Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

SithDrangar
01.06.2012 , 12:54 AM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
What do you want from her. That she falls to the Dark Side as easy as the SW companion? And then enjoy the Dark Side that much? Or what is the ultimate sign that she has fallen?

The Jedi Palpatine corrupted also didn't fully fall to the Dark Side in that way. Afaik Anakin never enjoyed killing (maybe exept for revenge), tourturing or distruction. And I think he also considered himself as a Jedi until they were destroyed.
And the movie-Dooku was even a kind of idealist (or did he only pretend to be one?).

Maybe the SW story is more fun, but the SI story seems more realistic and also closer to the Sidious-fantasy.

(I have to add that I haven't played SI or SW yet, just writing from what I have heard.)
First of all, don't reply to things you have only second hand knowledge about.

Yes, for all of us Dark Side Inquisitors, we want what our fellow warriors get: a choice to fully corrupt a Jedi Padawan into our own love-the-dark-side-as-much-as-we-do apprentice. That is one of the best fantasies about playing a Sith Inquisitor and it was denied to us!

Second, Darth Vader absolutely loved killing, torturing, and destruction after he fell to the dark side. Hello, holo of him killing younglings?

For a full Dark Side Sith, there is absolutely nothing realistic about keeping her around once she has fulfilled her purpose. If she cannot be turned, she should be killed, immediately. That would unbalance the game, having one less companion than others. Therefore, the only solution is to add a dark side option to her like Jaesa for the warrior.

To the story devs: how could you miss including this in the game? For as long as this was in development, we get shafted with a light side padawan with no choice to keep her that way or turn her to the dark side? Epic fail on this part of our story.

lokdron
01.06.2012 , 01:44 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by SithDrangar View Post

Yes, for all of us Dark Side Inquisitors, we want what our fellow warriors get: a choice to fully corrupt a Jedi Padawan into our own love-the-dark-side-as-much-as-we-do apprentice. That is one of the best fantasies about playing a Sith Inquisitor and it was denied to us!

Second, Darth Vader absolutely loved killing, torturing, and destruction after he fell to the dark side. Hello, holo of him killing younglings?

For a full Dark Side Sith, there is absolutely nothing realistic about keeping her around once she has fulfilled her purpose. If she cannot be turned, she should be killed, immediately. That would unbalance the game, having one less companion than others. Therefore, the only solution is to add a dark side option to her like Jaesa for the warrior.

To the story devs: how could you miss including this in the game? For as long as this was in development, we get shafted with a light side padawan with no choice to keep her that way or turn her to the dark side? Epic fail on this part of our story.
Lets not forget darth vader killing admirals left right and center for even a small mistake if I decide to re watch the movies I should take count of how many admirals vader goes through during episodes 4-6. I think after awhile vader started to enjoy choking people.

Ontopic: I agree grey is not good enough if you have a sith inquisitor that follows the dark side faithfully having her grey is not good enough if she does not convert she should be destroyed thats what sith normally do when trying to convert jedi.

Batslav
01.06.2012 , 05:54 AM | #223
why 5 out of 6 companions are male ?
the only female one is light side jedi sry but this is joke

im sure most of SI`s are dark sided so what we can do with light side companion ?
everytime we choose to kill for dark points the affection goes down
we need to spend tons of money for gifts

thana is 10 times better too bad i had to kill her at the end

Maaruin
01.06.2012 , 09:17 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by madsloth View Post
Dooku was playing his role in his masters chess game until his betrayal.
I have to admit, I don't know much about Dooku's reasons for turning to the Dark Side and how Sidious managed it. So I take it back.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithDrangar View Post
Well I have first-hand knowledge of the movies and (thanks to YouTube) also about Jeasa now. So I know a little about turning to the DS, but not about Ashara yet.

Quote:
He did all these DS things not because he enjoyed killing. He did it because he thougt it has to be done to stop the Jedi Rebellion and to save Padme.

Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Lets not forget darth vader killing admirals left right and center for even a small mistake if I decide to re watch the movies I should take count of how many admirals vader goes through during episodes 4-6. I think after awhile vader started to enjoy choking people.
3 chokes, 2 kills (1 captain and 1 admiral). We can't see if he likes it or if the kills are just a "zero tolerance for mistakes"-policy. (You're right that he likes choking the admiral who doubts the force.)

Quote: Originally Posted by SithDrangar
Yes, for all of us Dark Side Inquisitors, ...
There are some Dark Side Inquisitors who won't agree.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...44#post1186144

So I have some Questions to you:

If there was something like the following:
You: "You have to kill these Younglings! There is no other way to [insert her/your goal here]."
Ashara: "I will do what must be done."
Would this be DS enough for you?

If not, would you be satisfied if she executes someone (Soldier, Servent, Officer) for his incompetence.

Or does she have to be like Jaesa:
"Please, give me the shocker that I can torture your slave. She is just trying to be a good slave, but it's so much fun."
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

madsloth
01.06.2012 , 10:49 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
There are some Dark Side Inquisitors who won't agree.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...44#post1186144
of course you will find dark SI who like Ashara the way she is… but if you show me one I will show you someone who also does not care about consistency in a story line. A SI who would happily run around with a Jedi is as deluded as a light sided SI (who would have never made it off of Korriban)

There is only one Jedi I have encountered that I let live, why is she different? what logical reason would a SI have in keeping this annoying heretic around? she served her purpose, well for me she betray me and had 2 Jedi masters waiting to kill me so she failed to serve her purpose and set me up yet out of the kindness of my heart I let her live and even offer her a home on my ship…. Right.

Arakinis
01.06.2012 , 11:09 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Batslav View Post
thana is 10 times better too bad i had to kill her at the end
100% agree, why they didn't make her the SI companion is beyond me. In fact I made 3 light side choices in the entire game and sparing her was one of them. With hopes that I'll see her around/bang again.

I hope that Bioware starts to flesh out the companions through side quests ala Mass Effect 2....However making 39 (not counting all 8 ship droids and the Jedi Guard droid) different side plots with full voice acting is probably not real high on the list if at all...It's a shame though I'd like to get to know my new apprentice (Xalek) better.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Athcear
01.06.2012 , 11:24 AM | #227
I'm leveling quite slowly and literally just met Ashara, so I don't really know which direction this will all go, but I really enjoyed convincing her to commit murder on our first encounter. I don't really care if she ever calls herself a Sith, but she's absolutely taken the first step towards corruption. I will be quite pleased if it continues in that direction.
Blood is falling like the rain...

lokdron
01.06.2012 , 07:32 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by madsloth View Post
of course you will find dark SI who like Ashara the way she is… but if you show me one I will show you someone who also does not care about consistency in a story line. A SI who would happily run around with a Jedi is as deluded as a light sided SI (who would have never made it off of Korriban)

There is only one Jedi I have encountered that I let live, why is she different? what logical reason would a SI have in keeping this annoying heretic around? she served her purpose, well for me she betray me and had 2 Jedi masters waiting to kill me so she failed to serve her purpose and set me up yet out of the kindness of my heart I let her live and even offer her a home on my ship…. Right.
Yup this thread would not have reached this size if many people liked ashara as she is if your SI follows the way of the sith and dark side faithfully not being allowed to fully corrupt her makes no sense because to the sith religion ashara is a heretic that should either be A turned to the dark side or B destroyed.

dracophoenix
01.06.2012 , 08:32 PM | #229
I would like option of Force Persuading her over time. Slowly nudging her toward the Dark Side through manipulation of her will till it is second nature. Then make her combat shouts change, no more jedi talk.
Austin, Texas. Home, Sweet Home....That and a Galaxy Far Away.

_Icewraith_
01.07.2012 , 02:20 AM | #230
I don't know what you guys are all complaining about. There seems to be a perfectly good "Palpatine-style" manipulative end to that first conversation.

Spoiler

I've only had a couple of conversations with her so far (just got to 2k and am in the process of unloading all the courting gifts I acquired leveling diplomacy), the first couple of conversations once you get her for realsies definitely seem like they have the manipulative choices
Spoiler
if you hunt for them. It seems like if you're not corrupting your apprentice slowly and that's what you wanted to be doing you need to fish around in the conversations a little more.

Esc is your friend, you even have a split second when the screen starts fading to esc out if you didn't realize the conversation was going to end and you don't like your choices.

Edit: Also don't think of her as
Spoiler
think of it as
Spoiler