Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[TFA Spoilers] coexistence of SWTOR canon and Disney canon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
[TFA Spoilers] coexistence of SWTOR canon and Disney canon

BrianDavion
01.14.2016 , 01:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
I thought Star Wars Christmas special was deemed non-canon?
what star wars holiday special? I don't recall a star wars holiday special, in fact I'm certin there was no Star Wars holiday special.
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

DarthDymond
01.14.2016 , 01:20 AM | #22
I thought Star Wars Christmas special was deemed non-canon?
Not to mention:
  • The Droids cartoon
  • The Ewoks cartoon
  • Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
  • Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

I have no idea whether the Clone Wars micro-series is Canon (the 5ish-minutes-long traditional animation shorts, I know the 30-minute episode CGI series is Canon).
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

PSVEindhoven
01.14.2016 , 01:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
what star wars holiday special? I don't recall a star wars holiday special, in fact I'm certin there was no Star Wars holiday special.
Well, then George Lucas did a fine job. :P

The Holiday Special is a film from 1978 about our heroes, who want to celebrate Life Day on Kashyyyk. Between the parts of the film there are little animationfilms and music parts, one in which Boba Fett is introduced for the first time, by the way. These parts are really comical and crazy. From Wookieepedia: "Star Wars creator George Lucas's involvement in the special's production was limited, and he was unhappy with the final product." (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_S...oliday_Special)

The Holiday Special is seen as one of the worst products of Star Wars ever. Rumor has it that George Lucas wants to burn every copy existing. That's why the Holiday Special has never been produced on DVD or video.
Click here for my Referral Link -- http://www.swtor.com/r/wGpgvL
What YOU get: HERE

BrianDavion
01.14.2016 , 02:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PSVEindhoven View Post
Well, then George Lucas did a fine job. :P

The Holiday Special is a film from 1978 about our heroes, who want to celebrate Life Day on Kashyyyk. Between the parts of the film there are little animationfilms and music parts, one in which Boba Fett is introduced for the first time, by the way. These parts are really comical and crazy. From Wookieepedia: "Star Wars creator George Lucas's involvement in the special's production was limited, and he was unhappy with the final product." (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_S...oliday_Special)

The Holiday Special is seen as one of the worst products of Star Wars ever. Rumor has it that George Lucas wants to burn every copy existing. That's why the Holiday Special has never been produced on DVD or video.
heh yeah I know what it is. I was more making a joke about pretending it doesn't exist
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

PSVEindhoven
01.14.2016 , 09:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
heh yeah I know what it is. I was more making a joke about pretending it doesn't exist
Oh well. I'll see myself out then
Click here for my Referral Link -- http://www.swtor.com/r/wGpgvL
What YOU get: HERE

Anca_Lagon
01.22.2016 , 06:09 PM | #26
It's all pretty simple! SWTOR is not canon! The speculation about e.g. first Jedi temple - obsolete - u will see! They already proven Disney gives a **** about anything that does not fit with them or their ideas! They eradicated some of the most beloved figures from the Star Wars universe - Jacen, Jaina, Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker! The only thing they care is to make a buck! They give a damn!
One of the more profitable story in the EU is Revan! The chance that they gonna take it and re-write is in my opinion as close to a 100% as it can get - too many people longing for stories about Revan, too many would give their last dime if they get all new content, even a movie about him.
Everybody better say good bye to Star Wars as u knew it - they will obliterate the existing universe and create their own. Bye bye Darth Malgus, Darth Bane! Bye bye Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Jolee Bindo and Nomi Sunrider, ... bye bye Kotor, SWTOR, ....

OldVengeance
01.23.2016 , 01:19 PM | #27
Darth Bane still exists. Maybe Darth Ruin. Every other EU story and character (including SWTOR) is already non canon.

MonBrav
01.23.2016 , 01:31 PM | #28
I was upset when Disney decided the 150 books I bought over the years never happened.
Spoiler alert: Nothing in canon ever happened either.

Bolfotha
01.23.2016 , 07:36 PM | #29
IIRC one of the writers (Weeks?) said that SWTOR is Legends, and because of that they have a lot of freedom in regards to the direction they can take with this story.

MopSopS
01.26.2016 , 12:19 AM | #30
This game is not canon, thats it