enforcer? field tech? mixed? halp!

Rikeryo

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuF3uHDSYHTsdHN4d2N6eXdwaHNJZXV4RnA2RFhVeFE#gid=0

copyright by some guy at http://mmo-mechanics.com

full enforcer looks nice, but it has less power and a bit too much surge compared to build 2, which has too much accuracy. full field tech seems to be the worst of all, mixed build 1 seems to be the most balanced. which one would you choose?

note: not going to swtich mods any time soon

Edited by Rikeryo

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AouaqXT5EURqdHhmT2YwQ3M4eXZnNUpqLUVmRmpNX1E

I apologize for the poor formatting, but I kind of threw it together a few weeks ago just as reference. That is the full set of gear I plan on completing soon. I made this with a dirty fighting spec in mind, but i think it would work well with any. There is a little bit more crit than I'd like in that, but that can be fixed with a mod here and there once I finish getting everything. I find the 2 piece set bonuses from both enforcer and field tech to be better than their 4 piece.

If you are a gunslinger, you should get four pieces of field tech for the set bonus, having extra range on your interrupt and your QuickDraw is amazing, it's so vey useful when people are running away from you. Then you can fill your fourth piece with whatever you want, if you feel you want more crit, surge, power, just pick the pieces that give you the itemization you want. Follow this same rule with every other piece of gear. Don't get bogged down by the names.

As for "too much accuracy" I have actually found that my dps went up in both pvp and pve when I increased my accuracy by taking the talent in the SS tree. I have found that the increased accuracy has really increased How often my off hand will hit. I am currently at about 80 percent accuracy with my offhand(tech not basic) an 113 accuracy with my mainland (again not basic). Every time you increase your accuracy you are essentially increasing a proc chance of extra damage from your off hand. In addition any accuracy over 100 percent reduces your targets defense. This is extremely useful in pvp.

Now I am not saying get only accuracy, who cares about power, surge, crit. I am just saying don't think of accuracy as any over 100 is a waste, because that is simply not true.

Why...?

Because you need to kill healers and DPS. Not tanks.

To the OP.

For War hero gear

Helmet and boots Field tech

Chest, pants and gloves Enforcer

Alacrity relic (Sharpshooter)/power relic (Saboteur, Dirty Fighting) and Campaign Relic.

Medic bracers, tech belt, Trapper earpiece, Trapper implants X2

Medic gun X2

If you want the highest possible stats achievable, buy 5 extra pairs of war hero Tech boots, rips the mods and enhancement (not armoring) out of them and place them in your 2 guns, pants, helmet and gloves.

P.S. It's the same for scoundrel at the exception of the off-hand being a medic scattergun and require 4 extra pairs of tech boots instead of 5 since scattergun isn't modable. (Loosing an augment slot over the gunslinger as well as being forced into having the crit instead of power and more endurance then cunning.)

Edited by snaplemouton

you should really get the pieces with lower cunning and much higher secondary stat power/crit.

compare the war hero field medic belt and the enforcer belt. you get a lot more damage from the enforcer belt.

To the poster above. So what? Except having 4% more accuracy for sharpshooter to make sure you never ever get deflected by anything elses then tanks or sentinel using blade ward (Which anyways even with full accuracy you will get deflected) there is no reason to bother with accuracy. Better go with pure damage.

you should really get the pieces with lower cunning and much higher secondary stat power/crit.

compare the war hero field medic belt and the enforcer belt. you get a lot more damage from the enforcer belt.

Except that you should always have the +9% cunning talent in any spec... which make cunning far more useful.

Except that you should always have the +9% cunning talent in any spec... which make cunning far more useful.

The prior poster is correct. A mod with high cunning general means that the secondary stat (power/crit) is generally the lowest of the three stats.

Example Rakata, 37 end/61 cun/11 pwr but this Rakata mod is better 24 end/48 cun/37 pwr, as it yields more you damage even with the 9% cunning talent and Sage +5% stat boost combined.

The only time it would be debatable is if it is crit not pwr as the secondary stat. Then this is more driven by spec.

Edited by Junostorm

To the poster above. So what? Except having 4% more accuracy for sharpshooter to make sure you never ever get deflected by anything elses then tanks or sentinel using blade ward (Which anyways even with full accuracy you will get deflected) there is no reason to bother with accuracy. Better go with pure damage.

/facepalm again

Having accuracy to at least the 100 percent mark and above will yield you better DPS than accuracy with under 100 percent, even taking into account damage mods you substituted the accuracy mods for.

As a Dirty Fighter, get the Enforcer 4 piece set bonus. You don't have to wear 4 pieces of Enforcer gear if the itemization is not to your liking, just get the armoring so you get the 5 points of energy bonus. Combined with the talent in the Sab tree that increases energy by 10, you'll have a total of 115 energy. You'll never have to worry about your energy consumption ever again, unless you're playing completely reckless/retarded.