PT Hybrids

UGLYMRJ

Just curious to what hybrids people are running out there. I'm currently running a AP/Tank Hybrid and doing quite well with it. Would never run it in ranked but it's fun as hell in regular WZ's and I can often top damage AND protection.

If you click on the guild name <Nothing Personal> in signature and go to the trophy room there are a few examples of some of the stat heavy games I've had.

What other hybrid specs are you running and how well are they working for you?

It may be my impression, but aren't you running a full AP spec with Ion cylinder ? That isn't much of a hybrid spec

Also your screeenshots show defeats... which tells me as good as a PT may be, hybrid specs are dead (rip Ironfist :mad:). Firstly, you may be a top notch player, but you couldn't bring home victory, that may be because of the spec. That SS with over 1 mil dmg and zero kills is the best indicator - plenty of damage, but just not enough to kill and give your team some breathing space so they can cap. Secondly, the more your team sucks, the better the scoreboard will shift in your favor. If all your team mates would have at least half a brain and would understand focus fire, objectives, priority targets and CC like you, your numbers would be much lower because the play field would be more even.

Regardless, maybe an AP/Pyro hybrid can still work... maybe. Other than that, any other hybrid falls short vs pure specs... which is quite unfortunate. I love hybrids :(

Oh, but your guild has some awesome banners. Pulp Fiction Fett and Vader and Vader lighting one up... priceless. +1

Edited by maestruljedi

It may be my impression, but aren't you running a full AP spec with Ion cylinder ? That isn't much of a hybrid spec

Also your screeenshots show defeats... which tells me as good as a PT may be, hybrid specs are dead (rip Ironfist :mad:). Firstly, you may be a top notch player, but you couldn't bring home victory, that may be because of the spec. That SS with over 1 mil dmg and zero kills is the best indicator - plenty of damage, but just not enough to kill and give your team some breathing space so they can cap. Secondly, the more your team sucks, the better the scoreboard will shift in your favor. If all your team mates would have at least half a brain and would understand focus fire, objectives, priority targets and CC like you, your numbers would be much lower because the play field would be more even.

Regardless, maybe an AP/Pyro hybrid can still work... maybe. Other than that, any other hybrid falls short vs pure specs... which is quite unfortunate. I love hybrids :(

Oh, but your guild has some awesome banners. Pulp Fiction Fett and Vader and Vader lighting one up... priceless. +1

Thanks... I actually did the site myself. Enjin makes it easy.

But yeah... most of my high stat games are because of crap teams. But good healing. All of those games had HALF of a good team but we were nerfed by the other half. I normally can top protection and stay within top 3 DPS easily but the games we win usually don't have the shiny numbers that these games did. Which is why many of those are the ones that got posted.

The spec is actually a 10/31/0 so yeah... hardly a hybrid but lots of fun. Was just wondering what some other options might be for regular WZ's. I'm normally DPS and plan on full Pyro for rated when geared but I can't stand how boring pyro is right now so I play with different specs in regular WZ;s.

I also definitely win more than I lose... just normally when I'm out performing my team the most is when the numbers look even prettier. When I'm running with my guild my numbers are good... but they don't stand out nearly as much. ;)

Also... the million damage was on my marauder. It was basically a match where 3 heals and my smash marauder were against 3 heals and another smash marauder at mid. Everyone else was guarding and fighting over the side nodes and me and the other marauder pretty much knew that if any of us left we would lose mid so we depended on our team to make something happen. Didn't work out well but it was a fun game. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ