Endgame Gearing Up

Tom_Freud

Hey all, I've got a simple question with a not so simple answer as I expect.

What is the best gear to have in endgame ?

Now before you start trolling around, that there is no BEST gear, I know that. Currently I am completing my BH gear set and some questions rose in my mind. What is it all about that ripping out the mods out of some gear, putting it in other gear. I don't really understand the schematic yet, so I'd be glad if someone could explain it, or if it has been explained elsewhere post the link.

Can I just get any orange/violet moddable armour for sniper class, that I like (concerning the visual), and then just insert the mods I ripped out from lets say my Columni gear? Will it be as good as Columni or will it be worse? How do I get the augments, special fifth-mod-slot, on that gear?

I hope it is clear what my problem is, I would be glad if you could help me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thrawk:wea_09:

Hey all, I've got a simple question with a not so simple answer as I expect.

What is the best gear to have in endgame ?

Now before you start trolling around, that there is no BEST gear, I know that. Currently I am completing my BH gear set and some questions rose in my mind. What is it all about that ripping out the mods out of some gear, putting it in other gear. I don't really understand the schematic yet, so I'd be glad if someone could explain it, or if it has been explained elsewhere post the link.

In general, people are trying to optimize their gear. Stock, from the vender, gear generally has some less optimal modifications/enhancements/armorings (or mods collectively) in them. As a sniper, you'll want the low endurance versions of them with maximim stats that boost your damage. These are generally the non-lettered modifications You'll also want to pay attention to dimishing returns on many stats. So you'll get your tech accuracy to about 110%, about 300-350 critical rating, about 75-76% critical multiplier (should be about 250 surge rating), etc.

In order to do this you need to replace the stock mods. It doesn't really matter if you leave them all in the orginal shell or move them over to some other modifiable orange/purple shell for the looks. The only place it does matter is on low end gear (tionese, columi, rakata) the set bonuses are on the shell. War hero, elite war hero, Campaign and higher have them on the armorings.

Can I just get any orange/violet moddable armour for sniper class, that I like (concerning the visual), and then just insert the mods I ripped out from lets say my Columni gear? Will it be as good as Columni or will it be worse?

see above, it's the same other than the set bonus as the set bonuses for columi are tied to the shell.

How do I get the augments, special fifth-mod-slot, on that gear?

You need to craft or purchase augmentation kits mk-6. (Personally, I wait a week before doing this as they've skyrocketed in price today with all the new gree event gear that is available today. They should be around 30-40k each)

Once you have a kit, find a modification table on the fleet and you can add the slot.

Edited by Infalliable