@keith: Reset the ratings of people who have been temp banned for cheating in ranked

SlimeyDoom

Over the course of this absurdly long season, alot of people have recieved bans for backfilling, wintrading, and declining pops, especially in solo ranked. Anyone who has been caught and banned or otherwise penalized for cheating to gain elo should have their character's ratings reset, as right now it's just a slap on the wrist. Thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they probably should do this but there is one issue with it that is worth pointing out: it encourages the people in question to start cheating again

in the case of backfilling/declining/throwing type stuff this means ruined solo ranked games

I think they need to just reward people for matches won. 50 wins bottom banana, 100 wins middle banana, 200 wins top banana. Anyone caught cheating has their win percentage stripped down to zero so they got to start over.

Since we have established people cheat, exploit, hack, game the system, basically everything that can be manipulated has been to get high ELO ratings in ranked they ought to just stop using this method to reward players.

Add Ranked Commendation Medals that are won after every ranked match and create a brand new Ranked Specialty Vendor that sells all kinds of fluff items that the comms can be used for. Over time, new items can be added to the Ranked Specialty Vendor.

Edited by Lhancelot

Who cares.

All season superstars cheated somehow. Either by seting up qsyncing in their superstars discord server or trolling in alts, ect...

A guy today openly said in a match that all 2000+ elo players share a discord server. Going to say to me that they meet there to sap a cup of tea together? lmao.:D

EDIT: and as you can see, this is a very old problem --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=835449

And allow me to quote that:

PVP is a joke in this game, ranked being the laughing stock of it all.

How people can take ranked in this game serious is beyond me..... Wow you managed to get yourself a good rating with your OP class and Q syncing...... SO PRO.....

If you keep this up you might win the SWTOR OPEN tourney that bioware is hosting for a few cold million, on your way to gaming stardom....

oh wait no........

This is not a MOBA, and pvp is a sad mode that means nothing......

Edited by RafaelPeretz

Who cares.

All season superstars cheated somehow. Either by seting up qsyncing in their superstars discord server or trolling in alts, ect...

A guy today openly said in a match that all 2000+ elo players share a discord server. Going to say to me that they meet there to sap a cup of tea together? lmao.:D

EDIT: and as you can see, this is a very old problem --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=835449

I mean them all being in the same discord in no way means that they all backfilled and wintraded. I do know for a fact that at least 8 of the top 3 titles are going to wintraders, but there are definitely many legit 2k+ rated players.

lol and you actually believed him? that discord does not exist dude

it's honestly amazing how gullible people on this board are - they'll believe A N Y T H I N G if the result of believing it is feeling better about their lack of success in arenas

it's honestly amazing how gullible people on this board are - they'll believe A N Y T H I N G if the result of believing it is feeling better about their lack of success in arenas

Okay.

1st, I got exactly what I was aiming for in all my toons, except one. So your "your lack of success" BS don't apply here.

2nd, success in arenas is tied to matchmaking most of time, and everyone (that regularly play ranked) knows that.

Edited by RafaelPeretz

Okay.

1st, I got exactly what I was aiming for in all my toons, except one. So your "your lack of success" BS don't apply here.

your personal goals are meaningless if you keep them to yourself because you can define success down however far you want - for all I know you were aiming for bronze

I'm sure wanting to believe there's a swtor illuminati discord had nothing to do with how easy you were to convince :)

2nd, success in arenas is tied to matchmaking most of time, and everyone (that regularly play ranked) knows that.
you're doing it again Edited by yellow_

Yeah.

There ins't qsync in the game and equally high rated people don't help each other to get the best of a flawed matchmaking.

You bois are all that good.

Also reseting ratings of caught cheaters is not good, cause they will cheat again. (Loled hard)

Edited by RafaelPeretz

Translation: A secret elite Discord cabal does exist and is controlling all the ELO rating on swtor.

Translation: A secret elite Discord cabal does exist and is controlling all the ELO rating on swtor.

To be fair, most of the top players in the game are indeed all members of particular discord channels.

That does not mean they use said channels to share secrets / win-trade / Q Sync or whatever you want to believe.

Mostly those channels are just used as primarily text forums where they come to make fun of each other after games, or when bored. And talk about the good ole days when things were "better". (Remember patch __ when ______ could use ____ and pretty much global a ____? etc)

Well, what should I say? :)

Nevertheless, if they go according to protocol the temporary banned people get a note to their account and are excluded from top 96, but thats pretty much it. I suppose its also not hard to execute a filter to exclude these accounts from tier rewards too. So they could keep their rating vut not get anything.

Edited by merovejec

Over the course of this absurdly long season, alot of people have recieved bans for backfilling, wintrading, and declining pops, especially in solo ranked. Anyone who has been caught and banned or otherwise penalized for cheating to gain elo should have their character's ratings reset, as right now it's just a slap on the wrist. Thoughts?

It'd be up for them to figure out how they can differentiate between throwers and just plain bad players. Because truth be told, there's a lot of bads in solos and granked is a mess with mat farmers giving free elo just to get their mats and make money.

Trade win only occurs in Solo rank. In Group rank with the right composition players can skyrock to gold tier. In the meantime I am gonna unsubscribe, play something else, and occasionally come back and read the forums, to see if the upcoming changes are working as intended.

Secret 2k elo discord? Maybe there also top3 secret discord? xd

What about a secret top player discord with only the one top rated guy in it??? If another guy passes him up, he’ll invite the new top rater to this discord, pass admin to him and then remove himself from the discord and forget about it.

One thing about that „Elite Discord“ that you guys seem to forget: People that care about Rating and try to get top3 don‘t just let other people have something. Sure, they might play with each other, but for the most part they do this to lower their chances of losing. Playing together with other top players brings up your win chances in general, and eliminates the chance to lose to the other player‘s team.

But don‘t think there is a hidden non-aggression pact or a Master List of „who should get which top3“. In fact, the rivalry between players is so high that one will queue vs the other guy, not to gain rating himself but to make sure that the other guy doesn‘t.

Who cares.

That's strange, ive got multiple toons over 2k and I'm not in that server. Half the guys over 2k are toxic ***** and hate each other so tea and shared servers are unlikely.

Janglor's first lie was that he has multiple toons over 2k.... :p

Ily jk

His second lie is that we all hate eachother. THIS IS A LIE. DONT LET THESE 2K WINTRADING, BACKFILLING, QUE SYNCING, QUE DODGING, HACKING, PLOTTING, JIHADISTS TRICK YOU. They all are in discord. Every win is calculated. Every loss is even more calculated. Every player that has ever beaten you has cheated. In some way.

E.v.e.r.y.o.n.e.

In the great words of Caprica "You have transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums" now go and spread the word. YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR THIS SLUMBAG DIRTY SWEATY TRYHARD GAME

Edited by septru

Who cares.

I'm sure this is bait, so I won't take it too seriously, but I will say this. If this is true, that all top players are cheaters, then that means in Season 10, when there's cross-faction AND only 2 servers for each region, compared to the past when there were some dead servers that people could hide away on and Q sync if they actually did care that much about a silly title, then leaderboards should look entirely different, right?

Like, Season 10 will be the first season where it's impossible to Q sync because you will have a chance to be paired with people of the opposite faction at any given time, which means there will be no more "Pub dominated server/imp dominated server" excuses anymore. And if all the top players are cheaters, then surely the leaderboards in S10 will consist of the "true" top players, who can't Q sync or rely on a specific dominating faction to carry them to the top, right?

But here's a hard pill to swallow: I'm willing to bet that the leaderboards will look the exact same. Why? Because the top players (most of them) are actually above average to good players, which is all that is required to beat the majority of this game's population, no offence.

But I am looking forward to seeing this exact same thread pop up when s10 ends and the leaderboards have the same people at the top, because if I've learned anything at all from life, it's that there are more people willing to make excuses for their poor performance than there are people who are willing to accept the reality of the fact that they are just bad and need practice to improve. The difference between most highly rated players, not even just top 96, but highly rated in general, and everyone else is their willing to play the game and lose and LEARN SOMETHING from that loss to improve in their next match. There's always something that you can do better, but choosing to knock other people's achievements down to remedy your own lack of skill is juvenile. If you took that same attitude and passion for knocking other's achievements down, to instead practice and get better at the game, I'm sure you'd be a highly rated player as well.

The most difficult player that you will ever encounter in PvP is yourself. Stop making excuses for yourself and just play the game.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi