Subscribers have to use cartel coins to equip purple gear?

DarthTexas

That's a good way to upset your customers.

See: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

On the Item Equipping line, mousing over the Subscription column it says the following:

Cannot equip most purple items unless an authorization is purchased from the Cartel Market.

EDIT: As has been pointed out, the wording is different in the Free column ("license" instead of "authorization"), which suggests it's intentional and not a copy/paste error.

EDIT: BioWare responed, post #88

Hello everyone! The incorrect tooltip for Item Equipping on this page has been corrected to properly reflect that subscribers will not experience a change to their ability to equip Artifact quality items. We apologize for any confusion the error may have caused.
Edited by DarthTexas

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says subscribers need to purchase authorisation and F2P need to buy a license. Whatever that means.

Also going against the game design in that the F2P crafting and death parts will kill too much fun for F2Pers. Those two really feel like they're decided upon by people other than the ones who were steering SWTOR to launch.

That's a good way to upset your customers.

See: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

On the Item Equipping line, mousing over the Subscription column it says the following:

Where are you seeing this? I looked up your link, and the Item Equipping line says "Full Access" under the subscription column, and "Limited Access" under the f2p column.

I'm seeing no detailed info there, just a lot of question marks.

Where are you seeing this? I looked up your link, and the Item Equipping line says "Full Access" under the subscription column, and "Limited Access" under the f2p column.

I'm seeing no detailed info there, just a lot of question marks.

I'm not getting the mouse over text in IE9. Try Chrome.

Says subscribers need to purchase authorisation and F2P need to buy a license. Whatever that means.

Also going against the game design in that the F2P crafting and death parts will kill too much fun for F2Pers. Those two really feel like they're decided upon by people other than the ones who were steering SWTOR to launch.

oh please, the death part is a luxury. One that only caters to casuals, I for one hate the "med probe" crap, Id be happy to see run back to your corpse naked again like the old days.

I agree. The 5 times revive in field will sure kill a lot of fun for f2p players and will anger a lot of ppl when they must part with f2p ppl in ops. I mean who die only 5 times in hm or nm ops ?

Mr. Gonzalez is getting (another) PM from me today:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

On the Features page it states under the row of "Item Equipping":

Subscribers: Cannot equip most purple items unless authorization is purchased from the Cartel Market.

Free2Play: Cannot equip most purple items unless a license is purchased from the Cartel Market.

(Emphasis mine.)

Is this correct? Will Subscribers have to pay extra to access content they already have access to under the current subscription model?

Mr. Gonzalez doesn't read my messages anymore, so someone else should think of contacting Bioware as well.

So if you were a subscriber with any good end game gear and want to play for free, it'll cost a fortune to do it.

As for subs paying for purple gear, if that "authorization" isn't free, I'll seriously consider quitting out of principle. How the #$*& is it considered "Full Access" if I have to pay to unlock it.

What I see is...

Item Equipping > FULL ACCESS

The mouse over is mistaken just copied from the F2P side (with older text, authorization instead of license) and must be wrong because it directly contradicts the words you are mousing over.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar