Devs/Mods: Make a Choice

L-RANDLE

Great post. Good and constructive. But we all know the devs don't give a **** and won't read it. And even if they did, they won't respond or do anything with the info except say, "We are looking into it, but our metrics say it is working as intended as everyone is still buying cartel market items, making us all our money."

I fixed that for you. Look at the CS area, the only thing that gets a fast reply that is not a auto messege is, Cartel market related or getting you into the game to spend you cartel market credits.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed that for you. Look at the CS area, the only thing that gets a fast reply that is not a auto messege is, Cartel market related or getting you into the game to spend you cartel market credits.

yeah, it sucks.

not to detract any further from the OP (which was good btw), but have any of you seen the "outrage" in the general discussion forum? the appearance of two of the cartel pack armor sets got fixed, and people are coming out of the woodwork whining about how they want it set back to the old, bugged appearance.

so with this totally selfish whining, what happens? like 5 or 6 dev posts, from 2 different devs. i havent been counting, but how many posts by devs have there been in this forum over the last 6 months? how about 1 year? mabye 10?

PvP related bugs are allowed to stand for weeks before they get hotfixed. i bet this stupid cartel thing is patched right up by next tuesday. its mind bottling. if i didnt like the Star Wars lore so much id already be long gone from this game.

but, i digress. back on topic: fix resolve plox

+1 OP

I was listening to an TORWars podcast with the PVP lead (Hickman from memory) and he stated that:

A - resolves was too complicated to explain and required a 10 min conversation on how it works.

B - that it was an issue that resolve was so hard to explain.

C - that he felt stuns weren't the issue with equally geared players and TTK was fairly good in these circumstances with the current amount of stuns.

I agree that resolve is a good idea and lets players use advanced tactics to out play others; however the current itteration is really ineffective. Anything that takes 10 mins to explain to someone is really not a mechanic that should be baseline and understood by all imo. DR in WoW is simple. The more you receive a certain type of CC, the less you are affected by it (50% reduction). Now all you have to do is learn the types and that's it, you're set to manipulate it to your advantage. Executing it to your full advantage is supposed to be the hardest part.

/signed to the original post.

I actually came here to make a similar post, but I might as well just sign this one. With the current state of CC in this game, our stun-breaker needs to be on a 15 second CD, or we need to have 3 more of them (please, no more buttons) to be effective. Resolve is in-effective, and there seems to be far to much that bypasses it all-together. It is frustrating to get cc-locked and not being free until your re-spawn. There is just too many ways to root and stun people, and not enough ways to break free of it. This issue persists through pvp in the game, it is not just a " level 50 problem".

+1 OP

I was listening to an TORWars podcast with the PVP lead (Hickman from memory) and he stated that:

A - resolves was too complicated to explain and required a 10 min conversation on how it works.

B - that it was an issue that resolve was so hard to explain.

C - that he felt stuns weren't the issue with equally geared players and TTK was fairly good in these circumstances with the current amount of stuns.

/facepalm.... Dear Lord.....

I would rather see a smaller window of CC immunity after a full resolve bar is achieved, but it taking less stuns to get there. That way, you wouldn't become unstoppable (no pun intended) in Huttbull for far too long periods of time. It would also mean that those 8-13 second stuns wouldn't be a problem either.

Roots on resolve- I've been saying it for months, it's simply no fun to get half your health blasted away while stunned, only to get a white bar but spend the entire thing standing still rooted while a pair of mara interrupt lock your healing- and if you actually are still alive through some miracle, back to the stun lock.

People don't like not having control of their characters- people like not having control even less when they're supposedly under a mechanic that is supposed to allow you a few seconds of character control after you've spent 10+ seconds unable to move.

but sure it makes it easier

Hey Carn, I was thinking about what you said again, and I would like more perspective on this question:

Was resolve ok in it's previous form, even though we had the same complaints about it?

The reason I ask is because you been here for awhile and I just want to know if you didn't feel any difference then compared to now.

Roots on resolve- I've been saying it for months, it's simply no fun to get half your health blasted away while stunned, only to get a white bar but spend the entire thing standing still rooted while a pair of mara interrupt lock your healing- and if you actually are still alive through some miracle, back to the stun lock.

People don't like not having control of their characters- people like not having control even less when they're supposedly under a mechanic that is supposed to allow you a few seconds of character control after you've spent 10+ seconds unable to move.

Well roots are not tooooo much of an issue because you can initate offense and defense while rooted. You still have some control. So I guess that why I have a problem with hard/soft stuns more than roots.

Wasn't the point of CC was to stop counter healing?

Yet all classes get them?

Again DEVS I am BEGGING YOU:

Adjust TTK using the EXP formula only; quit the butchering of specs.

Add the Situational Burst back into the game.

Please give player control back.

Then you could finally tell players its a L2P issue...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Adjust TTK using the EXP formula only; quit the butchering of specs.

I firmly believe that the TTK feels too low because of all the CC. When people can't use any defensive skills because they're stunned, of course they will go down quickly.

I firmly believe that the TTK feels too low because of all the CC. When people can't use any defensive skills because they're stunned, of course they will go down quickly.

By that logic, me and my team would survive less when I run my bubble spec sage than if I ran full heal spec. (that's clearly not the case though)

CC slows down PvP, it gives longer TTK than with no CC.

(I'm signing the OP since I'm sick and tired of all the nerf threads in the PvP forum. People get so very focused on their own experience of the game, they forget to acknowledge the fact there's 8 ACs that needs to be fun to play in PvP)

Doing another rework on resolve would improve things by a large margin (the first attempt they did only made it possible to do more CC before whitebarring someone)

TBH If we had the old resolve, then bubble spec wouldn't be OP, it would create alot of white bars in a zerg if you just spam it. (pre-change a smasher who popped 4 bubbles in 1 smash would equal a whitebar (1500 resolve gained (3x300 and 600 on the one that put him over 1000) But now it just gives the smasher 300 resolve, regardless of how many bubbles he pops)

Edited by DaedalusV

CC slows down PvP, it gives longer TTK than with no CC.

<-----This is why I poo-poo CC. TTK right now would be fine in a stunless world... Taking away player control for the sake of extending TTK is not the right route in PvP.

In PvP, they already have a formula in place to control "general" TTK. The Expertise Curve. Not the amount, the contribution percentages. CC is a PvE tool to control mobs. The whole point of "skill" in PvP is reaction time, which CC contradicts 100%. This is why I said CC in itself dumbs down this game, along with GCDs. I can deal with globals though because I am still in control the majority of the time I am playing, that is, of course until I'm stunned...:rolleyes:

Tone down the CC, by adjusting resolve.

Give back the situational burst.

Adjust classes to be within a certain percentage of each other (maybe it could end up being a nerf to some since you are giving situational burst back).

You are right back to having the same TTK, but players are now determining their own fate (without losing as much control as you do now).

Classes are nerfed and CC is put in its place. The CC is too much, then they are nerfed again. yada, yada its a vicious cycle, while CC is really the only common thread among all threads here...

What makes WZ dynamic is lower TTK. <------This is what the community needs to fight for because then real tactics would rule.. It is also why I say something like Smash is about where it should be from an output perspective, but you are using two CC's to generate that, which there is really no way to stop consistantly ? ...... DUMB..

POWER TO THE PLAYERS!!!

Edited by L-RANDLE

<-----This is why I poo-poo CC. TTK right now would be fine in a stunless world... Taking away player control for the sake of extending TTK is not the right route in PvP.

<snip>

I agree with you on the CC, but TTK has independently changed in the last year as well - here is why:

TTK was ok for unaugmented, non-optimized BM gear in January 2012, but since then, we have seen the following:

(I'm not going to look up all the patch notes, but it's all in there if anyone wants to check it out)

- reduction in heals

- reduction in defense cds

- boost to expertise across the board

- much easier optimization & much easier gear farming in general (no RNG token bags, much higher comm rewards)

- full augmentation

- 2 better gear sets

What worked then, no longer works for fully augmented, optimized EWH gear - TTK is just too short in January 2013.

(I just posted this in another thread, but since it's related, I post this here as well.)

I like the OP idea to fix resolve, but I would go way further. I think the decay of resolve in WZs should be completely removed, in addition, once resolve bar is full it will not activate automatically, the player will have control over its activation. This will stop people from spamming CCs.

The idea is that CCs need to be used to provide tactical advantage, not thrown out at every encounter. And if they get spammed, the spammer team gets penalized as the opponents can save the resolve and use for an opportune moment for advantage (Huttball ball carrier, etc...).

I agree with you on the CC, but TTK has independently changed in the last year as well - here is why:

TTK was ok for unaugmented, non-optimized BM gear in January 2012, but since then, we have seen the following:

(I'm not going to look up all the patch notes, but it's all in there if anyone wants to check it out)

- reduction in heals

- reduction in defense cds

- boost to expertise across the board

- much easier optimization & much easier gear farming in general (no RNG token bags, much higher comm rewards)

- full augmentation

- 2 better gear sets

What worked then, no longer works for fully augmented, optimized EWH gear - TTK is just too short in January 2013.

(I just posted this in another thread, but since it's related, I post this here as well.)

but would you say TTK is not that short if you were not subjected to CC?

I say the opposite though. In Jan. 2012, TTK was too long. I mean once you won a node, that was it...

To make WZ dynamic (which I coin "fun & exciting") TTK needs to be short.

Change Trauma accordingly

or

Adjust EXP curve accordingly

Plenty of in-game formulas that you can change to affect TTK without gutting a class or subjecting everyone to SO much CC.

Here is a example of how lopsided it is..

Avg per player has:

2.5 Stuns

2.5 Roots

2.5 Mezz

x8~ 60EA+ CC's per team in a WZ.

VS.

1 CC break, some spec'd/talent prevention(very class/AC specific), and a questionable Resolve system...

I guess "balance" is the part where each team has them....:rolleyes: /facepalm...../facepalm.../facepalm.../facepalm

but would you say TTK is not that short if you were not subjected to CC?

Ok, if there was no CC at all, TTK may be ok - but that's pretty unrealistic! ;)

There will always be some form of CC in the game, since some classes really need that to have a purpose.

I say the opposite though. In Jan. 2012, TTK was too long. I mean once you won a node, that was it...

If you look at CW (which was the only node capture we had back then), it's really not that different today.

You still can't make a 3-cap comeback! :D

But I think that is a problem with that WZ mechanic, rather than an issue of TTK.

Change Trauma accordingly

or

Adjust EXP curve accordingly

Plenty of in-game formulas that you can change to affect TTK without gutting a class or subjecting everyone to SO much CC.

Those are good ideas.

Obviously Resolve affects TTK and vice versa:

My point was that EAware needs to look at both before they start messing with the classes.

Whoever designed this pvp, seemed to do so around huttball and expecting huttball to be the main form of pvp in this game, cause that's the only warzone where there is a need to constantly "slow down" players.

If it were me I would just make the resolve system much more simple, you are stunned, rooted or mezzed you get 100% stun, mez and root immunity for 15 secs.