Do you feel entitled???

ginzo

I hear lots of talk about casuals or "bads" etc feeling entitled to better gear easier etc.

But tbh the arguement is utterly upside down. It is only in the world of gaming that those who play most feel entitled to gear advantages.

For example in any other sport you choose to think about ( i,ll choose football for example.)

where a team has lots of time to dedicate to practice and playing as a team all the time , they will improve individually and as a unit. This is universally true as it is in terms of pvp gaming.

Guilds who form premades with the same guys and have the available freetime to practice more will become better.

so why then do the same people feel ENTITLED to always having a gear advantage over those whom they should be better than anyway? I speak of people who dont have the time to practice as much and who can't always play in the same unit. ( pugs, casuals etc)

To bring it back to my football analogy , this would be like Barcelona demanding that when they play a bunch of guys from the local school that the officials make sure that the Barcelona goal is smaller and that the other team only wear bare feet.

Even further skeweing the odds in their favor than their superior practice and tactics should already have them stacked.

I know thats an extreme analogy , but the point is the same. In no other competative arena would the highest trained and most experienced competators DEMAND to have better equipment than those they compete against and expect to get it.

minmise the gear gaps and gear up everyone , lets have a level playing field i say ....

then let the most skillfull teams shine ... same as every other walk of life

plying 10 hours a day should ENTITLE you to nothing , except your own honed skills which nbody would argue against.

I don't even take people seriously who are sitting in BM and Warhero gears when they talk about skills. They are first to go in panic mode when someone suggests that progression should be smoother so that people are on equal level when it comes to gear so that the only thing that separates them is skills.

But no for them skills mean keeping an advantage in terms of gear. Such double standards.

Can I stop playing and start being given all the best gear for free then?

Sure, I'm contributing 0 hours of gametime, but I deserve all the best loots!

:edit:

If you want a game where only player skill matters, not time invested to get gear, then don't play a game with progression.

Many FPS games cater to that playstyle (although these days more and more progression is being added to them too with unlockable weapons, etc).

Edited by Jestunhi

I don't even take people seriously who are sitting in BM and Warhero gears when they talk about skills. They are first to go in panic mode when someone suggests that progression should be smoother so that people are on equal level when it comes to gear so that the only thing that separates them is skills.

But no for them skills mean keeping an advantage in terms of gear. Such double standards.

These are many of the same ppl who also claim there's no hacking going on in this game.:rolleyes:

i dont have issues with rewarding time spent with some sort of gear reward progression, within reason .. my point is the irony where those who expect the best gear simply for practicing more then call others entitled...

i dont have issues with rewarding time spent with some sort of gear reward progression, within reason .. my point is the irony where those who expect the best gear simply for practicing more then call others entitled...
So farming in for say 1 BM a week or so as you would under the pre 1.2 system is too easy.

Now unless you can sit in premades you will struggle to get the daily done in less than 1 week at least on my server.

Now you can probably multiply that by 2-3 for each BM piece and in your eyes thats "fair & balanced"(just like fox news)

What "best gear" is given out for practicing instead of top-tier pvp or pve content?

What "best gear" is given out for practicing instead of top-tier pvp or pve content?

Where were you before patch 1.2 then? i bet you got easy route to BM/Warhero gear. isn't that what you are wearing right now? be honest.

Game design 101 says that a game should be challenging. If it's too easy or too hard it's not challenging and discourages players, either because of boredom or frustration.

Entitlement is absurd, I agree, but if better geared players could pwn opponents that don't have said gear without particular effort, well, that wouldn't be healthy for TOR (or any other game).

eveey time you do a warzone your practicing your skills are you not?

Personally, I wouldn't have had any of this "expertise" hooey. Gear is gear. You can modify it to your liking as best you can to dive into the fray.

Of course the alleged "leets" love expertise and 1.2.

Where were you before patch 1.2 then? i bet you got easy route to BM/Warhero gear. isn't that what you are wearing right now? be honest.

I have 3 pieces of BM gear, 2 implants and a bracer.

Thanks for asking.

Personally, I wouldn't have had any of this "expertise" hooey. Gear is gear. You can modify it to your liking as best you can to dive into the fray.

Raid gear is easier to aquire and without expertise would beat pvp gear.

The reason expertise exists is to stop pve players from having an advantage in pvp over pvp players.

Edited by Jestunhi

Thing is they want to keep the lead and advantage. they farmed BM/warhero before 1.2 because even losing got them respectable rewards. Interestingly none of them opened their mouth because they were ok with it. But now suddenly they are the advocates on how people who lose deserves it. Right..where the hell where you people before 1.2? :rolleyes: probably farming BM.

Like i said panic mode.

Edited by Gorrdan

i can understand the need for a bit of some sort of pvp stat ... i played vanilla wow and our guild used to sometimes do some team pvp in out blackwing epics before many folk had much pvp gear , and folk used to mass leave cos we had such a gear advantage from PVE . which was understandible..

but as others have said , the expertise should be baselined ,, and then only leave the normal stats immproving so raiders dont overtake , but also the gap from normal lvl 50's doesnt get to where it is now.

i can understand the need for a bit of some sort of pvp stat ... i played vanilla wow and our guild used to sometimes do some team pvp in out blackwing epics before many folk had much pvp gear , and folk used to mass leave cos we had such a gear advantage from PVE . which was understandible..
What he said.

but as others have said , the expertise should be baselined ,, and then only leave the normal stats immproving so raiders dont overtake , but also the gap from normal lvl 50's doesnt get to where it is now.

I'd have no problem with this.

PvP gear is still better for PvP than PvE gear, but the difference between ranks of PvP gear would just be mainstat / secondary stat like it is on PvE gear.

Would offer a smoother progression.

In fact, would give exactly the same progression as PvE gear has.

Edited by Jestunhi

Can I stop playing and start being given all the best gear for free then?

Sure, I'm contributing 0 hours of gametime, but I deserve all the best loots!

If you want a game where only player skill matters, not time invested to get gear, then don't play a game with progression.

Many FPS games cater to that playstyle (although these days more and more progression is being added to them too with unlockable weapons, etc).

the only advantage for playing more is more knowledge of your class, not a whole tier of gear difference to smash new kids. How is that even fun?

A system like wow's would work well for this game, set a cap on wz coms for the week that cap raises based on your MMR in Ranked Wz's

Thing is they want to keep the lead and advantage. they farmed BM/warhero before 1.2 because even losing got them respectable rewards. Interestingly none of them opened their mouth because they were ok with it. But now suddenly they are the advocates on how people who lose deserves it. Right..where the hell where you people before 1.2? :rolleyes: probably farming BM.

Like i said panic mode.

yes its true , and the minority who really want the best gear as a crutch , are the most vocal about calling others entitled and saying losers deserve nothing etc..... ironic

Raid gear is easier to aquire and without expertise would beat pvp gear.

The reason expertise exists is to stop pve players from having an advantage in pvp over pvp players.

Time = skill?

PVE gear takes less TIME to get, its not easier, in fact now with the RNG for pvp gone...its based on luck for pve now.

Next the lvl 10's will be demanding the same stats as a lvl 50.

Otherwise it's not fair to them, just because they have played less!

Oh, and they don't earn as many credits as an artificer churning out augment slotted lightsabers, so the lvl 10's need to be given a generous allowance too.

And they don't have access to end game items either? We should mail all lvl 10's a full set of Columi or Rakata so they don't feel left out!

You wouldn't need it if everyone, pve or pvp players had all the same type of gear, period.

People are so hesitant to make it about just skill.

"Everyone" wants their 8-man premades, bioware wants to let the hackers run wild and pretend it never happens, and the "masses" that love 1.2 want as much buffer between skill and gear as possible, especially in game mechanics.

Oh, and they don't earn as many credits as an artificer churning out augment slotted lightsabers, so the lvl 10's need to be given a generous allowance too.

And they don't have access to end game items either? We should mail all lvl 10's a full set of Columi or Rakata so they don't feel left out!

Dude just stop you can not even hold an argument. You just go off tangent and start using strawmans just to shift the focus of actual discussions.

Please stop.

Time = skill?

PVE gear takes less TIME to get, its not easier, in fact now with the RNG for pvp gone...its based on luck for pve now.

It is easier.

A pre-scripted pve encounter is easier than a random pvp one.

You know the handful of attacks the boss will do compared to the dozens (hundreds if including mirror abilities?) of abilities which you could encounter in pvp.

A boss or a mob is predictable, it stays agro'd on the tank (assuming a good tank) and does a small set of moves which your team is all prepared for.

now your just being absurd,,, or are yuo really that dumb? nobody cares in pve who has better gear ,,, in fact in pve i love being in groups with guys in uber gear ,,, cos htey are helping kill stuff , not trying to kill me ....

You wouldn't need it if everyone, pve or pvp players had all the same type of gear, period.

People are so hesitant to make it about just skill.

"Everyone" wants their 8-man premades, bioware wants to let the hackers run wild and pretend it never happens, and the "masses" that love 1.2 want as much buffer between skill and gear as possible, especially in game mechanics.

If you want a skill based game then play or develop one. Might be best to look beyond MMO's though, because games which lack progression rarely keep players interested enough to pay for the servers, patches, development, bandwidth, hardware replacements, etc.

Don't think that your opinion is everyones and that everyone wants pure skill-based pvp in this game.