one companion at a time and you just have to decide who to piss off. Doesn't stop romance, either, from what I've seen. Edited by Syrgei

Once upon a time it mattered. In the past you needed a certain amount of affection from your comps to start new dialog. And you could actually loose affection by doing what they dont approve of.

Not anymore. All conversations are now unlocked when you progress through the class story, affection got renamed into influence and unpopular decisions just give less influence then the popular ones.