Endurance vs Cunning

Azzatu

A lot of you will have noticed that there are items with higher endurance, lower cunning or the opposite.

My question is, what have you been going for and why?

Personally I've been going full out cunning, but I'm starting to think that's wrong - a sniper can't really heal themselves so a higher endurance would be better. An operative on the other hand can heal themselves so endurance isn't so important.

The other argument is that snipers generally don't take a beating unless they're playing rather badly so it's best to go full out cunning.

Thoughts?

I was on about operatives having the option to play the role of a healer. As in, they get really good heals, snipers just get med packs and Advanced Recon cooldown which can only be used with your companion once every 20 minutes. The droid does not benefit from your character's ammount of cunning so that's irrelevent. Edited by Azzatu

I'm going full cunning. Sure you don't get to heal yourself (outside of OOC heals and medpacks) but you don't, or shouldn't, take much damage either.

I believe the endurance heavier gear is more fitted for Operatives who stand in the heat of battle.

PvP is of course a totally different story, but here too counts that a sniper is less likely to take as much damage as an operative.

On the other hand it's also a playstyle preference. I personally just prefer to hit hard; and I find my survivability to be plentiful between nearly a dozen of CC abilities, having Biochem and being at range.

I'm going full cunning. Sure you don't get to heal yourself (outside of OOC heals and medpacks) but you don't, or shouldn't, take much damage either.

I believe the endurance heavier gear is more fitted for Operatives who stand in the heat of battle.

PvP is of course a totally different story, but here too counts that a sniper is less likely to take as much damage as an operative.

On the other hand it's also a playstyle preference. I personally just prefer to hit hard; and I find my survivability to be plentiful between nearly a dozen of CC abilities, having Biochem and being at range.

This. For solo PvE play, you can let Kaliyo tank, or you can get heals from Doctor Lokin at higher levels. For group play, you have a tank and you should be behind cover, so you shouldn't be taking much damage there either.

PvP is a different beast. After healers, snipers are pretty high on the kill list, plus more hit points are always important for PvP in pretty much any MMO. We do have good tools to try to keep those melee's at range, but when that fails, we can end up in a lot of trouble.

The biggest problem that i have seen with going cunning heavy is that Skill Armoring, Mods, and Barrels are typically a level or two behind Patron Armoring, Mods, and Barrels when purchasing from the Modification Commendation Vendors. Additionally, Enhancements all seem to be Endurance Based, so the result is that you are probably going to end up with a lot of Endurance heavy gear in your primary slots during the leveling process. You can sometimes find Skill Armoring, Mods, and Barrels on the GTN, but trade skills don't seem to have caught up to player level yet.

The major problem I have seen is the mod-able gear that you can buy with commendations both have the Patron Mods. I do not see the point of having the choice between two pieces of gear (usually RD or TD) that contain the same mods. I am not sure if this was a major oversight by the creators but it has been getting confusing since Balmorra (where I first saw Patron Mods).