2.0 Failure

PlagaNerezza

No gear progression

No guild based objective pvp

No pvp season

Last I checked this game has been out for a long time. The first real expansion represents nothing but mission fluff and adds zero to the end game purpose. Until this game address what the point of engaging in pvp/pve at the end game I expect this game to continue on a downward trend.

I am checking out for a while. I don't expect this game to improve the end game content for those loyal players who have stuck around. The game continues to move towards players who haven't paid a dime. Meanwhile the basics continue to keep getting worse for those players who paid and invested time and money.

I'd like to see at some point guilds mean just something. When will we see pve and pvp that means more than gear?

At some juncture you have to actual build upon the story and allow us some sort of development of the characters. I pvp almost strictly and have found myself wondering just what you are doing with this games fabulously designed end game content?

Nothing is my assessment. Maybe this secret patch has more, but from what is on PTS at this time I am checking out. Send me an email in 6 months when you decide to put actual content for end game for me to play.

This ENTIRE patch is geared towards end game, adding on new content for level 50s to go up to 55. This is exactly the character progression you were talking about! More PvP and PvE will be added later. Patience is key, not just to MMOs, but to everything.

Really they are focusing on the WRONG things in PVP. Sure balance is important...but instead of trying to re-balance everything, give us a stupid new bolster, re-work stats, etc....they should be focusing on:

New WZ's

New maps for current WZ objectives

Dueling arenas

Reasons to do open world PVP

Places where we can CONVENIENTLY access quickly for open world PVP

Instead we have a bunch of new unbalanced crap that is just annoying, wasn't asked for and was not needed at all. A couple classes needed a buff and everything else needed to be left alone, period. They are focusing on the wrong things. They also need to quit trying to change things that are working just fine.

Really they are focusing on the WRONG things in PVP. Sure balance is important...but instead of trying to re-balance everything, give us a stupid new bolster, re-work stats, etc....they should be focusing on:

New WZ's

Dueling arenas

Instead we have a bunch of new unbalanced crap that is just annoying, wasn't asked for and was not needed at all. A couple classes needed a buff and everything else needed to be left alone, period. They are focusing on the wrong things. They also need to quit trying to change things that are working just fine.

If you need a reason to do open world pvp, then you shouldn't be doing open world pvp.

Jenna'syyde

If you need a reason to do open world pvp, then you shouldn't be doing open world pvp.

Jenna'syyde

Regardless of your opinion which is kinda stupid, the fact is that most people will not bother if they are getting nothing for it and it's really not that hard to prove. Let's look at Ilum, an event was there and people went. There use to be pvp missions there, people went.

Event is over and no missions....now how many people are there? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Regardless of your opinion which is kinda stupid, the fact is that most people will not bother if they are getting nothing for it and it's really not that hard to prove. Let's look at Ilum, an event was there and people went. There use to be pvp missions there, people went.

Event is over and no missions....now how many people are there? Yeah, that's what I thought.

lol - i don't often agree with jenna, but i think he raises a valid point here.

on the other hand, I think you were thinking of something along the lines of Wintergrasp from WotLK? I have to admit, that was my favorite "open world" type of pvp event. I have the sneaking suspicion that the swtor engine/code cannot handle that...just based on the lag I experience in WZs. but it would be cool. and swtor really really really needs vehicles you can get into like the siege tanks and so forth in some of the WoW instances. I mean...the vehicles in the SW universe are ICONIC. fly a snow speeder in ilum? or the KotoR version of an AT-AT? omg! winning! instead, all we get is space missions that are like sitting in a theater "riding" a rollercoaster on the screen. mildly entertaining...I guess. Battlefront II managed to incorporate real vehicle (space) combat/missions, and space missions weren't the focus of that game either. iunno. like I said, it'd be nice to ride some assault vehicles in pvp.

Edited by foxmob

lol - i don't often agree with jenna, but i think he raises a valid point here.

on the other hand, I think you were thinking of something along the lines of Wintergrasp from WotLK? I have to admit, that was my favorite "open world" type of pvp event. I have the sneaking suspicion that the swtor engine/code cannot handle that...just based on the lag I experience in WZs. but it would be cool. and swtor really really really needs vehicles you can get into like the siege tanks and so forth in some of the WoW instances. I mean...the vehicles in the SW universe are ICONIC. fly a snow speeder in ilum? or the KotoR version of an AT-AT? omg! winning! instead, all we get is space missions that are like sitting in a theater "riding" a rollercoaster on the screen. mildly entertaining...I guess. Battlefront II managed to incorporate real vehicle (space) combat/missions, and space missions weren't the focus of that game either. iunno. like I said, it'd be nice to ride some assault vehicles in pvp.

Yeah yeah yeah, if you need a reward you aren't a true pvp'er, you probably suck, blah blah blah.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of world PVP and there isn't as much of one when you give people a reason to be doing it.

Yeah yeah yeah, if you need a reward you aren't a true pvp'er, you probably suck, blah blah blah.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of world PVP and there isn't as much of one when you give people a reason to be doing it.

that is the palyerbase fault. 90% of the people playing this game are of the we don't want to work for it just give it to us jenna-ration. It's why bioware has changed the way to get gear over and over. I mean before you actually earned gear but the masses cried so bioware had to cave in and give it away for free. I mean I play on a PVE server and yet I find OWPvP everyday when I'm doing my dailies. People just don't want to have to go look for it.

Edited by rlamela

that is the palyerbase fault. 90% of the people playing this game are of the we don't want to work for it just give it to us jenna-ration. It's why bioware has changed the way to get gear over and over. I mean before you actually earned gear but the masses cried so bioware had to cave in and give it away for free. I mean I play on a PVE server and yet I find OWPvP everyday when I'm doing my dailies. People just don't want to have to go look for it.

I completely agree with you that it is the playerbase's fault. I don't play on a PVP but I wish I did, I don't necessarily care about rewards for open world PVP but I would rather offer it and get some open world PVP than just not have any.

Believe me, I look for it...I go flagged into the opposing factions section all the time doing dailies and never find anybody to attack and nobody ever attacks me. :(

I completely agree with you that it is the playerbase's fault. I don't play on a PVP but I wish I did, I don't necessarily care about rewards for open world PVP but I would rather offer it and get some open world PVP than just not have any.

Believe me, I look for it...I go flagged into the opposing factions section all the time doing dailies and never find anybody to attack and nobody ever attacks me. :(

lol are you a Sage. Cause on my Sage I will constantly get attacked by unflagged marauders as soon as I engage the mobs. I Love it cause they are usually in PVE gear and die quite easily.

Jenna'syyde

lol are you a Sage. Cause on my Sage I will constantly get attacked by unflagged marauders as soon as I engage the mobs. I Love it cause they are usually in PVE gear and die quite easily.

Jenna'syyde

Nah, I am a Shadow. I usually give one walk around stealthed to see if anybody else is already flagged and if not I just unstealth and run around flagged. Very rarely do I ever get any action though.

Usually after 1 kill or 2 they just run to their safe zones until they are unflagged and then they come back.

New WZ's

Dueling arenas

Yes and keep adding these while the balance of pvp is messed up, smart move :)

most people won't bother? right.. have you seen my latest world pvp video? Linked below for your convenience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXoheIk0vfs

No new wz

No solo pug only queue

My sub ends soon, I dont wanna continue it and buy RoHC, which is only about new gear grind and pve content.

Are you people serious... You just got a new WARZONE..HELLO ANCIENT HYPERGATE.. BioWare has been upfront and open about the path they are taking with their Updates...

They said they would increase the patch Time to about 6-8weeks apart.. They did...

They said they would give you new warzone.. They did..

They said they were working on something for ilum.. They did..

They said after Ilum would be the game rebalancing Update... its almost here..

They said they are working on a way to give people the open world pvp they want.. however it may not be exactly what they are looking for...

I have never seen a company more transparent and follow through with everything they said...

What more do you want.. First born of each developer?

Are you people serious... You just got a new WARZONE..HELLO ANCIENT HYPERGATE.. BioWare has been upfront and open about the path they are taking with their Updates...

They said they would increase the patch Time to about 6-8weeks apart.. They did...

They said they would give you new warzone.. They did..

They said they were working on something for ilum.. They did..

They said after Ilum would be the game rebalancing Update... its almost here..

They said they are working on a way to give people the open world pvp they want.. however it may not be exactly what they are looking for...

I have never seen a company more transparent and follow through with everything they said...

What more do you want.. First born of each developer?

That's a bit of a stretch there they do say things they don't do. Agree with you on everything else though

50 pvp is already dying. Rated is non-existent, simply not enough players to support it. 55 will bring people back for a about a month until everyone realises its the same thing just a new grind for you. We don't need a new grind, we need something totally different. Large scale fights, rated WZ 1-2 x per week with a schedule and a champion crowned with perks, more WZ's that are harder to understand or more difficult to master. I do a few 50 matches, finish my daily and I'm done, I see the same old people over and over. If it weren't for noobie pvp I would have quit this game by now. You really see the 55 bracket taking off?, lol, I don't. The middle tier bracket is where everyone will go because of matchmaking issues and faster que pops. IMO. Dude cmon at least give us an arena that's easy to access and where we can yell and taunt each other and get some drama popcorn moments. There is 0 incentive to play 50 rated or 50 period. What is lacking is any creativity at all, there is none. Take a risk, piss some people off, give us something to be excited about when we log in. My rant is over.

Dont know what Bioware is doing here. Why are they waisting their time on this broken bolster system and messing up every class. For along time the biggest complaints is no season 1 for ranked WZ and open world pvp being non-existent. But instead of fixing those things they brake bolster and screw every class. I understand the classes need to be balanced but what the hell are the developers doing? Season 1 Ranked WZs with some gimmick rewards like titles and other minor carrots to dangle in front of the player base will get all of the elite pvp groups out of normal WZs.

But instead it looks like we get nerf 2.0! I mean nerfed by playing to lowest loudest crying members of our player base. They cry about their gear being crap even though they get free recruit, and it takes about a week to get War Hero. I see excuses everywhere on this forum for bad play I see the bad play in WZ and peoples gear is the least of the problems. These are the same people that cry in ops that their team sucked yet they have the lowest objective points. These are the same people that leave the WZ looking for the easy win. The problem with PVP now is these players being qued against the better pvp groups on their servers, because Ranked WZs are an utter failure. But instead of Bioware fixing that they decide to mess with everything else. Make this simple 3 things for Bioware.

1. Fix Ranked WZs (by starting season 1 with real stat tracking and rewards)

2. Open world PvP objectives (not that abomination they had in the gree event)

3. Fix the current broken **** in this game already. (Same buggs since launch)

THANKS BIOWARE!

Dude, AH was yet in last August, 6 month ago... I dont like this WZ, its not as good as Huttball or Voidstar.

So, 6 monthes and NO new WZ... hahaha... no 4x4 arenas... no pure deathmatch warzone... hahaha...

So zero new content for pure pvp'ers who mostly playing in pug only (cuz most time friends off-line). If zero new content, than ciao.

This game have great storyline and some nice wz, but after year playing any pve boring and old game matchmaking mistakes like pugs/premade problem ( was same also in WoW or AION) still exist...

50 pvp is already dying. Rated is non-existent, simply not enough players to support it. 55 will bring people back for a about a month until everyone realises its the same thing just a new grind for you. We don't need a new grind, we need something totally different. Large scale fights, rated WZ 1-2 x per week with a schedule and a champion crowned with perks, more WZ's that are harder to understand or more difficult to master. I do a few 50 matches, finish my daily and I'm done, I see the same old people over and over. If it weren't for noobie pvp I would have quit this game by now. You really see the 55 bracket taking off?, lol, I don't. The middle tier bracket is where everyone will go because of matchmaking issues and faster que pops. IMO. Dude cmon at least give us an arena that's easy to access and where we can yell and taunt each other and get some drama popcorn moments. There is 0 incentive to play 50 rated or 50 period. What is lacking is any creativity at all, there is none. Take a risk, piss some people off, give us something to be excited about when we log in. My rant is over.

Well your server must truly blow. Because TOFN has its own rated league arranged between the guilds. We dont need a new grind? i take it you mean gear? because when the level goes to 55 what did you think would happen?? that gear you grinded at 50 to be viable then??. Are you sure mmo's are for you? because Grind is what mmos are. I can see what your saying about no incentive and the lack of creativity. Also the matchmaking issues completely correct but you complain about grind etc which is completely defunct

No gear progression

No guild based objective pvp

No pvp season.

On gear.

It is called test center for a reason. Bolster probably isn't done. It is easy to gear now, and that is a good thing. It means you can play more then one class. If you want or need a huge gear advantage? That isn't pvp (skill against skill). That is a job, and the person with more time wins. If you want gear progression? Do PVE. This game already has min/maxing, which means people with a clue will be doing much better then people who don't bother.

Objective based pvp.

Do you mean World vs World? If you need a piece of candy to WvW? Don't do it. WvW to me means making a stealth class and killing other level 50's doing dailies. Usually as republic as it allows more targets. To someone else? It means getting more people then other people have and killing those people. To still others? It means camping low level characters. Big guilds? It means getting a huge battle together and spamming aoe abilities at eachother with ranged. While I don't enjoy any of those but the first? You can do all of that now. The only person holding you back is you. What objective do you need? It isn't like it is hard to gear in this game. Do you need a Jawa to come on the screen and bow down to you every time you get a player kill ? FREE TIME is what allows world pvp to thrive (see original WoW with 1 pvp gear set for a couple years). To free up time? They need to make this game have easily accessible gear. PoT5 has no problem with world pvp. Maybe the realm you are on? Is just focused on PVE.

No PvP season.

Ranked in this game looks like it is going to be for bragging rights. That is the entire reason to even make a ranked team. When you have gear progression through ranked? You end up with all fotm classes (even worse then it already is in this game). See WoW where I would fight 9/10 KFC comp one season, RMP comps another season.

I really don't understand any of the complaints you have to be honest. World pvp to me personally is a joke in everything past old ultima online. In that game I killed someone and took all their crap. Blame Everquest for making world pvp "candyland". All other MMO's followed suit. You are never going to get meaningful world pvp ever again. The only enjoyment I get out of it, is 1 v 1'ing 2 v1'ing other people on the lower pop factions, and seeing them rage over a res run. Other then that? It is just who has the most numbers, which makes it pointless to me.

Edited by biowareftw

New WZ's

Dueling arenas

umm the reacurring gree event is a reason to do world pvp.

Dude, AH was yet in last August, 6 month ago... I dont like this WZ, its not as good as Huttball or Voidstar.

So, 6 monthes and NO new WZ... hahaha... no 4x4 arenas... no pure deathmatch warzone... hahaha...

So zero new content for pure pvp'ers who mostly playing in pug only (cuz most time friends off-line). If zero new content, than ciao.

This game have great storyline and some nice wz, but after year playing any pve boring and old game matchmaking mistakes like pugs/premade problem ( was same also in WoW or AION) still exist...

Ummm.... Ancient Hypergates was released in December

World PVP won't work in this game. They tried before and it was a disaster. And yes, people need an incentive to do world PVP, and I mean PVP, not what we did ... what, one year ago? Taking turns at blowing up each other's vehicles to complete the daily without any complications. And if you attacked the opposing faction you'd get insulted by your own faction for disrupting their exchange.

So yes, people need a carrot at the end of the stick that's gonna make them want to kill the enemy for perosnal gain, it's simply how it is.

Sadly this will never happen here.